V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #14,971 of 23,366
Quote:

The regular people in this thread just want to come to the thread whilst probably listening to the M-100 and read positive comments about them, if you read what I said in this thread from the start I was never actually "senselessly bashing them using dirty language and a belligerent attitude." at all that is rubbish, all I did was give my opinion on the headphones, I was not even being "picky" or an "audiophile" to me the issues with the treble and midrange are very obvious within 5 minutes of using the headphones compared to the others I have at the moment.

Also I was just informing people that whilst the "paper towel mod" does fix the comfort issue, it messes up the bass quality quite a bit... Because when I bought these I was almost sure they would not fit me properly, but thought I would just do the "kitchen towel mod" as I read comments saying it actually improves the sound, if anything this is miss leading because it makes the bass quite a bit worse (I had a suspicion this would happen but I trusted the comments in the thread).... I am the one giving a realistic view and not just saying what people want to hear so I am actually the one being helpful by saying there is a high chance (50% according to the comfort thread) you will find them uncomfortable and there is not really a proper fix for this until the XL pads (probably) come out this year.... If you are someone like me and likes to sit with headphones on for long periods then these are probably no good to you...

This is the name of the thread " V-Moda m-100: discussion / feedback / reviews" This is all I did and as Tinyman said I was basically attacked for saying anything negative about them, sort of like walking into manchester uniteds football stadium with a liverpool shirt on...  if I would have come into the thread and said "wow these are just so good, no faults at all" I would have just got a pat on the back. All I was doing was giving my view and why these might be a disappointment for other people if they are looking for comfort or who may find the problems I mentioned annoying, if you enjoy them that is great, but as with any headphones people are entitled to give an opinion and if anything this is good for people looking at what headphones to buy.

If you do not want to head anything negative about them, then make another thread called the "V-moda M-100 appreciation thread"

It wasn't the content of your posts, it was the character of your message.  From reading your posts in other threads, I see that that character is pervasive in nearly every thread you engage in.  You give your opinion, laced with overly-disparaging commentary designed to incite a negative response.  Then you play the victim when people call you out on it.  I, as well as everyone else I'm sure, look forward to the last word I'm sure you will feel the need to provide.  Alas, not for the content of its' message, but for the finality of your incessant, negative and incendiary rambling... 

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #14,972 of 23,366
Quote:

Its not that, its just that I think you people are being unfair and just cannot accept any criticism about the headphones, even when it is completely valid, maybe you just don't understand what I am saying, although the comfort issue is very obvious.

This is my final comment now goodbye. This is a waste of my time.

You realize most people did accept it and merely offered experiences counter to your own. That's usually what happens in a discussion. If you express your opinion on something, you must expect others to offer their own opinions on the subject. Why is every counter-opinion seen as attacking? Is it because most people in this thread have positive experiences? And thus when a negative opinion arises people don't agree with it and thus respond to it? But then that is normal discourse and not an attack.

Hell I didn't even deny anything you said and agreed with it for the most part. I found a mod that worked for me without sacrificing sound quality for comfort. And I just personally can hear your masked frequencies. I'm not saying the FR response is perfect, because it isn't. But the M-100s do everything I want from a portable can.

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #14,973 of 23,366
Quote:
Don't be childish I just explained it. I'm leaving this thread now I am sick of arguing with people who are probably half my age and cannot accept constructive criticism. Goodbye.

Quote:
Just trying to inform other potential buyers that they will probably end up either having to return them or do a mod which messes up the sound quality to actually be able to wear them properly. Anyway I am going now I am bored bye.

Quote:

Its not that, its just that I think you people are being unfair and just cannot accept any criticism about the headphones, even when it is completely valid, maybe you just don't understand what I am saying, although the comfort issue is very obvious.

This is my final comment now goodbye. This is a waste of my time.

That guy... Amazing...

But you're right, Craig, it was good to fill in that update for anyone who might pop into the last few pages of the thread, get blindsided, and figure it's just been a 200 page flame war :-/

As for me, I'm sitting in that breaking in period right now I suppose. I can wear them for ~1-2hrs, but then it's time for a break. I haven't really ever found a pair of headphones I can get past that amount of time with, though, so I suppose it's par for the course of headphone listening 
blink.gif

On a great note, I did just get my new iBasso D42 dac+amp in the mail yesterday! These are very early impressions, but it seems to be pairing well with the M100s and giving me that even more effortless & airy presentation I got off my other amp. Now to just let it burn in for a while and make sure everything is settled 
L3000.gif

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #14,974 of 23,366
Quote:

That guy... Amazing...

But you're right, Craig, it was good to fill in that update for anyone who might pop into the last few pages of the thread, get blindsided, and figure it's just been a 200 page flame war :-/

As for me, I'm sitting in that breaking in period right now I suppose. I can wear them for ~1-2hrs, but then it's time for a break. I haven't really ever found a pair of headphones I can get past that amount of time with, though, so I suppose it's par for the course of headphone listening 
blink.gif

On a great note, I did just get my new iBasso D42 dac+amp in the mail yesterday! These are very early impressions, but it seems to be pairing well with the M100s and giving me that even more effortless & airy presentation I got off my other amp. Now to just let it burn in for a while and make sure everything is settled 
L3000.gif

I am now a big believer in the value of amps.  M-100 direct through my Iphone is good, but through Verza, the sound improves significantly.  I imagine the improvement is similar with other quality amps. 

I noticed this forum is about to hit 1,000 pages so that says something about the M-100.  I recall early excitement about the Tiesto line and that forum has died on the vine.  I see the Momentum, MDR-1R and Mad Dog threads continue to have an impressive flow of posts as well.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #14,975 of 23,366
Quote:
They're not good for multiple genres to me at all. I'd only recommend them to someone looking for a pair to listen to EDM/Hip-hop/R&B and that's all. The mids are recessed and the trebble has less detail than a $70 IEM, which is pretty disappointing. I can't have pleasure listening to them without equalizing, unless I turn the volume up to a non safe level.

I would be curious to know what $70 IEMs you consider to have more detail than the M-100.  I have also found that more "neutral" headphones that may excel with instrumental or vocals are incapable of producing proper bass for EDM/Hip-hop/R&B which is M-100's forte, but doesn't limit the M-100 to providing a satisfying, if not perfect, listening experience with, for example, jazz  where the bass might be a bit elevated but be otherwise enjoyable.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #14,976 of 23,366
Quote:
I am now a big believer in the value of amps.  M-100 direct through my Iphone is good, but through Verza, the sound improves significantly.  I imagine the improvement is similar with other quality amps. 

I noticed this forum is about to hit 1,000 pages so that says something about the M-100.  I recall early excitement about the Tiesto line and that forum has died on the vine.  I see the Momentum, MDR-1R and Mad Dog threads continue to have an impressive flow of posts as well.

I'd get Mad Dogs, but I don't need another closed set, so I'm probably going to get HE-500s sometime down the line for home use. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #14,977 of 23,366
Quote:

I'd get Mad Dogs, but I don't need another closed set, so I'm probably going to get HE-500s sometime down the line for home use. 

I would like to try Hifiman sometime as well, but there is too much activity in my house for open headphones.  For anyone who likes the general sonic signature of the M-100, but wants even better bass, higher resolution, superior highs, bigger soundstage, superior build and comfort with large, plush leather cups, I unconditionally recommend the Ultrasone Signature DJ if your budget allows.

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #14,978 of 23,366
Quote:
I would like to try Hifiman sometime as well, but there is too much activity in my house for open headphones.  For anyone who likes the general sonic signature of the M-100, but wants even better bass, higher resolution, superior highs, bigger soundstage, superior build and comfort with large, plush leather cups, I unconditionally recommend the Ultrasone Signature DJ if your budget allows.

I've tried them, I like them, I just have priorities for portable right now. And don't have the $700 for the HE-500. For now I'm pleased with my M-100s for portable. I am getting ASG-2s and RE-400s for IEM. And I want to sell my TMA-1s for DT1350, since the M-100s fill the same basic sound signature niche as the TMA-1 DJ. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #14,979 of 23,366
Sure wish the mods would close this ridiculous nonsense.

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #14,980 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

If you're looking at the HE-500 down the road, you might be more interested in the "Paradox" version of the Fostex T50RP made by the well-respected Head-Fier LFF (who also happens to be a mastering engineer). From peoples' comparisons, his Paradox mod sounds much more balanced, detailed and more like the HE-500 than MrSpeakers' LCD-2-like Mad Dog which I personally didn't like too much (I also don't like the LCD-2 very much). I'll probably get a Paradox myself down the road as I did like the HE-500 and after seeing so many comparisons between the Paradox and HE-500, I'm convinced that the Paradox is more like the sound I'm looking for.

In other news, since V-MODA still hasn't released their Boom Pro Mic cable, if anyone is interested in such an accessory, Beyerdynamic's equivalent is available now, although it's twice the price. The microphone component is a condenser microphone, it has separate connections for the audio and voice channels, it comes with a 6.3 mm adaptor, and it has technical data and measurements available.
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/custom-headset-gear.html
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/media//datenblaetter/DAT_Custom_Headset_Gear_EN.pdf

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #14,981 of 23,366
Quote:
If you're looking at the HE-500 down the road, you might be more interested in the "Paradox" version of the Fostex T50RP made by the well-respected Head-Fier LFF (who also happens to be a mastering engineer). From peoples' comparisons, his Paradox mod sounds much more balanced, detailed and more like the HE-500 than MrSpeakers' LCD-2-like Mad Dog which I personally didn't like too much (I also don't like the LCD-2 very much). I'll probably get a Paradox myself down the road as I did like the HE-500 and after seeing so many comparisons between the Paradox and HE-500, I'm convinced that the Paradox is more like the sound I'm looking for.

In other news, since V-MODA still hasn't released their Boom Pro Mic cable, if anyone is interested in such an accessory, Beyerdynamic's equivalent is available now, although it's twice the price. The microphone component is a condenser microphone, it has separate connections for the audio and voice channels, it comes with a 6.3 mm adaptor, and it has technical data and measurements available.
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/media//datenblaetter/DAT_Custom_Headset_Gear_EN.pdf

I have the boom-mic pro already. I like it. I do want to try the Beyer version though. The only problem is that I don't think it will fit into the port of the M-100s. So you'd have to get an adapter, which I'm not sure they make. But the mic on the Beyer is many times nicer. 

As for The Mad Dogs and any variation of the T50RP, it isn't that I dislike the sound, it is that I want an open pair for home use. This is just what I am looking for. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #14,982 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

I have the boom-mic pro already. I like it. I do want to try the Beyer version though. The only problem is that I don't think it will fit into the port of the M-100s. So you'd have to get an adapter, which I'm not sure they make. But the mic on the Beyer is many times nicer. 

As for The Mad Dogs and any variation of the T50RP, it isn't that I dislike the sound, it is that I want an open pair for home use. This is just what I am looking for. 

Oh yeah you bring up a good point about that. I was mainly putting out there in general since people might be interested in the Boom Pro Mic itself for a pair of headphones other than the M-100.

And yeah I just realised that I misread your original post. Mah bad.
If you're considering the HE-500, I would seriously look into an entry Stax unit for not much more (you can find an entry Stax unit for the same price actually). I had the chance to hear a Stax SR-Λ Signature and it sweeps the floor when comparing it to the HE-500, LCD-2, and HD800 from my experience. I'm not even going to bother with those headphones and go straight for the entry Stax unit as my first headphone to break my $300 point of diminishing returns and I've updated my Head-Fi "Want It" list accordingly.

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #14,983 of 23,366
I can never understand why people are so tunnel version on their own views then accused others of the same.  I only posted after reading at least 10 pages of his past posting as I generally don't want to be mean, but that guy really crossed the line this time.

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #14,985 of 23,366
BTW there is a new Father's Day code from V-MODA on LP and M-80 with freebies.  Don't miss out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back