V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #286 of 23,366

Quote:
Ok guys, I'm flying to Asia to finish the M-100 and launch V-MODA in China, I DJ in Beijing!  I won't come home til its done, so wish me luck and I'll appreciate lots of feedback here over the coming weeks.  

I'm going to try a lot of final things based off the input here as well as the audiophile, consumer and musician shows lately, thanks everybody!

Stay tuned, literally.

Good luck, and we'll stay tuned! I'm first in line for the M-100. I have faith in you. My M-80's blow my friends away when they put em on for a listen. They're mostly mainstream casual listeners, and the response is always, "Oh, you have REAL headphones!". . . and I'm like, "Yup."

Here's a bit of a new twist on my end: I heard some dubstep about a year and a half ago, but didn't really think much of it. I love my old trance albums from the late 90's- early 2000's like TranceGlobalNation and the Trance Nation series. I kinda think dubstep perfectly reflects the attention deficit disorder of the younger generation (I'm 32, and still consider myself pretty young---I'm talking about the teens, tweens, and young twenty-somethings). But after seeing Skrillex win 3 Grammys, I came back to dupstep and EDM in general, and I gotta confess that I like some of it, but sometimes I feel that I'm missing some of the eyeball-shaking bass drops in my M-80s. Does that mean I want better extension? Or more sub-bass? I'm a bit new to the terminology. I realize I could go for the LP2s, but I kinda hope that the M-100 fills in the gap between a total basshead can and an audiophile setup. Realistically, I'm willing to bet that the circumaural design and larger driver will take care of my wishes rather nicely :) Just a thought. No offense to the "gotta be balanced " crowd.

Feb 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #287 of 23,366
Well for some distinction, here's a good distinguisher between "subbass" and "midbass."

Subbass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK5-TAcWfOc

Those low rumbles that just get deeper and deeper on the hook are subbass. My girlfriend's generic Phillips stereo system is rolled off below about 80hz and can barely reproduce those notes audibly.

Midbass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MEPPvIxTio

The tight punches throughout the song; most music that has a four-on-the-floor beat is plentiful in midbass.

To really appreciate dubstep, you need plentiful subbassl Dubstep with just midbass is going to sound really lame and boring; dubstep with lots of subbass is going to make you feel like you are swimming in bass :) There is lots of midbass in dubstep, probably more midbass than subbass because that's just how you make at beat, really, but a lot of the finesse and interesting textures that dubstep DJs produce that can actually make dubstep sound interesting to those of us who know what real electronic music is about :p is heavily dependent on subbass, IME.

Feb 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #288 of 23,366
Well Val.... In Singapore here the audiophile or community that truly appreciates good headphone is almost non-existent, and v-moda are extremely rare in Singapore, in fact I've have not seen any v-moda in Singapore, so I plan to be the first one by getting of amazon :D the trend here now is fake beats -.-"

Feb 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #289 of 23,366

Quote:
Well for some distinction, here's a good distinguisher between "subbass" and "midbass."

Thanks! I think I should make an addendum to my earlier post in light of Gilly87's youtube links, to wit, the fact that I now realize my M-80s are not deficient in any way concerning bass, and that I need better music by which to experience the full range of the M-80s capabilities! Here's hoping the M-100s will be a just as poignant and full circumaural :)

Feb 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #290 of 23,366
Quick few things that I would like to see...
1.Better ergonomics.  (my ears would kill me after 30 minutes due to my dumbo ears.  Enlarging the ear cushions and spacing them away a bit from the can itself would be great!)
2.Sound.  (Remove the plastic-y sound of the LP's and balance the sound a bit.)
3.Price.  (I paid $100.00 for my LP's and I was pleased, but in order to get these, I would advise to try to keep it in the $150-175 range.)

I know it is a bit late for these suggestions but I am hoping that we will see improvements that are something along the lines of these issues...

Hoping for the best!
Cheers!

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #291 of 23,366

Quote:

Good luck, and we'll stay tuned! I'm first in line for the M-100. I have faith in you. My M-80's blow my friends away when they put em on for a listen. They're mostly mainstream casual listeners, and the response is always, "Oh, you have REAL headphones!". . . and I'm like, "Yup."

Here's a bit of a new twist on my end: I heard some dubstep about a year and a half ago, but didn't really think much of it. I love my old trance albums from the late 90's- early 2000's like TranceGlobalNation and the Trance Nation series. I kinda think dubstep perfectly reflects the attention deficit disorder of the younger generation (I'm 32, and still consider myself pretty young---I'm talking about the teens, tweens, and young twenty-somethings). But after seeing Skrillex win 3 Grammys, I came back to dupstep and EDM in general, and I gotta confess that I like some of it, but sometimes I feel that I'm missing some of the eyeball-shaking bass drops in my M-80s. Does that mean I want better extension? Or more sub-bass? I'm a bit new to the terminology. I realize I could go for the LP2s, but I kinda hope that the M-100 fills in the gap between a total basshead can and an audiophile setup. Realistically, I'm willing to bet that the circumaural design and larger driver will take care of my wishes rather nicely :) Just a thought. No offense to the "gotta be balanced " crowd.

Most US Brostep as it has been named, contains minimal sub-bass.  

Check out some actual dubstep producers, you may like it.  

-Kryptic Minds
-Biome
-Phaeleh
-Cyrus
-Truth

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #292 of 23,366

Quote:
Well Val.... In Singapore here the audiophile or community that truly appreciates good headphone is almost non-existent, and v-moda are extremely rare in Singapore, in fact I've have not seen any v-moda in Singapore, so I plan to be the first one by getting of amazon
biggrin.gif
the trend here now is fake beats -.-"

Well, I'm hoping to beat you on that as my friend is bringing back my M80 from the US :p. ETA date 24th Feb.

Vmoda was available previously in stores like Epicentre and Stereo but they have been off the shelves ever since last year.
Funny as Epi is still listed in the Vmoda website as 1 of the places we can get the headphones.
The main distributor stated on the site is Distexpress but that is 1 company I hope Val will re-evaluate. I have sent emails but no response at all and there is totally no contact number to call them. With distributors like this, it's going to be hard selling the products.

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #293 of 23,366

Quote:
Well, I'm hoping to beat you on that as my friend is bringing back my M80 from the US :p. ETA date 24th Feb.

I have sent emails but no response at all and there is totally no contact number to call them. With distributors like this, it's going to be hard selling the products.

What country do you reside?  I'm travelling to Asia tonight and we are working with our distributors.  Another issue is that we are out of stock of lots of products, so some countries are not aligned yet.

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #295 of 23,366
Val,

I'm from Singapore.
There was no one I could find who was carrying your items so I'm just relying on the forums here to justify my purchase of M80.
Lucky for me, my friend was in CA the last week and I managed to send the M80 to him and get him to bring back for me.

Any demo sets will greatly help in the sales of your products. There are just way too many Beats and stock earphones but not enough V-MODA.

P.S if you are stopping over in Singapore or on transit, I would love to take a look at the M100 :p

Feb 20, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #296 of 23,366
Val,

I'm from Singapore.
There was no one I could find who was carrying your items so I'm just relying on the forums here to justify my purchase of M80.
Lucky for me, my friend was in CA the last week and I managed to send the M80 to him and get him to bring back for me.

Any demo sets will greatly help in the sales of your products. There are just way too many Beats and stock earphones but not enough V-MODA.

P.S if you are stopping over in Singapore or on transit, I would love to take a look at the M100 :p

I got 5/7 of my headphones from amazon.... Their delivery is fast and cheap! So I'm waiting for the M-100 to be on amazon before getting them :D and stereo totally overprice stuff so I don't like getting stuff from there

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #297 of 23,366
Hey! Just got my M-80s in Taiwan a few weeks ago! Loving them! Wish Val could have visited Taiwan during the Asia trip, would love to have met the man behind all this!

Is there going to distributors selling V-Moda products to Taiwan soon? I've found a few private stores that carry the LP but asides from that, V-Moda's basically unheard of in Taiwan as well, and I've never seen anyone with it nor have I met anyone whose actually heard of V-moda...which is rly a shame =\

Feb 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #298 of 23,366
I do hope that m80 (or m100 in the near future) becomes available here in our country Philippines. I've been seeing a lot of lps and crossfades from apple stores so I'm guessing it can be possible. I'd be happy to recommend this to my friends. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back