V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 28, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #22,801 of 23,366
  I think my M-100's are on their way out. With certain songs, the right cup goes out and only comes back on if I replug in the headphones. Seems they only last two years if used every day? My og pair's right cup died a little before the 2 year mark so I was able to get it repaired under warranty. This repaired one is almost two years old as well. Unfortunately I'm broke at the moment to get a new pair so I have to go back to my skullcandies ;_; lol

BS aside... My left cup jack just went out... Not even 2 months in... I just filled out the warranty form, and im expected to pay for shipping and wait up to 3 weeks for a repair? That is some ****ty customer service im probably just going to return these for a refund. Which sucks cause they sound so good, but that is just ridiculous.

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #22,802 of 23,366

Well, did you try cleaning both plugs on the side of the cable, or even using another cable may be this one went bad ?

also other options you can use vmodas six star service, if still under warranty they can fix it for you, if out of warranty they can fix it for free if it is a mechanical issue or even if not they can offer you 50% discount for a new one under the immortal life program ..

come on sort it out ! :D

Yep I have, still does it. It is out of warranty (bought it 4 years ago, been already repaired once). Huh, I didnt know that they still did mechanical repairs for free even if out of warranty, maybe ill do that. Thanks for the info!

BS aside... My left cup jack just went out... Not even 2 months in... I just filled out the warranty form, and im expected to pay for shipping and wait up to 3 weeks for a repair? That is some ****ty customer service im probably just going to return these for a refund. Which sucks cause they sound so good, but that is just ridiculous.

Yea, I dont like that you have to pay for shipping. The turnaround time for repair is usually just under a week though. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #22,803 of 23,366
Yep I have, still does it. It is out of warranty (bought it 4 years ago, been already repaired once). Huh, I didnt know that they still did mechanical repairs for free even if out of warranty, maybe ill do that. Thanks for the info!

Well, to be precise about it, i had no personal experience regarding this matter, but they do state it under the faq on their website with an address to send cans to.

so, contact them about it.

Oct 9, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #22,804 of 23,366
Has it been confirmed if M-100 and other V-moda headphones (cheaper ones)  share the same universal headband?
Headband on mine cracked obviously (can feel it inside the padding, some piece has shifted and is pushing against the head when wearing them, making it really uncomfortable). Maybe I can replace it with headband of a cheaper model, they look pretty similar on photos.
Don't mention warranty, as mine were traded and custom-upgraded (which probably nullifies warranty).

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #22,805 of 23,366
Seems like i am having the same issue as others. The durability of the headphones seems to be not that great in the long run for some things.

After a bit more than 2 years use:

* The headbands "leather" is almost completely gon
* The "wings" above the shields are broken (and for some ******* reason, can't be replaced ><)
* Right earcup only turns on with some moving of the whole thing. Changing wires/devices or cleaning the ports does nothing. :frowning2:

Nov 1, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #22,806 of 23,366
Any ideas if those are getting an update at some point? Mine are 3 years and a half old, I go to the gym with them, they survived rain and snow perfectly so far but they're getting pretty rough looking.

I don't want to buy a new pair if they're gonna update them in like 6 months.

Nov 2, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #22,808 of 23,366
For me, just a bit shaved from the upper bass would really improve the m100. Spoken voice tends to 'boom' and so, sound a little 'thick', but a slight lowering of that hump would really improve them as far as I'm concerned.

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #22,810 of 23,366
Could I have the opinion of someone who has used/own both the M-100 and the Crossfade Wireless?

I was set on buying one of these earlier this year and eventually ended up with the CFW after allot of back and forth. The main reason was because I was set on soon upgrading my phone and with the rumors of Apple cutting the jack swirling around I thought having the wireless functionally would come in handy. Fast forward about 6 months and I find myself using them in passive mode like maybe 95% of the time. They sound better(duh) and although Apple did cut the jack on the new iPhone I don't find it troublesome to use the dongle at all(whenever I use them on the go).

So, to my question.

Should I trade the CFW in favor of the M-100? When I find myself not really using the one feature CFW have over the M-100 I sorta feel like I'm missing out on something. I'm not really sure what I mean by this but it feels like I accepted some sort of compromise when picking the CFW over the M-100. I would think by filling one ear cup with a battery and the other one with a bunch of electronics there have to be some trade-offs, right..? I could buy a pair of M-100's as well but I feel like that money would be better off spent on something like an AMP for my home setup. 

It might just be my way of thinking but I'd like some opinions on the matter. CFW vs M-100, pros and cons? =]

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #22,811 of 23,366
  Could I have the opinion of someone who has used/own both the M-100 and the Crossfade Wireless?

I was set on buying one of these earlier this year and eventually ended up with the CFW after allot of back and forth. The main reason was because I was set on soon upgrading my phone and with the rumors of Apple cutting the jack swirling around I thought having the wireless functionally would come in handy. Fast forward about 6 months and I find myself using them in passive mode like maybe 95% of the time. They sound better(duh) and although Apple did cut the jack on the new iPhone I don't find it troublesome to use the dongle at all(whenever I use them on the go).

So, to my question.

Should I trade the CFW in favor of the M-100? When I find myself not really using the one feature CFW have over the M-100 I sorta feel like I'm missing out on something. I'm not really sure what I mean by this but it feels like I accepted some sort of compromise when picking the CFW over the M-100. I would think by filling one ear cup with a battery and the other one with a bunch of electronics there have to be some trade-offs, right..? I could buy a pair of M-100's as well but I feel like that money would be better off spent on something like an AMP for my home setup. 

It might just be my way of thinking but I'd like some opinions on the matter. CFW vs M-100, pros and cons? =]

The CFW is a better sounding (only slightly) M100 when in wired mode.  So even if you don't use Bluetooth, you still have a better headphone.  now, the one compromise you did make was portability as you lose the folding hinges.  That's literally all that's better about the M100.  So no, you didn't make a bad decision.  Virtually identical sound wise when wired.  So unless you need the folding hinges, stick w/ your CFW.

Nov 19, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #22,812 of 23,366
Just wanted to chime in and say that the M100 headband is really bad! It does not age well at all!
It is now flaky and stains my collar when it rests on my neck.
A tap on the headband and it sheds!

The music though....awesome!
I am not sure I will be buying another V-Moda after this though.
I have raised a support request...Lets see.

Nov 19, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #22,813 of 23,366
Just wanted to chime in and say that the M100 headband is really bad! It does not age well at all!
It is now flaky and stains my collar when it rests on my neck.
A tap on the headband and it sheds!

The music though....awesome!
I am not sure I will be buying another V-Moda after this though.
I have raised a support request...Lets see.

Have long have you had yours? I use a leather conditioner on all my headphones that leave the house. No issues with my M100 or Momentum

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #22,814 of 23,366
Congratulations, V-MODA gang! Sound Guys awarded the M-100 the best wired headphone in their best headphones of 2016 roundup. 

http://www.soundguys.com/best-headphones-2559/

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #22,815 of 23,366
Have long have you had yours? I use a leather conditioner on all my headphones that leave the house. No issues with my M100 or Momentum

Just over a year. My set never left home. 
The support guys came back and said that the best they could do is offer me 50% off a new set.
Does not make sense in me investing in another pair of V-Modas unfortunately. 

Will try out a bluetooth headset such as MDR-1000x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back