V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #706 of 23,366

Quote:

TWICE ARTICLE I'M FEATURED IN
TWICE, This Week in Consumer Electronics, had an article that came out today about the state of the headphone industry in general with 32 INTERVIEWS OF HEADPHONE COMPANIES.  Must read! I was the only pictured person so I'm happy.  It is a VERY INTERESTING read.  Check it out!  Warning, it is 35mb unless somebody has time to downsample it and relink.

Full article below:

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=M3BrK3BGSWh1Yk5Yd3NUQw

Yay, school internet is so fast. Would certainly have taken me much longer than 5 seconds to download that.
Reading through the various comments and opinions of the different participants... I say, well said!
And look at *Ahem*NoelLee*Ahem* that talks so much about better sound, demoing 'higher definition' product in the right ways, all in a way of saying unlike other brands, Monster is committed to dramatically improved sound quality.
Hypocrisy much is all I have to say about that person, speaking for the company best known for shady store demos, and perhaps the prime reason why we CAN'T demo headphones properly in average consumer stores (i.e. BestBuy): all the non-Monster/Beats product are playing a highly split radio quality Monster commercials! Gee, he has nerves to write the longest share in the article.

And Val, you sure are doing something right! The people's headphone--the way you're open to suggestions like this thread-- is certainly the best way not to say "take this sound and live with it, like it or not".

Quote:
Slipping off isn't the problem really, it's that on the smallest setting on the headband, the cups tend to end up beneath the top of my ears. So that the top of the cup is somewhere on the middle of my ear instead of above it. If u catch my drift?

You should try making a headband!

^ Headband I made for my YH-1. Though the YH-1 already has a headband attachment system, you can always attach one using various methods... sown-around the fork, held by elastics, make a button to hold it on... May not look as nice (?) but definitely can help your fit and comfort.
I made mine out of a very stretchy pleather (marine vinyl or something?) and they can be very comfortable. It was $20/m (54" wide) and costs me under 7$ for 30cm long... I can make more than a dozen of these with that amount.

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #707 of 23,366

Quote:
The only city in Taiwan I actually found A LOT of headphones (in quantity and variety) is Taipei, around Taipei Train Station and Guang Hua Shang Tsang (?? or something. sorry I don't know the actual ping ying).
I really want to go again and see if those people will actually even carry Beats like the Apple store would, since many of the shop owners focus a lot more on sound than anything else.
In fact, some shop owners may have imported V-Moda products there. While unlikely, since they mostly carry long-established brands + Japanese brands, I can't deny the possibility. Naturally M-100's aren't even out yet so none of those.

If V-Moda goes to Taiwan I'll finally be able to audition them next time I go! Headphone auditioning in Quebec (province) is mostly non-existent. In fact, I've seen V-Moda in Apple's online store, but zero in stores in the province. (Not rushing you Val, I know you're already working on broadening your market!)

I'm going to Taiwan next month so I'll try and check out this place you mentioned.
Seems like these are the ones (found them in yahoo)

"Headphones can be bought at NOVA, just diagonally across Taipei Main Train Station.

Additionally, you can find them at 3C chain stores, such as 燦坤(also located near Taipei Main Train Station),順發,全國電子,and even convenient stores.

If you want a wider selection of headphones, you can visit光華商場,just take the MRT and get off at 忠孝新生station,walk north approximately 3 minutes and you will see a bunch of 3C stores clustered together in one area."

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #708 of 23,366
haha!! Its so cool seeing other people living in Taiwan here too!!! Yea Guang Hua has a lot of headphones...definitely the number 1 place to go. I only know of one store that carries respectable headphones...I think its on the top floor? or 2nd to top floor. Look out for that! That store's also the only store i know of that carries V-Moda but just LP. Whether theyre Fugazi or not is a different story.

Dont bother with the 3C or 全國 ... ...those rnt legit headphones...

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #709 of 23,366
Yeah, NOVA! That's the other place just above Taipei Train Station :wink: Just take salesperson opinions with a handful of salt. In Taiwan for some reason they like to define things in the extreme... like they may say stuff like Sennheiser and Audio-Technica to be 'only for listening to vocals'... And they also name so many brands with nicknames or something: for example if they talk about steel triangle then it's ATH, etc... I have such a hard time shopping sometimes lol
"what the heck is cross-P??"
Salesperson: "Windows cross-P! You don't know?"

And be vigilant against fugazi's. The retail environment is a bit crazier than Singapore.

Mar 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #713 of 23,366

Quote:
Yeah, NOVA! That's the other place just above Taipei Train Station
wink.gif
Just take salesperson opinions with a handful of salt. In Taiwan for some reason they like to define things in the extreme... like they may say stuff like Sennheiser and Audio-Technica to be 'only for listening to vocals'... And they also name so many brands with nicknames or something: for example if they talk about steel triangle then it's ATH, etc... I have such a hard time shopping sometimes lol
"what the heck is cross-P??"
Salesperson: "Windows cross-P! You don't know?"
And be vigilant against fugazi's. The retail environment is a bit crazier than Singapore.

Haha ok.
My chinese is ok but the Taiwanese are cute in using short forms so I'll probably go huh.
Going to just take a look while wearing my M80s. :p

Mar 21, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #714 of 23,366

Quote:
Well, if the headband gets up to like twice the size, it wouldn't look natural.

I'm starting to think that if headphones are constantly sliding off your too-small head, then that's a bit unnatural on its own, and a thick headband is the least of your worries!

LOL. I'm just kidding dude. 

I guess I was envisioning a finished look to the padding, like a covered pad, sort of like a small version of what comes on duffel bag or luggage handles to keep the strap from cutting into your hand. You could even affix it with velcro so you could take it on and off. 

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Lined-Velcro-Shoulder-Strap-Addon/dp/B002PN8WRS/ref=pd_sbs_a_1

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #715 of 23,366

Quote:
I'm starting to think that if headphones are constantly sliding off your too-small head, then that's a bit unnatural on its own, and a thick headband is the least of your worries!

LOL. I'm just kidding dude. 

I guess I was envisioning a finished look to the padding, like a covered pad, sort of like a small version of what comes on duffel bag or luggage handles to keep the strap from cutting into your hand. You could even affix it with velcro so you could take it on and off. 

Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Lined-Velcro-Shoulder-Strap-Addon/dp/B002PN8WRS/ref=pd_sbs_a_1

They're not sliding of my head as I stated earlier. It's just that my head is too "short" so that the earpads end up too far down on my head. They don't sit like they're supposed to on the ears. 
I got my M80's today and they are a tad to big on the smallest setting, it's okay though, the best fit I've ever experienced actually. They sound awesome too, a little low on bass and isolation for my liking but I guess u can't get everything. Btw, I think the thing u linked would work but I don't think I'd like the aestethics.

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #716 of 23,366

Quote:
They're not sliding of my head as I stated earlier. It's just that my head is too "short" so that the earpads end up too far down on my head. They don't sit like they're supposed to on the ears. 
I got my M80's today and they are a tad to big on the smallest setting, it's okay though, the best fit I've ever experienced actually. They sound awesome too, a little low on bass and isolation for my liking but I guess u can't get everything. Btw, I think the thing u linked would work but I don't think I'd like the aestethics.

Keep using them and let the ear pads conform to your ears. I've found that the bass improves once it conforms to your ears, maintaining a better seal. I continue to be impressed with how balanced and fun the sound is. The sound is more natural than my HD25s and I love the bass extension. Just a fantastic headphone. On a side note while I was rocking my M-80s today, I saw a couple people wearing some LP and an LP2 on the streets of NYC, and it got me even more excited for the M-100.
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #717 of 23,366

Quote:

Keep using them and let the ear pads conform to your ears. I've found that the bass improves once it conforms to your ears, maintaining a better seal. I continue to be impressed with how balanced and fun the sound is. The sound is more natural than my HD25s and I love the bass extension. Just a fantastic headphone. On a side note while I was rocking my M-80s today, I saw a couple people wearing some LP and an LP2 on the streets of NYC, and it got me even more excited for the M-100.
tongue.gif

I'm superexcited too! Although I wont be able to buy them if they retail att 399, cuz that's the price that's outed right?

Mar 22, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #718 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm superexcited too! Although I wont be able to buy them if they retail att 399, cuz that's the price that's outed right?

Im sure its $299?

Mar 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #720 of 23,366
With all these extra features you're adding on here, Val, I will take it msrp even if other people have it for cheaper. The interaction with the consumer base is amazing and I respect that. With the extended time of development, I can rack up more dough to pay for it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back