V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 8, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #18,421 of 23,366
Do you mean on-board audio? If so I would say almost certainly. Sorry I can't be more help.

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #18,422 of 23,366
It'll be interesting to hear if the Nuforce Transient cable improves the sound over the stock cable. I imagine it will if only by a small margin.

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #18,423 of 23,366
After trying out and subsequently returning off of these headphones for my portable rig:

1. Beyerdynamic DT 1350
2. Beyerdynamic T51P
3. Beyerdynamic DT 770
4. Beyerdynamic COP
5. Sennheiser Momentum (over-ear)
6. Sennheiser Amperior
7. AKG K551

I have FINALLY made my way to the M-100 and I will definitely be keeping them. I'm completely floored by their sound, build quality, and features. I'm a treble-head so I thought for sure I'd be going with a beyer or an AKG (my current at-home headphone is the Beyerdynamic T90) but all of the Beyers I tried had some fatal flaw. The dt 1350 and the t51p clamped too hard, the dt 770 was great but leaked a lot of sound, and the COP sounded like a more hollow 770. The sennheisers sounded muddy and thick to my ears. The AKG sounded great but the cable is awful and the headphones smelled truly disgusting. I am SO GLAD I finally tried the M-100 out!

Of all of the headphones listed above I would say the K551 came in a close second, but they're simply too big and smell so gross! Also, they don't have interchangeable cables, and don't come with a 1/4" adapter or a bag despite what the amazon product page says. And while the K551's treble comes close to or exceeds the treble presence of the M-100, the K551 has nowhere near the excellent bass of the v-moda.

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #18,424 of 23,366
[quote name="Zorrofox" url="/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviewEspeciallyics-etc/18405#post_10246930"motorcycleanyone listen to Yello on these M-100's? Their older stuff in particular sounds stella(r).

I have noticed the sound mellowing a bit now but I still tend to think it's my brain getting used to the sonic signature rather than the drivers burning in. Either way, I'm going to sell my Shure SRH840's. I had initially anticipated having to keep them as the compromises in the M-100's would make them unsuitable for all-purpose use but it's not working out that way. I'm loving this sound.[/quote]

You should try listening to classic Van Halen with the M100s.Sounds awesome! Especially "Hot For Teacher"(with the motorcycle sound of the double bass drum),Unchained,Pretty Woman,Running With The Devil,Ice Cream Man....!
I'm listening to them paired with my ALO Double M3 and my Samsung Galaxy S2 with the PowerAmp music player app..:dt880smile:

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #18,425 of 23,366

...no, but here you can see how I listen to Yello.... whereas in my case it sounds rather touch(ing...)

Wow! We may have similar taste but our budgets are leagues apart. Kudos my friend.

I guess age-wise we are also leagues apart... to your advantage... as such it might just be a question of time until your budgets catch up with & exceed mine...
o2smile.gif
patience my friend, patience.....

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #18,426 of 23,366
[quote name="Zorrofox" url="/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviewEspeciallyics-etc/18405#post_10246930"motorcycleanyone listen to Yello on these M-100's? Their older stuff in particular sounds stella(r).

I have noticed the sound mellowing a bit now but I still tend to think it's my brain getting used to the sonic signature rather than the drivers burning in. Either way, I'm going to sell my Shure SRH840's. I had initially anticipated having to keep them as the compromises in the M-100's would make them unsuitable for all-purpose use but it's not working out that way. I'm loving this sound.

You should try listening to classic Van Halen with the M100s.Sounds awesome! Especially "Hot For Teacher"(with the motorcycle sound of the double bass drum),Unchained,Pretty Woman,Running With The Devil,Ice Cream Man....!
I'm listening to them paired with my ALO Double M3 and my Samsung Galaxy S2 with the PowerAmp music player app..:dt880smile:[/quote]

Good choice my friend. I can't listen to their later stuff but Women & Children First is an excellent album. I'm only just back from a two mile walk with the dogs and my chosen music was Rosenrot by Rammstein. Dear God, anyone who says these can don't rock needs tae clean their lugs oot!

What does the ALO add to the party?

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #18,427 of 23,366
I guess age-wise we are also leagues apart... to your advantage... as such it might just be a question of time until your budgets catch up with & exceed mine...:o2smile: patience my friend, patience.....

I'm 49 my friend and feeling every day of it today. I'm recovering from a slipped disk right now. It's a timely reminder that there's more to life than money.

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #18,428 of 23,366

I guess age-wise we are also leagues apart... to your advantage... as such it might just be a question of time until your budgets catch up with & exceed mine...
o2smile.gif
patience my friend, patience.....

I'm 49 my friend and feeling every day of it today. I'm recovering from a slipped disk right now. It's a timely reminder that there's more to life than money.

I got one of my discs removed 5 years ago, after many years of... you name it. Since then luckily I am pain-free.
I wish you all the best, get better soon!!!

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #18,429 of 23,366
[quit'se name="Zorrofox" url="/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/18420#post_10252206"]
You should try listening to classic Van Halen with the M100s.Sounds awesome! Especialanymoret For Teacher"(with the motorcycle sound of the double bass drum),Unchained,Pretty Woman,Running With The Devil,Ice Cream Man....!
I'm listening to them paired with my ALO Double M3 and my Samsung Galaxy S2 with the PowerAmp music player app..:dt880smile:[/quote]

Good choice my friend. I can't listen to their later stuff but Women & Children First is an excellent album. I'm only just back from a two mile walk with the dogs and my chosen music was Rosenrot by Rammstein. Dear God, anyone who says these can don't rock needs tae clean their lugs oot!

What does the ALO add to the party?[/quote]
Oh it's a great amp.It's highly detailed with a balanced sound.Great treble extension,full midrange and great bass with a soundstage that completes the dynamic sound.I don't listen to my Fiio E 12 anymore since I got it out of storage because it shows what the E12 flaws are.

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #18,430 of 23,366
So i have had my m100's in my closet for about 6mos now, and using my bose( Yea I know!) for some noise canceling on my hour commutte on the train. Yesterday i decided to throw the m100's on my head, and WOW, I forgot how great they sounded. I see they now have xl pads, which my only issue with these was the shallow original pads. SO, who here has upgraded, and what are your thoughts? Thanks

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #18,431 of 23,366
  So i have had my m100's in my closet for about 6mos now, and using my bose( Yea I know!) for some noise canceling on my hour commutte on the train. Yesterday i decided to throw the m100's on my head, and WOW, I forgot how great they sounded. I see they now have xl pads, which my only issue with these was the shallow original pads. SO, who here has upgraded, and what are your thoughts? Thanks

I don't have the XL pads personally, but scattered throughout this thread is lots of talk about them. Also there is a small thread (link) that talks about them as well. 

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #18,432 of 23,366
I'm happy with the stock pads so obviously haven't bothered with the XL's but of those who have some report better sound, some report worse sound and some report no change at all. They're not exactly expensive though so might be worth a punt.

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #18,433 of 23,366

Get it.

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #18,434 of 23,366

ill try to reconstruct a great answer someone gave the last person who asked:
the general consensus is that the soundstage widens slightly, the bass becomes a little more sub-bass centric and the comfort issue is gone for 99% of people.

so yea, get it.

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #18,435 of 23,366
This might not be the best place for this question and if not please feel free to point me to more suitable place.

I'm using my M100's via an Android player. I use Neutron MP for playback mainly but have been experimenting with Poweramp also. I'd be interested how you guys who use either of the above players use the EQ. It would also be interesting to know what music you use for this. I know we all have different ears and musical perception but it might be instructive to learn how some of the more knowledgeable contributors set their players up. Of course if you're using a separate amp or DAC I guess it doesn't really apply to you. Still, might be interesting all the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back