V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 5, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #22,831 of 23,366
  Tried to remove the stock pads to replace with XL - and guess what..
They're glued as well ))))))
Lucky me.

Anyone ever dealt with Demo-items? Maybe friendly advice, which other surprises I should expect?

Where was the demo unit from? I remember my local Brookstone was selling a demo unit, and it looked like people were testing V-MODA's durability claims as the headband was in abysmal condition. I'm not sure if it's supposed to, but they did say it came with the full two-year warranty though, so that may be the case here too.

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #22,834 of 23,366
  Tried to remove the stock pads to replace with XL - and guess what..
They're glued as well ))))))
Lucky me.

Anyone ever dealt with Demo-items? Maybe friendly advice, which other surprises I should expect?

I really doubt they glued the pads.  Are you sure?  They can require a TON of force to get them off in the first place.  

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #22,835 of 23,366

I really doubt they glued the pads.  Are you sure?  They can require a TON of force to get them off in the first place.  

Yeah, this. Don't be afraid that you'll break it. Look up videos on YouTube. You're going to need some strength to pull it off.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #22,837 of 23,366
For Demo V-MODAs, everything is glued down. The plug on the other ear cup, glued. The plug is also glued in. The pads are glued in. I am not sure about the shields, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were too :p

I'm not sure how the seller got those, they were probably lifted from a store honestly. You can tell that because the seller didn't sell the box or the case that comes with it. And I can assure you, having put those out onto display myself, they do come with both of those things...

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #22,838 of 23,366
  For Demo V-MODAs, everything is glued down. The plug on the other ear cup, glued. The plug is also glued in. The pads are glued in. I am not sure about the shields, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were too :p

I'm not sure how the seller got those, they were probably lifted from a store honestly. You can tell that because the seller didn't sell the box or the case that comes with it. And I can assure you, having put those out onto display myself, they do come with both of those things...

Thanks!
My main concern now is if it is technically the same as "market" version (sound tuning, dynamics, etc.)

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #22,839 of 23,366
  Thanks!
My main concern now is if it is technically the same as "market" version (sound tuning, dynamics, etc.)

Hmm, that'd be interesting. Like how TVs are preset with the brightest, most vivid pictures for store demo models.

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #22,840 of 23,366

Hmm, that'd be interesting. Like how TVs are preset with the brightest, most vivid pictures for store demo models.

For TV's, I think it is slightly different.
Since TV-shops have some enormous lighting.
So TV screen's brightness should be pushed to its limits, otherwise it would seem bleak.
BTW they say this is why plasma screens lost battle to LED, with lower peak brightness they looked less impressive on the shelf
(I am a plasma-lover myself)

But at home, at normal or dim lightning conditions, you would not like overbrighted settings in most cases.

With headphone, in theory they could provide the "better-sounding" version as demo-unit, to promote sales.
But I highly doubt it. Hopefully it is not inferior... for whatever reason.

Maybe someone had an experience of comparing demo-unit and "normal" unit?

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #22,841 of 23,366
  Thanks!

They are exactly the same in tuning and sound dynamics. At least to my ears. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #22,842 of 23,366
  For TV's, I think it is slightly different.
Since TV-shops have some enormous lighting.
So TV screen's brightness should be pushed to its limits, otherwise it would seem bleak.
BTW they say this is why plasma screens lost battle to LED, with lower peak brightness they looked less impressive on the shelf
(I am a plasma-lover myself)

But at home, at normal or dim lightning conditions, you would not like overbrighted settings in most cases.

With headphone, in theory they could provide the "better-sounding" version as demo-unit, to promote sales.
But I highly doubt it. Hopefully it is not inferior... for whatever reason.

Maybe someone had an experience of comparing demo-unit and "normal" unit?

I also prefer plasmas, the picture is more natural and contrast is almost perfect.

They've gone the way of the dinosaur, but OLED looks very promising as its replacement. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #22,843 of 23,366
Hey guys, I have the V-MODA M-100 but Im considering returning it as its uncomfortable even with the XL pads...

Im considering to buy Philips X2 or HE400s. Any other recommandation for M-100 alternatives within the 300$ price range?

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #22,844 of 23,366
  Hey guys, I have the V-MODA M-100 but Im considering returning it as its uncomfortable even with the XL pads...

Im considering to buy Philips X2 or HE400s. Any other recommandation for M-100 alternatives within the 300$ price range?

The Nighthawks were on sale for $350, but I'm not sure if they still are. Regardless, theyare awesome headphones (and incredibly comfortable).

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #22,845 of 23,366

Well, i never heard the he-400s but its praised out there, X2 didn't impress me enough, while its a good all arounder and also praised but i felt nothing is standing out, i liked denon d600 more but it is a bit sibilant for me, if you can try it out give it a shot .. there are also the legendary hd600 and hd650 but they need good amplification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back