V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 7, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #22,428 of 23,366
After using the LP2s for three days, I have decided to return them and get the M100. I enjoyed the bass, but everything else was underwhelming, I am hoping the M100s are a bit more suited towards my tastes. I hope the highs are a bit better, if not then its time to learn how to EQ. After my initial impressions with the LP2s, I was wondering if anyone has made custom velour pads for the M100s? I have the XL pads but still finding myself enjoying the velour pads on my Senn HD 439s lol.

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #22,429 of 23,366
  After using the LP2s for three days, I have decided to return them and get the M100. I enjoyed the bass, but everything else was underwhelming, I am hoping the M100s are a bit more suited towards my tastes. I hope the highs are a bit better, if not then its time to learn how to EQ. After my initial impressions with the LP2s, I was wondering if anyone has made custom velour pads for the M100s? I have the XL pads but still finding myself enjoying the velour pads on my Senn HD 439s lol.

Nope.  There are no velour pads for the M100.  They honestly wouldn't be very well suited for a portable headphone anyway, imo, since I'm pretty sure they compromise on isolation, and I'm not sure the M100 wouldn't be quite the bassy headphone if it had velours.

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #22,430 of 23,366
  Nope.  There are no velour pads for the M100.  They honestly wouldn't be very well suited for a portable headphone anyway, imo, since I'm pretty sure they compromise on isolation, and I'm not sure the M100 wouldn't be quite the bassy headphone if it had velours.

True, those pads would get dirty extremely quickly for outside use. I received my M100s today. And I noticed under the shields, the vents are covered by a tape. What are they there for and what happens if I remove them?

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #22,431 of 23,366
Don't mess with that tape is my suggestion. Its not really tape from what I can see. It more of a membrane. I believe it helps the headphone to get air but reduces wind noise and possibly would keep water from getting in.

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #22,433 of 23,366
Both my buddy and I had a strange experience with v-moda retailers. I bought a matte black pair from guitar center. When I got them home I found that the box was already opened and the warranty packet was missing. I went back to Guitar Center to raise hell and found out they sold me a demo pair. They made it right by letting me exchange them for the shadows for no additional cost.

My buddy had the exact same experience from best buy. He bought a matte black set and same thing; box was open and warranty packet missing. These turned out to be a demo pair too. This isn't v-moda's fault, but it would be nice if they'd have a word with their retailers because it feels like something shady is going on with the warranty cards.

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #22,437 of 23,366
My cable is damaged and I'm looking to get a replacement. However, I do not know whether to get the original audio only cable or the Fiio RC-MH1. Also, are there any other choices out there? Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #22,438 of 23,366
  I am trying to take off the wing plates on my m100. I understand this is the m-80 but I see that he got the wing plates off. 

I can't find a screw driver to fit those tiny screws? any help

Oh god tell me about it.

None of that information exists anywhere. I just need to know the size of the micro screw that is used in the hinge and they wouldn't tell me. I should post the exchange with their customer support dude - it's quite hilarious. I didn't want to send my headphones in for a lousy screw - i wouldn't have anything to listen to if I did that. 

But anyway, he wouldn't send me the screw nor would he tell me the size. Can you imagine all that money in shipping costs and just plain old wasted time?

Anyway - there's still one screw left in the hinge so I just used duct tape to hold everything in place - which really sucks because they're brand new. 

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #22,440 of 23,366
  My cable is damaged and I'm looking to get a replacement. However, I do not know whether to get the original audio only cable or the Fiio RC-MH1. Also, are there any other choices out there? Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You got 2 cable aren't you? That's not enough? I suggest you got vmoda but non-attached in line mic (the straight braided one with branch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back