V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 28, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #12,602 of 23,366
Hello everyone,

I know somewhere someone might have asked the same question that im about to ask but i just couldn't find it, too many pages to go through.

I myself own the Vmoda Crossfade LP2 which i absalutely love, and i was wondering if the base of LP2 and the M-100 is the same or the M-100's is lower somewhat? 

Thanks in advance and sorry if someone already asked the same question.

Kind regards,

V-MODA FAN.

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #12,603 of 23,366
Sneak preview of M-100 + VAMP VERZA...  coming soon! 

PS - you can get hi-rez images of all our V-MODA products and logo @ vision.v-moda.com, we are going to add hundreds of more amazing photos soon so keep your eye out.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #12,605 of 23,366

PS - you can get hi-rez images of all our V-MODA products and logo @ vision.v-moda.com, we are going to add hundreds of more amazing photos soon so keep your eye out.

Oooh, orange anodized amp! (Just see the edge of it and a knob against the right edge of the pic)

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #12,606 of 23,366
I mentioned in an earlier post speculating on if V-MODA were to make a new IEM, to engineer every piece of it from the tips to a possibility for customized clip on outer shells. 

Anyways, I failed to realize that V-MODA already offers tips of their own. called "BLISS 3.0". I wonder if they're re-labelled/tweaked (a la GO Dap X -> VERZA), or if they've been engineered by V-MODA?
Does anyone know? They look different from the tips offered with the VIP Faders, so I might just order a set for curiosity sake, along with a 1/4" adapter. I was hoping to get a purple audio only cable but they're oos

EDIT: I was wrong, they're the same as the VIP FADER tips. 

EDIT2: I just ordered a second 1/4" adapter; can never have too many of those laying around, and V-MODA's is particularly well made. Also ordered the ear guides for IEMs, they look better than most stock ear guides. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #12,607 of 23,366
someone with a V-moda M100 should post the earcup dimensions in the Size Matters thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/653032/size-matters-earpad-hole-measurements-for-over-ear-headphones#post_9213203

From what I remember, the depth of the earcup was barely 15mm uncompressed. I think I got it to 17mm with the paper towel mod. Maybe that table of data would finally convince Val that the extremely shallow earcup depth may be a design flaw rather than a requirement to get great unboomy sound. None of the headphones listed are under 20mm earcup depth and many of them have very well-received sound. Just food for thought.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #12,608 of 23,366
Thank "degree" for finding this sweet deal. I am almost afraid to repost it here since it is so legit (and I don't want anyone who already owns it to feel bad). No extra custom shields, and I am not sure about if V-Moda will give you their baller 2-year warranty + 50% immortal life, but Guitar Center is on the list of verified resellers. http://v-moda.com/verified-resellers/ 

V-Moda M-100 for 249.99 + TAX with coupon code 10SPRING

http://www.guitarcenter.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-M-100-108596842-i2844806.gc?esid=108596867

Economy shipping is free (estimated 4-6 days)... and tax jumped up the price to $265 for me.
For people who want a custom shield from V-Moda, that costs $25 + $5 shipping (if your total is under $50).

edit: after reading http://v-moda.com/warranty/, it IS covered by the premier warranty & immortal life program.
"When you buy directly from V-MODA or any of our verified resellers, your product is backed by our unrivaled Premier Warranty."
My experience with V-Moda customer service was pretty incredible, so I think it should be fine :)

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #12,609 of 23,366
So I got a surprise in the mail today...the BoomPro mic came in.  It came in a lot earlier than I expected.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #12,610 of 23,366
Just got informed that my M-100 order was shipped. Can't wait to get it!

I must say V-MODA customer service was a pleasure to deal with. Communication was really good and i didn't have to wait several days to get an answer like with some others. Sweet.

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #12,611 of 23,366
Quote:
Just got informed that my M-100 order was shipped. Can't wait to get it!

I must say V-MODA customer service was a pleasure to deal with. Communication was really good and i didn't have to wait several days to get an answer like with some others. Sweet.

totally agreed, order on sunday, got 2 updates in less than a week!, i also cant wait!, went and bought my self a budget amp too!

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #12,612 of 23,366
Quote:

Nice! You guys always take some really cool-looking photos. I can't wait for the press release photos of the VAMP VERZA.
L3000.gif

I finally got a LOD for my iPhone, and it does make a difference to me. While double amping, the music sounded a little better in terms of the midrange being more forward and the soundstage sounding a bit wider, but with the LOD the music just has another level of clarity. The M-100's sound really good with an iPhone 4S (256 kbps VBR MP3) and the C5 with the FiiO L3. The midrange is brought forward a little, treble smoothed out more so it's not as fatiguing for louder volume levels, bass impact is cleaner, there is the sense of a wider soundstage, and the instruments have more air between them; the sound seems comparable to an O2 using the L3 but with slightly less instrument separation, a bit narrower soundstage, and a slightly more forward midrange.

With the bass boost on, you get a pretty substantial amount of bass. I think it'll satisfy the needs of a basshead for bass rumble, or for road warriors who want a little more oomph in the bass region with the extra outside noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back