V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 10, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #20,806 of 23,366

Ordered M100's with this design on brushed metal shields. Just thought I'd share and see people's opinions on the design. May post pics when they arrive in 1-2 weeks.

Love this one great design.... Wanna see mine? You won't believe what I nodded mine to be...

Jul 11, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #20,809 of 23,366
And cables eventually break like running shoes or soles. But ours will 100x less because they pass million bends and have Kevlar reinforced,so you can replace them for free with a picture if it's broken without sending it in...

They definitely hold up well, even after one year of almost daily use. The cable over time got some tendency to coil up a bit, but not a major problem. Still loving the orange color (I got the matte black M-100). And the 45° plug is just right.

Overall they have a nice, reassuringly solid feel to them. Sometimes I pick specifically the M-100 as rather low-profile (for an over-ear that is) and robust enough for a day out where it will live in a bag for some time, i.e. not specifically cared for.

Jul 12, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #20,810 of 23,366
..I noticed some sort of noise in the right cup that sounds like a screw or something is loose inside and if I flip the cup around in just rattles around..kinda weird.. Wonder if I should disect my m100 to investigate.. Seems the screw/orrock/orwhatever gets stuck sometimes and I don't hear the noise for a while until I manage shake it loose again..

Jul 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #20,811 of 23,366
..I noticed some sort of noise in the right cup that sounds like a screw or something is loose inside and if I flip the cup around in just rattles around..kinda weird.. Wonder if I should disect my m100 to investigate.. Seems the screw/orrock/orwhatever gets stuck sometimes and I don't hear the noise for a while until I manage shake it loose again..

Shaking your babies is considered abuse! :D

Not sure what could be stuck in there. Was it like that from the day you bought it?

Jul 13, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #20,814 of 23,366
Jul 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #20,816 of 23,366
They still are.  It's not like they're sitting next to Beats & Skullcandy.  They are in Magnolia, with B&W, Sennheiser and PSB...  

I know. Still not as boutique.

You can find a Magnolia everywhere in the US, and the distribution chain just became much larger for Vmoda. I guess we have different ideas about what boutique is.

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #20,818 of 23,366
I've just received my M-100's today and must say that they sound fantastic with my progressive/deep house music

The only problem I have is they have too much pressure from the headband over my ears, can someone tell me if the headband gets a bit looser over time or is there a way to adjust it without causing any damage.

Many thanks in advance.

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #20,819 of 23,366
You can bend the headband to better fit your head. As V-Modas FAQ states at http://v-moda.com/faq/#crossfades

My headband is too tight, what can I do?
To relieve the pressure, you can stretch the headband by bending it outwards (placing hands on the ends of the headband - not the earcups). You may repeat this process until you're happy with a looser fit. You can also bend the headband inwards to make a tighter fit. 

Jul 14, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #20,820 of 23,366
You can bend the headband to better fit your head. As V-Modas FAQ states at http://v-moda.com/faq/#crossfades

My headband is too tight, what can I do?

To relieve the pressure, you can stretch the headband by bending it outwards (placing hands on the ends of the headband - not the earcups). You may repeat this process until you're happy with a looser fit. You can also bend the headband inwards to make a tighter fit. 

Many thanks my friend. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back