V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 20, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #21,511 of 23,366
IIRC, @miceblue
 dissected his M-100 and posted pictures in this thread, although I can't locate the pictures now and I haven't seen him on here in a while.

Heeey SpiderNhan! I've been around Head-Fi, but I haven't been catching up with this thread for a while.

Yes, underneath the earpads is the plastic chrome-coloured (at least for the Pearl White colour) driver cover. The driver cover is attached to a plastic plate (which has the chrome paint on the outside of the earcup) and that's held together to the M-100's earcups with Phillips screws. Just unscrew those and you should be able to take that plastic plate off. Be careful though since the drivers attached on the back of that plate are attached to the exterior headband cables via the headphone splitter circuit boards.

Taking the earpads off, you see this:

Unscrewing the screws and carefully flipping over the plastic plate, you'll see this:

Here's the headphone splitter circuit, which attaches to the driver as well as the external headband cable:

I don't think the plastic driver cover is easily detachable, so I probably wouldn't try to pry that off.

Mar 28, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #21,512 of 23,366
Hey guys, my one button mic for my m-100's is no longer working.  Sound keeps cutting in and out if the jack is moved/touched at the source. Can anyone recommend a replacement cable (preferable one that works with android phones)?  The return process to vmoda seems too long to not use the headphones and the cost to return will be about as much as getting a new one.
Thanks

Mar 28, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #21,514 of 23,366
  Hey guys, my one button mic for my m-100's is no longer working.  Sound keeps cutting in and out if the jack is moved/touched at the source. Can anyone recommend a replacement cable (preferable one that works with android phones)?  The return process to vmoda seems too long to not use the headphones and the cost to return will be about as much as getting a new one.
Thanks

Why not another V-MODA cable? Also, is your M-100 still under warranty? When I had problems with my cable they just had me cut the cable in half and send them a picture. The new cable was sent to me within 3-4 days.

If you want to go with a cable other than V-MODA, I know the Beats Android cables and Skullcandy cables work.

Mar 29, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #21,515 of 23,366
Hello,

I am listening to M100 since last more than 2 years when m100's were first launched, I can see a crack on left side ear piece, I just want to ask what next, if price is not a concern, then which headphones can I buy which have a similar sound signature like M100 and a little more bass..
beerchug.gif

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #21,518 of 23,366
hey guys im a bit confused whether to get sennheiser momentum wireless or v moda m100
i listen to alot of bass music like edm and dubstep, i need comfortable headphones with good bass and good vocals too, but im not to sure which one of those to get, does anyone have any recomendations?

Mar 29, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #21,519 of 23,366
  hey guys im a bit confused whether to get sennheiser momentum wireless or v moda m100
i listen to alot of bass music like edm and dubstep, i need comfortable headphones with good bass and good vocals too, but im not to sure which one of those to get, does anyone have any recomendations?

Well, looking back, I probably would've gotten some CIEMs, but let's talk about the two headphones you listed.
The Momentums themselves weren't good for their price.  I really wouldn't recommend wireless, because wireless tends to raise the price and lower the SQ.  I really wouldn't recommend them for anybody.
The M100's probably won't be good if you're looking for good vocals.  The mids are a little thin on them compared to headphones with a more flat sound signature.  If you go with the M100s, I'd recommend just ordering the XL pads.  From what I've heard since I got them, the M100s don't seem to sound that special for their price range.  The M100s with the XL pads are a solid buy, though.
Quick note: The M100s play EDM, metal, and dubstep fantastically.  If you love harder genres especially, the M100s are tuned well for them, while they fall flat for things that aren't "active" genres, like liquid EDM, acoustic, softer rock, softer EDM, and stuff like that.
This is my opinion, you may have a different one.

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #21,520 of 23,366
  Well, looking back, I probably would've gotten some CIEMs, but let's talk about the two headphones you listed.
The Momentums themselves weren't good for their price.  I really wouldn't recommend wireless, because wireless tends to raise the price and lower the SQ.  I really wouldn't recommend them for anybody.
The M100's probably won't be good if you're looking for good vocals.  The mids are a little thin on them compared to headphones with a more flat sound signature.  If you go with the M100s, I'd recommend just ordering the XL pads.  From what I've heard since I got them, the M100s don't seem to sound that special for their price range.  The M100s with the XL pads are a solid buy, though.
Quick note: The M100s play EDM, metal, and dubstep fantastically.  If you love harder genres especially, the M100s are tuned well for them, while they fall flat for things that aren't "active" genres, like liquid EDM, acoustic, softer rock, softer EDM, and stuff like that.
This is my opinion, you may have a different one.

do you know if i'm able to purchase the XL earpads in the uk? so far i've only seen them available for america

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #21,521 of 23,366
Originally Posted by Bumblebox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

do you know if i'm able to purchase the XL earpads in the uk? so far i've only seen them available for america

You can probably purchase them through Amazon.  If you purchase them with the headphone, the shipping is free for the pads.

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #21,523 of 23,366
  not on amazon :frowning2:

Amazon generally gives the lowest price for everything new, and imo is the most reliable source for everything.  It's a shame you can't purchase from there.
Unless you have really small ears, I just wouldn't recommend the M100s without the XL pads.  They change the sound slightly, and the comfort gets so much better, though still not incredibly comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back