V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 8, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #20,416 of 23,366
May 8, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #20,418 of 23,366
May 9, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #20,419 of 23,366
Will someone please compare the sound quality of the Sennheiser Momentum and m100???

Look at my M-100 review in my signature - i have a small blurb about the Momentm being more "v-shaped" sounding and brighter, with slightly looser bass.  They weren't bad at all, but I like the "on-the-ear" more than the over the ear.

I prefer the M-100 which sound more like a closed HD-650. The M-100 soundstage is bigger, the bass is more controlled, and the treble is smoother and less fatiguing.

May 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #20,420 of 23,366
Will someone please compare the sound quality of the Sennheiser Momentum and m100???

Look at my M-100 review in my signature - i have a small blurb about the Momentm being more "v-shaped" sounding and brighter, with slightly looser bass.  They weren't bad at all, but I like the "on-the-ear" more than the over the ear.

I prefer the M-100 which sound more like a closed HD-650. The M-100 soundstage is bigger, the bass is more controlled, and the treble is smoother and less fatiguing.

I also find the senn momentums have a crispier sound than the m100s but the bass is affected from it.

May 9, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #20,423 of 23,366
I just received my m100s in the mail on Wednesday and so far, they have not disappointed. I'm waiting for a Nuforce udac-3 to be delivered for use with my PC because the sound card is horrible and I'd like to push these things a little further.

I do have one question for current m100 owners:
I've noticed that the "v-plug" on the left side doesn't fit quite right. It takes a bit of force to get it in and more than a bit to get it out again. The plug on the right, however, is smooth like butter. Has anyone else had this issue?

Besides the tricky plug, I'm pretty darn happy with these cans. I ordered the boom mic, which is great, along with the XL ear cushions (if you don't have them, get them). Speaking of ear cushions, the cushion came away from the plastic ring while attempting to pull off the stock one to swap for the XLs. This only happened with one cushion so I'm wondering if it's a defect. I plan to email V-Moda to see if this is a regular complaint.

May 9, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #20,424 of 23,366
  I just received my m100s in the mail on Wednesday and so far, they have not disappointed. I'm waiting for a Nuforce udac-3 to be delivered for use with my PC because the sound card is horrible and I'd like to push these things a little further.

I do have one question for current m100 owners:
I've noticed that the "v-plug" on the left side doesn't fit quite right. It takes a bit of force to get it in and more than a bit to get it out again. The plug on the right, however, is smooth like butter. Has anyone else had this issue?

Besides the tricky plug, I'm pretty darn happy with these cans. I ordered the boom mic, which is great, along with the XL ear cushions (if you don't have them, get them). Speaking of ear cushions, the cushion came away from the plastic ring while attempting to pull off the stock one to swap for the XLs. This only happened with one cushion so I'm wondering if it's a defect. I plan to email V-Moda to see if this is a regular complaint.

The V-Plug goes in, then you rotate to lock it... 

May 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #20,429 of 23,366
I had the same issue until I grabbed a needle nose pliers and just yanked it out. No harm at all to the plug or the headphones.

Yeah I did the same. No harm to the plug but a little annoying. I like to keep the plug in when I'm not listening and needing pliers to get the left one out defeats the purpose. Oh well...A very small blemish on an otherwise amazing product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back