V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 17, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #20,658 of 23,366
i see, so it's shouldn't be a major drawback from getting this awesome headphone right?

No way. It's a thing that happens but it's far from widespread. My pair's holding up strong and they've landed on hard surfaces plenty of times, among other abuses. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #20,659 of 23,366
Initial impressions with the m-100's:

Build quality is superb.

They look more compact in real life.

At the moment, no comfort issues at all, guess i have small ears. :)

Punchy bass indeed. They are fun cans.

Very satisfied with these phones... As of now :D

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #20,661 of 23,366
hi all, need some feedback from m100 white variance owner feedback, does it get dirty easily on the headphone and the case? i'm interested with the white variance but afraid it get dirty easily

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #20,662 of 23,366
hi all, need some feedback from m100 white variance owner feedback, does it get dirty easily on the headphone and the case? i'm interested with the white variance but afraid it get dirty easily

HI,
I don't own the white-silver edition, but I've heard, that the white case of these can get dirty after a while...

But they look AMAZING on a person with e.g. red or golden shields!

Here is one review:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yavUQYB9Qs

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #20,664 of 23,366
hi guys, i'm planning to buy a m100, considering white color but seems like a lot mentioned white color got cracking issue? i'm wonder is it because of the cracking issue, the shop i used to buy from here in australia sells the white color as 360 aud while others color at 395 aud

Btw if you getting them at addicted to audio ask for george. He might as well give you a better deal.

Good luck and Enjoy the music!

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #20,666 of 23,366
is that dirt on the headband?

is that dirt on the headband?

Better get the darker colours if you have concerns about them being dirt magnets.

Extra care might help not getting them dirty.

Was concern about the white m100's getting easily dirty, for that reason I ended up getting the matte black.

White m100's are still the prettiest in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #20,667 of 23,366
Better get the darker colours if you have concerns about them being dirt magnets.

Was concern about the white m100's getting easily dirty, for that reason I ended up getting the matte black.

Just my 2 cents.
smily_headphones1.gif

You are right!

Shadow is not very good...because of the denim-headband!
It can get very dingy after a while! and the shiny earcups!
They can get very dirty!

I've ordered matte black!

Jun 17, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #20,668 of 23,366
loving my m-100, but with xl pads it's even better! got the pads after a long search nearly 3 months after purchasing m-100. and suddenly m-100 feels like a new headphone. posted my impression here http://www.head-fi.org/t/691002/unofficial-v-moda-xl-pads-thread/45#post_10640330

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #20,669 of 23,366

Just my 2 cents. :)

i do agree with u the white color is the prettiest but i'm concern of how easy it get dirty because it will over times, which may make it looks bad

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #20,670 of 23,366

The headphones don't dirty easily, but the case gets dirty pretty quick. Any friction it gets while inside a bag or bumping against stuff will leave visible marks and scuffs. I think that's why they made the White XS case in gray.  The white M-100's headband will start to crack and peel before it gets noticeably dirty. I've had mine for over year and the pleather is starting to break at the edges. I have a Matte Black XS, but it's only a couple months old so I can't judge it's durability. My Shadow V-80, which is 2 1/2 years old and is my most abused headphone, still looks great. The suede headband, in my experience, holds up the best. I did lose one of the red Vs off my wingplates, though.

If you're worried about your headphones getting dirty/damaged, just use the case. A dirty, beat up case is a lot cheaper to replace than a broken headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back