V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #8,942 of 23,366
Enhancing the bass through an amp just to get something "like" the LP2's is not the answer when you can just buy the LP2's. That or look for a heavier basshead can instead of attempting to heavily modify the sound signature through amping.

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #8,944 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey Anyone used the m100s for the gym/working out or for running? How are they and do you think they could withstand some moisture and sweat and are even comfortable to work out in? 

From my experience/impressions/review post.

While exercising on the other hand (I was walking home up a big 'ol hill, wearing 3 layers of clothing and a backpack with textbooks and a MacBook):
  1. The earpads get really hot really easily
  2. As BRSxIgnition mentioned, as you wear the M-100 for long periods, the earpads get compressed and so they provide less cushion. As a result...the top of my ear was hard-pressed against the driver enclosure and I didn't notice the pain until I sat down and pried the headphones off my ears. Even after an hour of rest, my ears were still quite sensitive to the pain. :/
  3. Ewww sweaty earpads, good thing it's easy to wipe off.

To confirm the road warrior-ness of the M-100, I present to you the M-100's in heavy rainy weather (20+ minutes of standing/walking in heavy rain):

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #8,945 of 23,366
Quote:
From my experience/impressions/review post.

While exercising on the other hand (I was walking home up a big 'ol hill, wearing 3 layers of clothing and a backpack with textbooks and a MacBook):
  1. The earpads get really hot really easily
  2. As BRSxIgnition mentioned, as you wear the M-100 for long periods, the earpads get compressed and so they provide less cushion. As a result...the top of my ear was hard-pressed against the driver enclosure and I didn't notice the pain until I sat down and pried the headphones off my ears. Even after an hour of rest, my ears were still quite sensitive to the pain. :/
  3. Ewww sweaty earpads, good thing it's easy to wipe off.

To confirm the road warrior-ness of the M-100, I present to you the M-100's in heavy rainy weather (20+ minutes of standing/walking in heavy rain):

do you have any suggestion for my question earlier? you seem to be the most helpful, and it also helps alot since you actually have the m100's already

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #8,946 of 23,366
Quote:

Nice haha. Walking through the remnants of sandy, my black ones stood up valiantly (of course with military grade testing that's naturally. These headphones are ones that I feel pretty comfortable in heavy weather.

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #8,947 of 23,366
do you have any suggestion for my question earlier? you seem to be the most helpful, and it also helps alot since you actually have the m100's already

For the amp question it depends on what you want to improve.

For me personally I wanted to have bass purr on my portable setup which is my iPhone 4 and my M-100 so I bought a Zo2.

It's just kind of difficult as you haven't heard the M-100's yet but I hope I helped you out a bit.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #8,949 of 23,366
Quote:
So the M-100s can't produce thumping bass without an amp? Not crazy boom boom bass, but like, pronounced bass without muddled mids and whatnot (pertaining to r&b music and movies and immersive gaming).

Now now, it may not be basshead booms, but the bass is definitely pronounced while hitting cleanly. It really makes bass heavy songs that much more fun while not bleeding into the midrange. For extra purr you can get that from an amp like Arion did, but idk if anyone has an LP2 to compare with in terms of bass hit at the moment.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #8,950 of 23,366
So the M-100s can't produce thumping bass without an amp? Not crazy boom boom bass, but like, pronounced bass without muddled mids and whatnot (pertaining to r&b music and movies and immersive gaming).

They produce the punch/thump just fine out of an IPhone. It's just that with my desktop setup I exprienced purring which is the really deep down rumble that I find really satisfying for electronic and bassy music but I didn't get that with my iPhone so I bought a ZO2 so I could perfectly tune the bass to my liking to get the purring I desired.

The bass still goes deep with an iPhone but its not as deep as it goes with an amp and with the iPhone 4 you don't get the purring. But with my brief testing with the iPhone 5 the bass seemed to be boomier and might produce purring with the right songs.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #8,952 of 23,366
Quote:
For the amp question it depends on what you want to improve.
For me personally I wanted to have bass purr on my portable setup which is my iPhone 4 and my M-100 so I bought a Zo2.
It's just kind of difficult as you haven't heard the M-100's yet but I hope I helped you out a bit.

and yes i want to improve the bass in terms that will make the whole headphone shake

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #8,953 of 23,366
and yes i want to improve the bass in terms that will make the whole headphone shake

I don't think you will get that with the cmoyBB.

I have heard great things about those amps especially at their price point but you really can't beat the ZO2 as far as bass boosting is concerned (or at least I haven't heard anything that beats its bass boost).

Just keep looking around at reviews and see if you will be happy with the cmoy as far as bass boost is concerned and if it doesn't seem like the right amp for you maybe look into a preowned ZO2 on here.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #8,954 of 23,366
I mentioned this in a previous post but it was never answered.
If I choose to get the M100s over the M80s for computer listening and through my SGS 3, what amp would be best? Are their amps available for this phone that like with ipods, would access the digital out instead of relying on headphone out? Does this affect sound quality?

Also, I've only ever had 2 headphones but want something that will blow me away compared with the ones I own.
Would I notice a massive difference in sound quality over say the PX100 iis I use in a day to day basis or is that just a stupid question?
The only other headphone I've had has been the Koss Portapros and I found the sound to be less detailed than the Pxs.

One last question. The M100s now available for pre-order on the site, are they now the finals we will expect to roll out and should be available at Amazon UK soon after in December? I'm seriously hoping before Christmas.

Thanks all

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #8,955 of 23,366
the M-100s are the best ear muffs ever. We got snow recently and these just are just the thing to keep you're ears warm, especially when you got something good jamming in your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back