V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 6, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #22,126 of 23,366
To add to what I said earlier; if the future high-end isn't an M100 replacement, you could add magnesium wing plates to future produced M100s, raise the price by $30 or so and they would still be a steal at $300.

It may be a small percentage of occurrences, but I do worry about the future. My 2 year warranty is up feburary 2016. If the issue creeps up again after that, my only choice would be to utilize the immortal life program and still have to spend $135 for a new set of M100s. Not terrible, but not enticing to fix what should be considered a factory defect.

I don't mean for this to come off as derogatory; I love my M100s. But hopefully there's an outcome everyone is satisfied with.
DT770 80 ohm and possibly oppo PM3 on order as I DO NOT want to be without a good set of headphones should another issue occur.

What color are yours?

Matte Black

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #22,127 of 23,366
  It seems you had one of a few isolated instances of over torquing the screws.  We will fix, don't worry!  We implement very calibrated screwdrivers and train the employees to be "master screwers".  First production runs will always have a little few minor issues than 2nd, but so far we have seen <1% defect. In fact, knock on wood, less than expected for wireless in the marketplace.

We will continue to improve always, so send them back we'll do a CAR and make sure it doesn't happen. We'll overnight a new one. 

In a future high-end we are considering magnesium all around... but it costs a lot!

PS - 40% of top 100 DJs now use V-MODA, so we make them durable as possible... they don't have many issues after years of use...3-5 years many times and they are still like working like a charm...

Cheers,

V

val any chance of considering a sort of swivel mechanism on future vmoda products similar to the kef m500s?

it would allow them to self-adjust to the users head (better accommodate to different head shapes), so that there wouldn't be pressure points along the ears or head (which is what I found with the m100s. causing more pressure on the head in front of my ears then the back (cause the head isn't exactly a flat surface), especially since the clamping force of the m100s is a bit on the higher end out of the box, this would certainly help (without changing the original/xl earpads).

also it would allow for 1 ear dj listening/monitoring as well (which I'm sure you know best)

the swivel could be implemented just above the cliqu fold hinge, to ensure that the fold mechanism isn't disrupted.

here is a picture of what I mean

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #22,128 of 23,366
The now legendary V-MODA Revolver is supposed to feature a swivel, hence the name. 

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #22,129 of 23,366
Anyone compared M100s to Shure 1540s and Sony Z7s? I'm wondering which one has the most bass quantity 

Dec 7, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #22,130 of 23,366
  The now legendary V-MODA Revolver is supposed to feature a swivel, hence the name. 

ahhh dammmmm @SpiderNhan why you gotta hype this revolver business up again
tongue.gif

I need a concrete release date! otherwise its just a dream! haha

but its nice to hear from you again my friend! hope all is well with your stand up routine

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #22,131 of 23,366
I'd rather see the Revolver than another update to the M-100, or should I call it the M-180? M-360 even? How about about a clickfold bletooth version called the CFFW (Crossfade Foldable Wireless)?

I would trade in all 3 for a Revolver. Just saying.

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #22,133 of 23,366
It's supposed to be the V-MODA flagship.

Dec 7, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #22,134 of 23,366
Not really sure where to put this question, but as I recently purchased a pair of M100s (which I love), I was wondering what is the criteria for headphones being categorised as  portable" as opposed to "full-size" ?

Dec 7, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #22,135 of 23,366
Not really sure where to put this question, but as I recently purchased a pair of M100s (which I love), I was wondering what is the criteria for headphones being categorised as  portable" as opposed to "full-size" ?

The M100 are a full size portable. I think portability can be described in many ways. The fact that they fold into a nice small footprint, have a durable case you could throw into a bag without worry, easily driven by cellphone or dap alone. They are made to go out and about. They are built like a tank as well. Also think of the sound quality, with their bassy signature it really helps drown outside noise.

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #22,136 of 23,366

Portable means smaller, easier to wear for on the go.  Also, there is the requirement for it to be relatively easy to drive.  Portable headphones tend to not require too much power and generally can be driven straight with a portable music player or phone.  So those are the two requirements to be deemed portable.  They have to be small and compact (as small and compact as they can be for the size).  Like, if I'm wearing a hoodie, I should be able to pull the hood over my head with the headphones one.  Final note is that portables are typically closed back for good isolation when on the go.  

As for the M-100, I would call it a closed-back, full-sized, portable headphone :wink:  

Dec 8, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #22,137 of 23,366

The M100 are a full size portable. I think portability can be described in many ways. The fact that they fold into a nice small footprint, have a durable case you could throw into a bag without worry, easily driven by cellphone or dap alone. They are made to go out and about. They are built like a tank as well. Also think of the sound quality, with their bassy signature it really helps drown outside noise.

Most IEMs will keep out noise and keep noise in much better than the M100. Don't mislead people into thinking these headphones do a good job isolating.

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #22,138 of 23,366
Most IEMs will keep out noise and keep noise in much better than the M100. Don't mislead people into thinking these headphones do a good job isolating.

Did I say the word isolation anywhere? I talked about the bass masking outside noise. Also, read the posters question. He asked what makes a headphone portable as opposed to full size. I addressed his question. So please dont accuse me of misleading anyone.

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #22,139 of 23,366

Did I say the word isolation anywhere? I talked about the bass masking outside noise. Also, read the posters question. He asked what makes a headphone portable as opposed to full size. I addressed his question. So please dont accuse me of misleading anyone.

Bass doesn't exactly obscure outside. Mids actually do a better job at that.
Unless you're talking about just lower sounds as outside noise.
Either way, any headphone can 'obscure outside noise' if played loud enough, so isolation is kind of a better element to be using for this situation.

Dec 8, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #22,140 of 23,366
I got my replacement set of M100s yesterday. No cracks or anything like that.
I switched my shields and put them right into service.

I can without a doubt say now, that there's is no burn in required for M100s. I said this earlier in the thread when I had 2 pairs as well, but now can confirm completely. My old pair had hundreds, if not thousands of hours of use (6+ hours a day for the past 22 months), and the replacement M100s sound exactly the same out of the box. Or if there is any difference, it's so small I can't tell.

Hopefully this pair lasts a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back