V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 22, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #20,872 of 23,366
If you ever go for open headphones I suspect you'll enjoy the HD 650.

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #20,874 of 23,366
FYI, for anyone that switches out shields often (or even once for that matter) I highly recommend a good quality hex driver (1.5mm); like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/MIP-Moores-Ideal-Products-Thorp-Driver/dp/B0006NAO2U

Totally makes the job so much simpler than using the little allen wrench provided by V-moda. The one in the link above is the one I use and it is made of high quality metal and grips the hex screws well, which helps to prevent stripping. Plus the larger handle makes turning the hex a breeze.

You can find them on ebay and a number of other places.

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #20,875 of 23,366
So the peeling on the headband has become noticeable enough that the liquid leather repairs are starting to make it look gunky. I've now resorted to artists tape and will play around with designs and such. I'm thinking of getting some matte orange tape to match my Verza. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #20,876 of 23,366
I've had a chance with the 100's a couple times in stores. I really like how it sounds with my music and want one but I think it's been out quite a while now.

Is there any chance there will be a M100 successor soon? Something over-ear and not on-ear like XS. 

I can't find any rumors anywhere. 

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #20,877 of 23,366
As Val himself noted the M-100 is not a short-lived model, they intend to keep it for a while. If it suits your needs and you like its sound -- get it. It won't be obsolete tomorrow (and even a successor won't make it any less good).

Overall I think its not a good thing to change models each year, so I welcome V-Modas approach of keeping something that is definitely done right.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #20,879 of 23,366
  As Val himself noted the M-100 is not a short-lived model, they intend to keep it for a while. If it suits your needs and you like its sound -- get it. It won't be obsolete tomorrow (and even a successor won't make it any less good).

Overall I think its not a good thing to change models each year, so I welcome V-Modas approach of keeping something that is definitely done right.

Thanks and I totally agree.

I'm going to dig right in. I've had new models being released a month after a purchase before. It was due to my lack of research at that time so I just wanted to avoid it, but you're right. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back