V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 15, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #18,136 of 23,366
  How is the mic quality compared to other headsets with boomic?

I want to buy those headphones but I can't decide between the shadow and the matte black. 
Did someone here used or own both of them? I would like to hear about the difference between them like the headband which is made from different materials how does they fill? How durable they are does there are any sings of use after a few months (I head that the shadow does have sings of wear after time)?  
The matte and glossy parts, does any of them show more sings of wear after time, easier to scratch? 
I really cant decide as for looks which I prefer more so hopefully I can find another reason which one to pick.

I have the shadow and had the matte black.  Prefer the matte black look just a slight bit only because I like the matte finish.  No other reason.  I'm selling a shadow right now with XL pads, not because I don't like them. 

Jan 15, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #18,137 of 23,366
I recently got a static shock more then once in my rt earcup. I had the boom mic connected and got the shock from the extended cable provided with my soundblaster recon3d usb.  I forgot to swith the switch on the extension cable to ps3. it was on xbox. I no longer get the static shock after I flicked the switch to ps3.

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #18,139 of 23,366
Something I noticed with the boompro mic is that audio played through it won't get as loud as with the regular or even the standard mic cable. I'll be doing more testing with another set of headphones and different audio sources later this evening.

"with the regular " What do you mean by regular?  How is the quality of the sound compared to others boomics (volume aside)?
Will be glad to hear more. 

I have the shadow and had the matte black.  Prefer the matte black look just a slight bit only because I like the matte finish.  No other reason.  I'm selling a shadow right now with XL pads, not because I don't like them. 

The shadows gets fingerprints on it pretty easily since its gonna the reflective plastic shell. I couldnt choose between the two so I bought both....

What can you say about the headbands? Any preference? Which is more durable, feel better?

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #18,140 of 23,366

Something I noticed with the boompro mic is that audio played through it won't get as loud as with the regular or even the standard mic cable. I'll be doing more testing with another set of headphones and different audio sources later this evening.

Sorry would you mind clarifying this?

1. Do you mean that sound/source audio that's played through the headphones with the boompro mic cable is not as loud as with the other cables? (what you hear)
or
2. That the audio from the boom pro mic is not as loud as the normal mic cable when someone else hears it or its played back? (what they hear)

Gonna be pretty disappointed if its number 2... lol got the boom pro to improve friends hearing me more clearly on the PS4!!!

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #18,141 of 23,366

1. Do you mean that sound/source audio that's played through the headphones with the boompro mic cable is not as loud as with the other cables? (what you hear)
or
2. That the audio from the boom pro mic is not as loud as the normal mic cable when someone else hears it or its played back? (what they hear)

Gonna be pretty disappointed if its number 2... lol got the boom pro to improve friends hearing me more clearly on the PS4!!!

Oh I got it wrong (didn't even think about the first option).
"it won't get as loud as with the regular or even the standard mic cable" As I understand its the 1st option that the audio that you hear from your source while using the cable of the boompro isn't as loud as with the share cable and as with the cable with the standard mic and single button.

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #18,143 of 23,366
Has anyone tried there m100s out with a fiio e11? If so is it worth buying one for it? (I have never used a headphone amp)

Yes i have. its a pretty decent amp and. if you want head rattling bass with bass boost go right ahead...

2 me it sounds better amped then unamped if your source is say a handphone or a cheap mp3 player...

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #18,145 of 23,366

or

Sorry for the confusion guys.
What I meant was the audio heard through the headphones with the boompro attached.
What I meant be "regular" cable was the audio only cable that comes with v-moda's headphones, and the standard mic cable being the speakeasy cable that comes with vmoda's headphones.

Music played through my phone, or computer is a bit louder with the cables that come with vmoda headphones. When I have the boompro hooked up, and with the volume on the boompro cable turned all the way up, it's still a bit lower through the headphones.

The mic quality (my voice heard by others during phone calls/chat) is amazing and was never in question.

Also, these windscreens fit the boompro perfectly. Nice and snug and they eliminate wind noise while maintaining clarity.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #18,146 of 23,366

or

What I meant was the audio heard through the headphones with the boompro attached.
What I meant be "regular" cable was the audio only cable that comes with v-moda's headphones, and the standard mic cable being the speakeasy cable that comes with vmoda's headphones.

Music played through my phone, or computer is a bit louder with the cables that come with vmoda headphones. When I have the boompro hooked up, and with the volume on the boompro cable turned all the way up, it's still a bit lower through the headphones.

The mic quality (my voice heard by others during phone calls/chat) is amazing and was never in question.

Also, these windscreens fit the boompro perfectly. Nice and snug and they eliminate wind noise while maintaining clarity.

Thanks! That'd really helpful :)

Looking forward to getting the BoomPro!

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #18,147 of 23,366
  For those asking about the quality of the microphone, SpiderNhan and Miceblue both did reviews of the headphones, with SpiderNhan using the BoomMic for most of the review, while Miceblue uses it for his introduction.

SpiderNhan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unsE8RE0y3I

Miceblue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UigeVu7gqs

Thanks I was searching for something like this.

Quote:

Thank you for the information.
What about the quality of the sound is there any difference?  
Is the volume difference between the cables are huge or minor? Can it still get to a volume that will be too loud / uncomfortable to listen?

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #18,150 of 23,366
  Thank you for the information.
What about the quality of the sound is there any difference?  
Is the volume difference between the cables are huge or minor? Can it still get to a volume that will be too loud / uncomfortable to listen?

No problem. :)
No difference in audio quality other than the slight volume drop.
It's definitely not a big drop; it can still reach ear deafening volume easily.

Now realistically, the audio drop won't matter much since I'll seldom be listening to music while using the boompro. Mostly for gamechat and some phone calls. When I go out, I use the speakeasy cable since it works fine for calls and music.

Miceblue and Nhan's videos are what sold me on the M100's and boompro. They did a great job detailing all the aspects I was looking for when shopping for a new set of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back