V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 6, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #23,146 of 23,366
I see, I wasn't familiar with all of Audeze's line-up, sorry about that. No worries, of the headphones I have, the M-100 and CF2W are the superior portable headphones as far as features and durability go without sacrificing much in audio quality. The differences I note are very subtle differences easily lost in background noise.

Mar 7, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #23,147 of 23,366
I recently received this in the mail from Amazon. $43 for a 4.9 ft length. There is also a 9 foot version available. It is a balanced cable for V-Moda headphones and I've been using with with GO2A equipment:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076HK1SLX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cable.jpg

Apr 15, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #23,148 of 23,366
My XS headband is starting to peel. Any ideas on what I could do for replacement?

Apr 17, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #23,150 of 23,366
What pads should I get these to make them more comfortable? Official xl or something else?

Apr 20, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #23,152 of 23,366
Apr 24, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #23,154 of 23,366
Long time no see, fellow M-100'ers.

Earlier this month I went on a two-week trip back to my old hometown in the U.S., and was disappointed to see that none of the stores carried any V-Moda products anymore. During my previous trip last June, by contrast, I saw at least a couple of stores that still had V-Moda headphones.

Now, most of the stores only carry Beats, Sony, JBL, and Bose, and some also have Sennheiser and B&O.

When I asked the clerks if they had any V-Modas, at least one reply I got was, "Not anymore."

Really, really sad. :disappointed:

Anyway, in case you missed it, a month ago I posted a new topic thread for the latest Version 5.0 of my illustrious EQ presets on my Rockboxed iPod Classic, designed specifically for the M-100. With a Cayin C5 portable amp to go with it, these presets will make a pair of M-100s sound like a big car stereo while sounding crisp, clear, and detailed at the same time when choosing a suitable preset for the song that's playing. There's two sets: one with 611 EQ presets, and the other with 606. With all the bass boosts and everything combined in my portable headphone system, these can boost 40 Hz by up to 62 dB (and possibly more).

You can view the new thread at this link.

I also posted a short new 4-minute video on Vimeo last month, announcing this latest version and showing some of the updated screen menus on my iPod:

(On the Vimeo page, click the tab under the video that says, "Read more," to view all the web links, etc. These links should be clickable.)

There's also my original 43-minute video, detailing my EQ presets and portable headphone system:

This video was made in June 2016 and showcases a previous version: Version 4.0.

Anyway, I had a great time on my previous visit to the U.S. last year (in June 2017) while attending Head-Fi's New York Spring Meetup. (Click here for photos of the event, and of the table where I showed off the dual-listening setup of my portable headphone system with Version 4.1.)

Everyone who had a chance to hear it was really impressed -- including Jude Mansilla!

Oh well, have fun,...even if the stores don't carry V-Moda headphones anymore. :neutral_face:

Apr 30, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #23,155 of 23,366
How do I remove that bit of plastic that covers the cable output on the second cup. I have a new cable and want to use it!

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #23,158 of 23,366
Thanks. Do you have to turn them in a certain direction first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back