V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 25, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #22,531 of 23,366
Has anyone tried any mods with the port? I was going to go through this but 14,000 posts seems a bit overwhelming.. I have the XL pads already and Love them.. Just wondering if any other mods anyone came up with... 

Also anyone know if the different plates create different sound i.e. the Fiber plates? 

Apr 25, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #22,532 of 23,366

Also anyone know if the different plates create different sound i.e. the Fiber plates? 

I have the XS and switched from the stock aluminum to the fiber shields. And I was trying to take note of any difference, to the point where I even had one side with the metal shield and the other side with the fiber shield. No difference. They physically aren't interacting in any way (take yours off and see what I mean), and the mass is negligible. You'd see a bigger difference if you messed with the 'vents' on them though (regardless of material).

May 4, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #22,534 of 23,366
The xl pads make a huge difference in comfort, but they still don't fit well for me. I wish they would swivel. That would make a world of difference for me. Maybe I just have a weird shaped head.
I also have comfort issues with these despite how much I enjoy how they sound no matter how I adjust them more than an hour and they become excruciating to wear, my right ear is slightly higher and sticks out a little more and bears the brunt of the pressure even with the xl pads and that's with a small head and small ears

May 4, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #22,535 of 23,366
I also have comfort issues with these despite how much I enjoy how they sound no matter how I adjust them more than an hour and they become excruciating to wear, my right ear is slightly higher and sticks out a little more and bears the brunt of the pressure even with the xl pads and that's with a small head and small ears

Huh. I found them to be a little bit uncomfy after a while with the stock pads (and paper towel mod). I recently switched to the XL pads though, and I find them to be quite comfortable (even though they are a bit heavy side).

Anyway, spare yourself some pain and don't try the Mikros 90's or Beyer DT1350's (even though they both sound fantastic).

May 5, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #22,536 of 23,366
Huh. I found them to be a little bit uncomfy after a while with the stock pads (and paper towel mod). I recently switched to the XL pads though, and I find them to be quite comfortable (even though they are a bit heavy side).

Anyway, spare yourself some pain and don't try the Mikros 90's or Beyer DT1350's (even though they both sound fantastic).
Yeah have pretty much avoided the heavy cans, switched to beyerdynamic Dt990 pro and t51p for long term listening,although weight is an issue with me the biggest problem is size of the headband on it's smallest setting the vmoda is slightly too big and that's what really causes the pressure, I put a piece of foam on the underside and that helps but not enough need to find thicker foam, I guess women with small heads just weren't in the design considerations

May 5, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #22,537 of 23,366
Yeah have pretty much avoided the heavy cans, switched to beyerdynamic Dt990 pro and t51p for long term listening,although weight is an issue with me the biggest problem is size of the headband on it's smallest setting the vmoda is slightly too big and that's what really causes the pressure, I put a piece of foam on the underside and that helps but not enough need to find thicker foam, I guess women with small heads just weren't in the design considerations

I understand everyone's head is different.. I just am personally blown away any adult would have that problem with these.. With the smallest settings my 6 year old girl can wear these headphones for an hour without any complaints (I don't let her use her tablet for more than an hour per day). These are not for her but as I sat on hers last weekend I felt I would let her use my m-100's until I replaced hers. But they fit her 6 year old head just fine on the smallest setting and she doesn't have a large head. (With XL pads)

Im not trying to be rude or make fun.. its just making me shrug.

May 5, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #22,539 of 23,366
I understand everyone's head is different.. I just am personally blown away any adult would have that problem with these.. With the smallest settings my 6 year old girl can wear these headphones for an hour without any complaints (I don't let her use her tablet for more than an hour per day). These are not for her but as I sat on hers last weekend I felt I would let her use my m-100's until I replaced hers. But they fit her 6 year old head just fine on the smallest setting and she doesn't have a large head. (With XL pads)

Im not trying to be rude or make fun.. its just making me shrug.
no offence taken I think it's pretty funny a 6 year-old has a bigger head than me, but you'd understand if you saw me,I am a very small person barely 5ft tall.when I was your daughters age one of my favourite things was when my dad would sit me next to his stereo and put the headphones on me they were huge and he would wrap a towel round the headband so they wouldn't fall off

May 12, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #22,540 of 23,366
Ok, so the weight of these is taking its toll. I have a 3" wide indent on the top of my head where my headphones sit (i mean i havent had them on in 2 days and its still there).. I suppose an option is to use them less, but then what did I buy them for? Heh, anywho.. Has anyone found a decent way to mod the headband a bit to apply extra padding? I game and listen to music with them, which is why I use them several hours a day. 

I tried looking and found the pleather (knock off) beyerdynamic button on. Or the croche/yarn made ones you can get around the same price.   Has anyone tried these successfully? Or attempted any other mods that dont change the band aesthetic? I wear them in public and love the suede look on my Shadow's band..?

May 12, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #22,541 of 23,366
Ok, so the weight of these is taking its toll. I have a 3" wide indent on the top of my head where my headphones sit (i mean i havent had them on in 2 days and its still there).. I suppose an option is to use them less, but then what did I buy them for? Heh, anywho.. Has anyone found a decent way to mod the headband a bit to apply extra padding? I game and listen to music with them, which is why I use them several hours a day. 

I tried looking and found the pleather (knock off) beyerdynamic button on. Or the croche/yarn made ones you can get around the same price.   Has anyone tried these successfully? Or attempted any other mods that dont change the band aesthetic? I wear them in public and love the suede look on my Shadow's band..?
I put sealant foam strips on the underside of mine the kind you put round doors and windows to keep draughts out it's really soft and helps greatly to the comfort, you can find it on Amazon and it's pretty cheap, it does have adhesive on one side but it's fairly rubbish so I put a bit of fabric glue on it,and you can't really see it when it's on your head

May 12, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #22,542 of 23,366
I put sealant foam strips on the underside of mine the kind you put round doors and windows to keep draughts out it's really soft and helps greatly to the comfort, you can find it on Amazon and it's pretty cheap, it does have adhesive on one side but it's fairly rubbish so I put a bit of fabric glue on it,and you can't really see it when it's on your head

GENIUSSSS I have like 4 rolls of this just sitting there from this past winter. You have just made my day! :)

May 13, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #22,544 of 23,366

This has worked. The kind I have is the thinnest strips.. I just put 2 down next to eachother about 3" long (just to cover the top of head area where the padding goes lower) and its a game changer. I am much happier with the comfort. I had to adjust the band by 1 notch on each side which made them a bit tight again, but a few weeks and they'll be back to normal.

I wonder if its worth looking into pitching a product for this type of thing.. just maybe make the foam end have a fabric on it so it is not just... foam. 

Anyone have thoughts on if this could be a good idea for the headphone market as a whole?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back