V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 30, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #9,843 of 23,366
My biggest hesitance in buying the m100's is also because the m80's are half the price at the moment.  But I am definitely a fan of over the ear and fun sounding cans a lot more which seems to be exactly what the m100's are.

Decisions decisions...

Nov 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #9,844 of 23,366
Quote:
My biggest hesitance in buying the m100's is also because the m80's are half the price at the moment.  But I am definitely a fan of over the ear and fun sounding cans a lot more which seems to be exactly what the m100's are.

Decisions decisions...

I guess it depends on if you want more bass or less bass.  The Bass in the M-80 doesn't extend very deep even if it does have a really hard slam, but the M-100 goes deep into the sub bass and hits even harder.  Excellent for genres where you really can't have too much bass (relatively speaking I guess) but can be a -bit- much for some acoustic music (but still not terrible, just not as good as it could be).

For me personally, given my taste in music, the M-100 is an upgrade.  For others, maybe not.  Depends on what you listen to and what you want, I guess.

Nov 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #9,846 of 23,366
Quote:
I guess it depends on if you want more bass or less bass.  The Bass in the M-80 doesn't extend very deep even if it does have a really hard slam, but the M-100 goes deep into the sub bass and hits even harder.  Excellent for genres where you really can't have too much bass (relatively speaking I guess) but can be a -bit- much for some acoustic music (but still not terrible, just not as good as it could be).

For me personally, given my taste in music, the M-100 is an upgrade.  For others, maybe not.  Depends on what you listen to and what you want, I guess.

Hmm...well i listen to pretty much only EDM and Alternate rock (including stuff like indie rock). How would these headphones do for me? It would definitely do great in edm, but what about the Alt. Rock?

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #9,847 of 23,366
Quote:
How do I return these to V-MODA? Their site is super duper vague on how to use their 60 day guarantee.

Contact their support and they'll handle it for you.
Quote:
Hmm...well i listen to pretty much only EDM and Alternate rock (including stuff like indie rock). How would these headphones do for me? It would definitely do great in edm, but what about the Alt. Rock?

They're okay for rock, but the mids can be a bit unnatural at times for it.  Excellent for EDM though, that makes up a large bulk of my listening time.

Nov 30, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #9,848 of 23,366
Any idea when the next batch will start shipping out?? I heard last week that the production will be over by end of Nov and they will start shipping after that..
beerchug.gif

Nov 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #9,850 of 23,366
So I ordered a pair a while back, but reading all this stuff makes me a bit worried... But then again I mainly listen to edm and a band called tm revolution (not sure what genre) so it should be fine though I may need to order a pair of ad700s (mainly for gaming)

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #9,851 of 23,366
Quote:
So I ordered a pair a while back, but reading all this stuff makes me a bit worried... But then again I mainly listen to edm and a band called tm revolution (not sure what genre) so it should be fine though I may need to order a pair of ad700s (mainly for gaming)

TM Revolution sounds fine though the M-100's even with low bitrate files. I would consider them J-rock or soundtrack (Gundam for example).

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #9,852 of 23,366
Quote:

I'm on the same page. I'm a junglist, so drum and bass is mostly what I listen to, if not a bit of post-metal here and there, but nothing a bit of eqing can't help, so I'm not so worried about my purchase (whenever it gets here)

But I definitely crave neutrality, and MadDogs have piqued my interest enough. I actually love how they look.

That said, the M-100s are decidedly my fun headphone for mobile listening, not critical home listening, or for DJing, considering all the talk of recessed mids. 

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #9,853 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm on the same page. I'm a junglist, so drum and bass is mostly what I listen to, if not a bit of post-metal here and there, but nothing a bit of eqing can't help, so I'm not so worried about my purchase (whenever it gets here)

But I definitely crave neutrality, and MadDogs have piqued my interest enough. I actually love how they look.

That said, the M-100s are decidedly my fun headphone for mobile listening, not critical home listening, or for DJing, considering all the talk of recessed mids. 

They're actually great for DJing, you don't really need much fidelity to do that. :p  All you need is isolation and a basic level of fidelity, and the boosted bass evens out a bit in the loud environment of a club.

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #9,854 of 23,366
Quote:

Jungle!
The M-100's have a REALLY nice rumble with this track:

Also about DJ-ing, I'm not sure if it matters to you, but the earcups don't pivot at all so it might be kind of awkward to have one earcup on your ear at a time.
For example, it's hard for me to take phone calls with one earcup on my ears since the whole headphone ends up sliding off my head or twisting awkwardly.

Also this sounds really great through the M-100's (it's another Dj CUTMAN song):
http://epk.djcutman.com/fm-funk-after-hours

Dec 1, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #9,855 of 23,366
Quote:
They're actually great for DJing, you don't really need much fidelity to do that. :p  All you need is isolation and a basic level of fidelity, and the boosted bass evens out a bit in the loud environment of a club.

I was counting on that being a big plus, especially on busses and subways, but in all honesty, I prefer a more even response when monitoring in headphones. Personal preference. If I can't hear the mix 'right' in my headphone, then I won't feel confident with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back