V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 1, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #2,688 of 23,366
Quote:

I think it would be better for a piano black finish if used with dark Mahogany cups just to make it look even classier.

omg yes <3

Jul 1, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2,692 of 23,366
Quote:
Since we're back on Paris (seems to be a ubiquitous enough trope)...

Paris playing spy in her V-Modas...

Oh crap!  Is she an official representative of V-Moda?

Last, but not least...

I have a renewed interest in Paris.  She's lookin so good in her pink V-Modas I have decided to get a pair of M-100's for the wife.  That pink/black combo you just posted is sweet!

Jul 1, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #2,693 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah - they're better than LP2's and M-80's for isolation, but no comment on comparing to other brands.

OK, I was just curious as I read somewhere that the LP2 had poor isolation 
confused_face.gif

Jul 1, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #2,694 of 23,366
Quote:
Oh crap!  Is she an official representative of V-Moda?

RE DJ/ENDORSER POLICY
Ok, since everybody is asking me about Paris lately, here is my response and then let's refocus back to M-100 which had its live debut last night.  

In line with my "no fugazi" philosophy, we don't pay celebrities to wear our products so we have no "official" representatives at all except for underground king, Erick Morillo.  In the interest of full disclosure, he is part owner of Ear Armor which makes V-MODA Faders.  Crossfade LP/LP2 is becoming industry standard in the music/Hollywood and DJ scene, much like the Pioneer equipment she was using in the above picture.  At this point, most of the top DJs in the world use V-MODA unless they are paid off or are creatures of habit and prefer coiled cables or MDR-V700-like swivels. 

I live in LA, so it's only natural that we've ran into each through the years, have partied and are friends. In fact, if you know me, I have hundreds of cool stories with well known people.  I once helped Harrison Ford move his airplanes in his hanger, one time Jason Stathom was the only guy to show up at a pool party I hosted full of girls.... name almost anybody and I probably have had some run-in, even Dr. Dre stopped by my house a few months ago.  Ok, that's enough name-dropping for more than a lifetime. 

I'm not sure how she got these headphones but I didn't give her those and was shocked as I never saw them until pics showed up. I personally don't like any object "crystalized", but we do support customs and individual expression. She can afford any headphone in the world, so like her Ferrari, Bentley and Lexus cars, its only natural she'd choose the highest-end and industry standard products.  

Ok, that is all I have to say about that...  back 2 biz:

M-100 DEBUT W/ITALIAN PRODUCER EDX
So, EDX and I used the first M-100 for the first time last night at a club named Vessel.  Remind me to tell you the full story later, but it is history repeating itself as we happened to be staying at the same hotel on the SAME FLOOR AS CROSSFADE LPS DEBUT 2.5 YRS AGO W ANOTHER DJ (GUESS WHO).  The story gets MUCH stranger, so grab some popcorn. It was an amazing night to remember and we got lots of cool video and feedback on M-100's sound live.        

To be continued...

M-100 DEBUT::

-v

Jul 1, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #2,695 of 23,366
Did you say Dr. Dre?
Maybe he stopped by to watch how to make proper headphones XD

BTW, you wrote in a post from about a month ago to remind you to tell us how Stevie Wonder helped you with the M80s. I'd love to hear that and the Dr. Dre story!

Jul 1, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #2,697 of 23,366
Quote:
BTW, you wrote in a post from about a month ago to remind you to tell us how Stevie Wonder helped you with the M80s. I'd love to hear that and the Dr. Dre story!

yes, over 50 people helped give me feedback and tune the Crossfade series.  The Stevie Wonder story perhaps is the best of all, it is long though so I'll take the time to type it out tomorrow.  He is a HUGE M-80 and V-MODA fan and it was an amazing and special dinner.

Jul 1, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #2,698 of 23,366
Will be interesting if M100 can become a new DJ can favorite. At least in europe especially Pioneer HDJ-2000 (a bit overpriced if you ask me) and also Sennheiser HD25-II are very popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back