V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 21, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #316 of 23,366
See, he MUST be joking, using BEATS to mix? Hopefully Deadmau5 will loan him those LP2s 
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #317 of 23,366
Yeah I love them! They know how  to keep it simple but still be really enveloping and there is something really unique about their use of sounds.

Quote:
Sort of a roundabout way of trying to bring this thread back on topic, buuuuuuut--I do hope the M-100 turns out to be just as clean and clear as the M-80, with some juicy sub-bass capabilities. Not over-enhanced, mind you, but I sorta expect a bigger driver will be able to really clearly access that part of the musical spectrum.

@Gilly87 --I'm really enjoying that Distance you pointed me to. I bought two of his full albums and one EP yesterday, and played them all on repeat at least twice. Good for zoning in to do some long homework sessions in the basement of the library :) Definitely head-nodding, mind-unwinding sorta tunes.

I'll check out KillTheNoize's recommendations soon.

Word.

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #318 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah I love them! They know how  to keep it simple but still be really enveloping and there is something really unique about their use of sounds.

I will definately check out DIstance. To me Pendulum is one of my favourites, i could listen to the entire Watercolour album forever.

I do agree, and to be frank i think if skrillex gets a decent set of cans maybe the amount of subbass and soundstage in his songs will increase. As for the layering etc, i do agree it needs balance, but its simply not skrillex's style if you listen to most of his songs. I Have a flac (or mp3 320, cant remember) of Skrillex's Cinema remix, and its good, i wont lie. The nero - Promises Remix  by skrillex is also worth noting.

I enjoyed the chat but i do think we have derailed, sorry Val!

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #319 of 23,366
LATEST NEWS.  We experimented with several models today.  Two used a special 50mm driver and one had a 40mm driver.  The 40mm sounded VERY much like a HD25... but I greenlighted to go with the 50mm for now and try one more round of the 40mm without as high of highs that will be done on monday.  It sounded quite bright for the sound signature, demographics, volume level and long term listening V-MODA is aiming for with M-series.  

I think the 50mm we ended up with is quite amazing, its crystal clear, has sub-bass and extends very high.  3/4 of us voted for the 50mm sound signature, it is also unique and non-fatiguing!  Almost there...  

PS - I'll have the other prototypes at the LA meet that will hopefully take place in March.  I think some people may prefer too depending on tastes, but obviously I have to draw the line (or is it a CURVE) somewhere!

Ciao!

-v

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #321 of 23,366
From the sound of things, I think I might have to start saving $ for the M100.
Wonder what the missus will say of that..

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #322 of 23,366
From the sound of things, I think I might have to start saving $ for the M100.
Wonder what the missus will say of that..

Bro getting from amazon too? Or you Flying there? O.o amplifier needed if in not wrong

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #323 of 23,366

Quote:
Bro getting from amazon too? Or you Flying there? O.o amplifier needed if in not wrong

Amazon will be the first to carry it as of now besides V-MODA.com.   It also has a "trick" I haven't shown yet to the public.

BTW here is skrillex and his custom V-MODA the night before he won his grammy!!!  he has a phantom chrome too, last summer we got **** together for wearing pants to pool party in Vegas and he was wearing the exo-case on his belt!

-V

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #325 of 23,366

^^ +1 (000,000,000)

Quote:
Thanks for the updates Val! I'm glad you decided to go with the 50 mm driver and I can't tell you how much I am anticipating the M-100. Looks to be very promising.

M-100 money = set aside. E17 = pre-ordered. New music = downloading. Thumbs = twiddling in anticipation.

This "trick" you speak of, Val. It has built-in teleportation capabilities, doesn't it? It can take you from club to club instantaneously, huh? I knew it! And you heard it here first :)

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #326 of 23,366

Quote:
LATEST NEWS.  We experimented with several models today.  Two used a special 50mm driver and one had a 40mm driver.  The 40mm sounded VERY much like a HD25... but I greenlighted to go with the 50mm for now and try one more round of the 40mm without as high of highs that will be done on monday.  It sounded quite bright for the sound signature, demographics, volume level and long term listening V-MODA is aiming for with M-series.  

I think the 50mm we ended up with is quite amazing, its crystal clear, has sub-bass and extends very high.  3/4 of us voted for the 50mm sound signature, it is also unique and non-fatiguing!  Almost there...  

PS - I'll have the other prototypes at the LA meet that will hopefully take place in March.  I think some people may prefer too depending on tastes, but obviously I have to draw the line (or is it a CURVE) somewhere!

Ciao!

-v

Excellent! I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. I already have two full-sized cans with bright highs, so I def wouldn't mind having one with slightly darker highs as long as it's more sparkly than the M80.
Now I'm really interested in the color selection. I really hope you're sticking to what you had mentioned before w/color selection. 

It's all just a waiting game for me..

Quote:
^^ +1 (000,000,000)

M-100 money = set aside. E17 = pre-ordered. New music = downloading. Thumbs = twiddling in anticipation.

This "trick" you speak of, Val. It has built-in teleportation capabilities, doesn't it? It can take you from club to club instantaneously, huh? I knew it! And you heard it here first :)

I will be running the same setup. M-100+E17. I think it'll be a beautiful pairing.

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #327 of 23,366
So it will have slightly more bass than the M-80, more forward mids, and less rolled off treble compared to the M-80 (but more rolled off than a ....?)

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #328 of 23,366

Quote:

Depends on when it will be released and if I'm lucky I'll get it sent to a friend to bring back.
Else amazon or V-MODA directly.
By the way did you get Amazon to ship direct? Or did you use a 3rd party shipper like Comgateway. I'm unsure which shipping method is cheaper.
Also worried that if M-100 costs USD300 and we add in the shipping, it will go past the SGD400 limit we have for tax relief.

As for the amp, I'm still thinking of either a E17 or E9 with E7/E17. 
This hobby is starting to get expensive.

P.S  And I've yet to receive my M-80 yet I'm already talking about the M-100  \("o")/

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #329 of 23,366
Yikes...still holding out for the smaller driver, I just bought a pair of ASG-1 and those will probably be preferable to lugging around more metal boxes and wires in my pockets...if it DOES require an amp, I just hope it doesn't cost as much; no way I'm shelling out $300 for the phones AND probably another $50-$100 for a decent portable amp...

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #330 of 23,366
@Val, just curious, do you think the 50mm drivers deliver better SQ and bass than the M80, when both are powered by an iPhone alone?

Good to see that Skrillex has some decent phones now :)

Amazon will be the first to carry it as of now besides V-MODA.com.   It also has a "trick" I haven't shown yet to the public.

BTW here is skrillex and his custom V-MODA the night before he won his grammy!!!  he has a phantom chrome too, last summer we got **** together for wearing pants to pool party in Vegas and he was wearing the exo-case on his belt!

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back