V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 16, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #21,032 of 23,366
Just bought mine from Lazada for around $215 inc shipping. :)

Sep 16, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #21,033 of 23,366
Recently dropped them multiple times on different surfaces (wood as well as concrete). Either one or both cups came out and now have some dents and scratches, but no cracks. Seems to be an issue not directly related to abuse.

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #21,034 of 23,366
I have at right earcup -_- drop only one time and it not so high drop

Mine never been dropped, still got the cracks, have ask v-moda about this issue? It's kinda sad this happened, had high expectations with these headphones especially with build quality. Actually left ear cup has two cracks, I though it was just like the plastic mould markings I was wrong. :frowning2:

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #21,037 of 23,366
Those cracks looks like they're from overtightening the hex screws on the shields. V-MODA have admitted that some early batches have that problem. Contact them. The warranty will take care of it.

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #21,038 of 23,366
Those cracks looks like they're from overtightening the hex screws on the shields. V-MODA have admitted that some early batches have that problem. Contact them. The warranty will take care of it

Gives me a bit of relief knowing that info, Thanks a lot.

It's weird having these cracks because I never took off the shields and they just been with me for about 4 months. 

Contacted them now as we speak and send some pictures as well, just waiting for their reply.

Will give you guys updates regarding this issue.

Sep 18, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #21,043 of 23,366
Claiming warranty is a pain as well, because I had to send them back to an authorized reseller but they just don't know what to do with it, v-moda really wanted to resolve the issue, it's just the 3rd party reseller which seems at a lost on what to do.

I was under the impression the 6 star service was in effect with authorised resellers as well, guess I was wrong. :frowning2:

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #21,045 of 23,366
I spent a while at ACGears in NYC comparing the M100 to the M80 and later the M80 to the XS and honestly I could BARELY hear a difference beyond the usual change that happens from going from big over-ears to smaller on-ears. 

I don't know if this will help your decision-making at all, but my M100s are the only headphones I own that will never sell unless I need the money for live-saving medicine. They don't sound better than my Pandoras or SE846 by a damn sight, but aside from the fact that they have my design on them, there's just this real "fun" factor to them that I don't want to give up. I will rotate gear all over the place, but the M100s will always be on my shelf. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back