V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 21, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #19,486 of 23,366
XL pads ordered.

Mar 21, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #19,493 of 23,366
Found this with Google Search:

On Monday, July 28, 2008, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for REVOLVER by V-Moda, LLC, Los Angeles, CA 90028. The USPTO has given the REVOLVER trademark serial number of 77532851. The current federal status of this trademark filing is ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED. The correspondent listed for REVOLVER is Edwin Tarver of LAUSON & TARVER LLP, 880 Apollo Street, Suite 301, El Segundo CA 90245 . The REVOLVER trademark is filed in the category of Computer & Software Products & Electrical & Scientific Products . The description provided to the USPTO for REVOLVER is Earphones and headphones; microphones.

Mar 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #19,495 of 23,366
V-Moda's next over the ear headphones, supposedly aimed for audiophile sound.

Open back maybe? Although the name more suits bullet shaped IEM'S I think.

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #19,498 of 23,366
Open back maybe? Although the name more suits bullet shaped IEM'S I think.
Val has been working on the Revolver for years. The name is supposed to allude to the headphone's swiveling ear cups. I may have these percentages wrong so correct me if that's the case, but Val said that out of the headphones he has created:

M-80 has achieved 94% of his ultimate sound
M-100 has achieved 96%
and
M-100+Verza has achieved 98%

Revolver is supposed to be his 100% so it's not coming out until it's done.

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #19,500 of 23,366
I was listening to the audio technica ws99s which thr store owner said was close ro the vmoda m100 sound. With bass reducer it sound prettyy good , decentl clear. but once turn off the bass was too strong. I guess im not a "basshead".

I was gonna do the same for the m100s use bass reducer at home, where i dont need that extra bass, and turn off the eq when im on the go.

I usually hate using eq but as stated before, the m100 ticks basically all the box for a portable. And with the xl pads it really seems like the perfect all rounder. Now its the sound im questioning.

I couldnt end up demoing a unit in toronto, yorkdale no longer has a demo unit ( glad i called ahead or i made the trip for nothing).

Tried the athm50s that some recommend was close in terms of sound sig for an easily accessible headphone u can demo.

Used bass reducer again off my ipod but with the fiio (e6) no eq so some bass bump i its vanilla mode. .

The lower midss felt really scooped and cold sounding and in comparison this made the treble overly bright.

Now i didnt grt to try it without the bass reducer but it seems (with the bass reducer eq setting whic i was intending for home use doesnt cut it on the athm50s which would mean the same for the m100s)

Any thoughtss? Soo close yet so far! I was so close to dropping the money on it

Hmm.Did the Microsoft store at Yorkdale have the V Mods M100 in stock? Because you could of bought them and tested them in the mall and if you didn't like them you could of returned them right away.I'm sure there would be no problem with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back