V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 17, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #20,671 of 23,366
I wonder if its really worth spending an extra $20 on an M-100 rather than an XS. I'd buy the M-100 on Amazon Warehouse, does anybody know if immortal life program applies here? Do you have to show a proof of purchase? I may just have enough money in my budget to get the m-100.

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #20,672 of 23,366
I wonder if its really worth spending an extra $20 on an M-100 rather than an XS. I'd buy the M-100 on Amazon Warehouse, does anybody know if immortal life program applies here? Do you have to show a proof of purchase? I may just have enough money in my budget to get the m-100.

If you're getting an M100 for $220 then it's VERY worth it.

I listened to the XS for a good little while last week and at least to me it did just sound like a mini version of the M100. I don't know about the M80 because I only played with one of those very briefly, but the XS just felt like a compact M100, meaning less "size" to the sound, less seal due to the design, and not as comfortable. 

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #20,674 of 23,366

I listened to the XS for a good little while last week and at least to me it did just sound like a mini version of the M100. I don't know about the M80 because I only played with one of those very briefly, but the XS just felt like a compact M100, meaning less "size" to the sound, less seal due to the design, and not as comfortable. 

u really have not much of a clue. The XS is NOT a mini M100, in the same way the M80 is not either.

Jun 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #20,675 of 23,366

u really have not much of a clue. The XS is NOT a mini M100, in the same way the M80 is not either.

Dude are you just following me from thread to thread? I feel like I need a restraining order put out. It's creepy. 

Jun 18, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #20,677 of 23,366
  Got my m100's yesterday! :D  YEEEEEAAAH! ;D
I LOVE these headphones! :)

Cool!

Care to share some pictures if you can?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Jun 19, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #20,678 of 23,366

sorry bud, remember me ? haha i still don't think that statement is true. did you get to listen to the xs on your own devices? cause from my time with both of them they didn't sound alike (are they leagues apart, no! but if i had to say 3 things they differ:

bass- m100s is tighter and reaches lower (more subbass)
mids- the xs have a much more loving and attention grabbing mids (love female vocals on them)
soundstage- thought i was gonna say treble ehh? the soundstage on the m100 is bigger than the xs

and lastly (yea i'm not stopping at 3 things) the treble on the m100s are more articulate than the xs, and somewhat more extension. definitely more energy here

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #20,679 of 23,366
  sorry bud, remember me ? haha i still don't think that statement is true. did you get to listen to the xs on your own devices? cause from my time with both of them they didn't sound alike (are they leagues apart, no! but if i had to say 3 things they differ:

bass- m100s is tighter and reaches lower (more subbass)
mids- the xs have a much more loving and attention grabbing mids (love female vocals on them)
soundstage- thought i was gonna say treble ehh? the soundstage on the m100 is bigger than the xs

and lastly (yea i'm not stopping at 3 things) the treble on the m100s are more articulate than the xs, and somewhat more extension. definitely more energy here

SomeGuyDude has a Vamp Verza. Don't know if he used it for his comparison, but it definitely beefs up the M-100's sound by tightening the bass and bringing forth the mids. I don't know what effect it has on the XS, but it does balance out the M-100 more.

Jun 19, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #20,680 of 23,366
Just got the M 100's with xl pads two days ago.  Got the XS for my mom and she loves them so far.  During the first day with the M100's  the top of the headband was hurting my head after a few hours but I think the ear pads and headphone have worn in and its much more comfortable now.

Probably really old but I just noticed if you need a longer cable for the M 100's you can just connect the two cables that come with it (you can just plug into the shareplay cable.  Makes the cable a bit longer than most average headphone cables (that I have tried)

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #20,682 of 23,366

Just arrived! Thanks to A2A!

Thanks fo sharing:)

Cool but you do realise I have the exact same thing and paid $100 less for them? I bought them from the v-MODA website. Not trying to rain on your parade but first party seller is always best seller in this situation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back