V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #2,657 of 23,366
Quote:
I found myself in a similar situation on another thread and both parties want to get in the last word.  Just a suggestion, please resolve through PM if you can't let this go.

Don't worry - I'm stopping. 

Can't wait for the next update from Val though - it better include pictures.. 
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #2,660 of 23,366
How about some wood plates instead of metal :p  IDK how many people like wood here.  Depending on color, type, etc, it might be a really nice compliment to the metal.

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #2,663 of 23,366
Quote:
How about some wood plates instead of metal :p  IDK how many people like wood here.  Depending on color, type, etc, it might be a really nice compliment to the metal.

Wood works on certain headphone styles, but I don't think it would work on the M-100's industrial-style body... 

Plus, wouldn't wooden plates deteriorate faster?

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #2,664 of 23,366
Quote:
I'd also like to see some wood... oh wait, i already have some.

whoops.

You have wood plates for the LP or M80s?  Really?  Lucky.  *Goes to buy some wood blocks and does some manual labor :p*

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #2,665 of 23,366
Quote:
Wood works on certain headphone styles, but I don't think it would work on the M-100's industrial-style body... 

Plus, wouldn't wooden plates deteriorate faster?

Depends on how it's done.  It can actually look good in a matted metal setting.  Black matte + darkwood or white matte + light wood. Then you subtly carve the V-Moda "‾‾\/‾‾" into it :D

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #2,667 of 23,366
Depends on how it's done.  It can actually look good in a matted metal setting.  Black matte + darkwood or white matte + light wood. Then you subtly carve the V-Moda "‾‾\/‾‾" into it :D

Maybe as a premium option, sounds like it could please a lot of people who want that style.

I don't mind the industrial/future feeling of the regulars though. I'm just hoping for these colors:

Black Matte
White + Matte Teal
Shadow

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #2,668 of 23,366
Quote:
I think wooden plates would actually look pretty cool. I'm imagining light wood with a silver/chrome finish on the metal.

That would look sick :)  How about a dark Mahogany for the black (matte or metalic/shadow)? 

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #2,670 of 23,366
Wood is an interesting idea but quite a bit of care would need to be taken for it to look right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back