V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 4, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #20,388 of 23,366
You're all making me think...

I'm not sure I'm going to buy more headphones. I'm already looking to sell my Q701's and my E18. I still have my PX100II's which are very, very good for what they are.

I'll probably keep the V-Moda's though. I really like their aesthetics.

Good suggestions though! I like the look of the Classics and, while the company is relatively new to the headphone world, I've heard their work in the car audio field many times. That is a good thing.

I've also found they're on Amazon here for £190. It would seem a reasonable price from the short couple of reviews I've read.

I read your comment about the Sandisk clipI initially liked the sound of my zip especially with FLAC.But i realized it doesn't have the full sound stage of my iPod classic.It is the best sounding source for my M100s along with my ALO M3 amp.I read many praise about the NAD HP 50 headphones.I want to demo those.

May 6, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #20,392 of 23,366
May 6, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #20,393 of 23,366
  ..I was checking ebay for the m100..what do you guys think of the m100 for $201.99 but its seller refurbished? 

How is the sellers feedback looking? Study the comments, look at the dates (i.e. continuously active etc.), look what else he is/was selling... ask questions and look at the overall tone of the reply.

Furthermore: what das 'seller refurbished' mean? What did he do with them? Replace parts? With what? Offizial Dealer of maybe in V-Modas blacklist?
http://v-moda.com/verified-resellers/

If something sounds too good to be true... it normally is :wink:

May 6, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #20,394 of 23,366
Listening to Booka Shade's album from last year 'Eve' on M100 atm at work with E17. I've listened to this album quite a few times, mostly on TH600 but I think I listened once with M100s + xl pads. The bass is impressive with stock pads. Some crazy quantity and pressure on some tracks, verging on skull rattling but nice and clean.
This track particularly stood out (bass drop @ just after 2 minutes in ) but the whole album is extremely well produced and full of great bass lines.

May 6, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #20,397 of 23,366
V moda's warrenty is to good to miss. It also might break easyer. I'd get the XS and still get the warrenty and other V moda benefits. The XS also has more balance sound quality.

Alright, the whole thing does seem a little sketchy..
Was planning on buying both m100 and xs eventually so guess xs is first..

I would buy M100 first tbh so you appreciate the XS. Just my .2

May 6, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #20,398 of 23,366
Alright, the whole thing does seem a little sketchy..
Was planning on buying both m100 and xs eventually so guess xs is first..

Why would you want to buy both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back