V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 10, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #20,446 of 23,366

We now have 2 offices in Milano for design/branding/content (where I live), 1 on Sunset Blvd (original) and 1 in Hong Kong (sales for Japan and all of Asia + Middle East)... and more announcements TBA soon by our 10th Anniversary (July 27th this year).

Cheers,

Val 

White accessories coming soon?? Boom mic and XL cushions....both in white??!!
biggrin.gif

It would also be cool if we could purchase additional cases...in the event that the one that comes with the order gets scuffed, scratched, etc. 

May 10, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #20,447 of 23,366
We now have 2 offices in Milano for design/branding/content (where I live), 1 on Sunset Blvd (original) and 1 in Hong Kong (sales for Japan and all of Asia + Middle East)... and more announcements TBA soon by our 10th Anniversary (July 27th this year).

Cheers,

Val 

Hi Val.

Can I still buy from your website if I live in Australia?

Thanks

May 10, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #20,448 of 23,366

Cheers,

Val 

Hi Val.

Thanks

Why don't you just contact V-Moda support? 

May 10, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #20,449 of 23,366

Cheers,

Val 

Hi Val.

Thanks

Yes, you can.

May 13, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #20,452 of 23,366
i'm having a predicament and i'm wondering if the all you kind gentlemen/women would care to help me out. Especially for those that owned the m100 along with either the : xs or the m80s

i recently returned my matte black m100s (i absolutely love the very sparkly treble and engaging sound) after receiving my white pearl xs (absolutely love the mids and the warm sound)--> the portability is unreal but the isolation suffers compare the m100s by memory (which had the extra bass and over ear fit for more isolation)--> but comfort is great--> is the comfort better on the m100s with the xl pads i wonder??

my reasons for returning the m100s (i'm running off the ipod/iphone)

1) i got it at the mall (and they only had matte black, while its nice, if i prefer the white pearl, by a wide margin)
2) the bass is a bit much (making the mids more laid back than i like)
the mids did not have that magic, the lushness of the xs 

3) i didn't get a chance with the xl pads (the m100s was a impulse buy) and if i order the xl pads, it wouldn't get here in time (i would exceed the 30 day policy)--> so i never experienced that comfort it seems like a global consensus unlike the sound change(which is kinda 50/50)

4) its a bit big around my neck, the cups are  sometimes hitting the bottom of my chin--> unless i stretch my neck--> got sore after a while (now i've gained a lot more weight the past year or so, so part of that is probably on me)---> gonna start working out after i finish my board exam soo that might change

i still have some time till my 60 day test drive runs out (i got the xs the day it came out) and have been recently been thinking if i should just send my xs back for a pair of m100s only this time with the xl pads for extra comfort measures.

what do you guys think?

May 13, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #20,454 of 23,366
Well, as it appears that you enjoy the sound of the xs more and portability is important for you, I think you should keep the xs

the bass on the m100s for the most part is very nice when out an about its just when its a bit quieter say in a neighbourhood or at home, it gets a bit much then

maybe its just me but the m100s felt more substantial in the hand (thats not a knock on on the xs). 

and i do prefer the over ear over on ear despite how comfortable the xs are (plus the m100s actually look more slimming on my head> xs which sticks out more) not the gaps i mean the earcups

May 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #20,455 of 23,366
i'm having a predicament and i'm wondering if the all you kind gentlemen/women would care to help me out. Especially for those that owned the m100 along with either the : xs or the m80s

i recently returned my matte black m100s (i absolutely love the very sparkly treble and engaging sound) after receiving my white pearl xs (absolutely love the mids and the warm sound)--> the portability is unreal but the isolation suffers compare the m100s by memory (which had the extra bass and over ear fit for more isolation)--> but comfort is great--> is the comfort better on the m100s with the xl pads i wonder??

1) i got it at the mall (and they only had matte black, while its nice, if i prefer the white pearl, by a wide margin)

3) i didn't get a chance with the xl pads (the m100s was a impulse buy) and if i order the xl pads, it wouldn't get here in time (i would exceed the 30 day policy)--> so i never experienced that comfort it seems like a global consensus unlike the sound change(which is kinda 50/50)

Did you return the m100 to amazon?

4) its a bit big around my neck, the cups are  sometimes hitting the bottom of my chin--> unless i stretch my neck--> got sore after a while (now i've gained a lot more weight the past year or so, so part of that is probably on me)---> gonna start working out after i finish my board exam soo that might change

i still have some time till my 60 day test drive runs out (i got the xs the day it came out) and have been recently been thinking if i should just send my xs back for a pair of m100s only this time with the xl pads for extra comfort measures.

what do you guys think?

May 14, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #20,456 of 23,366

what do you guys think?

Long time lurker here. The M100s are really uncomfortable for me after about 10 minutes of use, i recently purchased the xl pads and yet i am still experiencing some discomfort. After reading through reviews of the xl pad, i seem to be in the minority of people that finds the xl pads really uncomfortable. I have decided to sell my M100s in other to get the V-moda xs.

May 14, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #20,457 of 23,366
  Long time lurker here. The M100s are really uncomfortable for me after about 10 minutes of use, i recently purchased the xl pads and yet i am still experiencing some discomfort. After reading through reviews of the xl pad, i seem to be in the minority of people that finds the xl pads really uncomfortable. I have decided to sell my M100s in other to get the V-moda xs.

I am currently in decision between the XS and the M100 with XL pads. I already have a P7 but sadly can't wear it for months now as the pressure around my ears is enough to cause headaches and discomfort. that doesn't mean the P7 has very bad comfort it just doesn't work for me. comfort for the next headphone is my main issue, sound next and isolation afterwards.

I just heard very good opinions about the M100s comfort with XL pads so I am curious about this post. what exactly is your problem with them? other opinions about comfort differences between m100 and xs is very appreciated. on ear might be actually a good thing for me and could work better with glasses. 

May 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #20,458 of 23,366
  I am currently in decision between the XS and the M100 with XL pads. I already have a P7 but sadly can't wear it for months now as the pressure around my ears is enough to cause headaches and discomfort. that doesn't mean the P7 has very bad comfort it just doesn't work for me. comfort for the next headphone is my main issue, sound next and isolation afterwards.

I just heard very good opinions about the M100s comfort with XL pads so I am curious about this post. what exactly is your problem with them? other opinions about comfort differences between m100 and xs is very appreciated. on ear might be actually a good thing for me and could work better with glasses. 

the question was not directed at me but i'll chime in anyway. i only had the m100s without the xl pads (for the time i had them), clamping force is id say above average to high. i didn't stretch out the headband hoping to let it "loosen up" with use (plus a tight clamp= isolation). it did feel tight on my head after about the 1-1.5 hour mark. i had to take it off then, (it wasn't unbearable) but it was that and the combination of my ears sweating, the earpads had a thin patches of sweat on it already. (not the most breathable pads i guess)

xs are fantastic for on ears, any experiences with on ears in the past? the xs spread the pressure pretty evenly all around the ear, i've never gotten any hot spots on my ear. i can wear em for hours. my ears do get sore afterwards but while listening, i never felt the need to take them off 

May 14, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #20,459 of 23,366

the question was not directed at me but i'll chime in anyway. i only had the m100s without the xl pads (for the time i had them), clamping force is id say above average to high. i didn't stretch out the headband hoping to let it "loosen up" with use (plus a tight clamp= isolation). it did feel tight on my head after about the 1-1.5 hour mark. i had to take it off then, (it wasn't unbearable) but it was that and the combination of my ears sweating, the earpads had a thin patches of sweat on it already. (not the most breathable pads i guess)

xs are fantastic for on ears, any experiences with on ears in the past? the xs spread the pressure pretty evenly all around the ear, i've never gotten any hot spots on my ear. i can wear em for hours. my ears do get sore afterwards but while listening, i never felt the need to take them off 

Tom, thanks for sharing your experience. if there is stronger clamping force with the 100s, i might have trouble with them aswell, even with XL pads. P7 aren't even strong in clamping and get my head aching. the only on ears I had are the sennheiser px200 which I really liked at their time but they weren't really durable. they didn't ache at all, pressure was nearly absent and still they stood on the head without a problem. thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot them. if the experience is comparable they could be perfect.

May 14, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #20,460 of 23,366

Your experience with the P7 is similar to mine with the M100s.I tried stretching out the headband to reduce the clamping force but it still didn't solve the problem. 

The main priority for my next headphone will have to be comfort, sound quality would be an afterthought. From the reviews i've seen so far, the xs seems to be the right choice for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back