V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 14, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #22,171 of 23,366
I own and love a pair of Z7 so bass is OK
wink.gif

Depending on wind noise (I live in a windy area) these would be my portable alternative. I am currently using a pair of Sony 100AAP but I think I would enjoy the bigger bass of the M100 more.

wind noise is meh.... I found them a somewhat problematic for that

Dec 15, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #22,172 of 23,366
The XL pads deal with wind noise better than stock. And Microsoft still has the limited edition Phantom Chrome M-100 for $149.99.

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #22,173 of 23,366
The XL pads deal with wind noise better than stock. And Microsoft still has the limited edition Phantom Chrome M-100 for $149.99.

That's the deal that @dweaver was talking about (thanks buddy!). What is surprising is that us Canucks almost always get gouged with the exchange rate, but at the microsoft canada store they are $149.99CAD instead of $149.99US (which would have worked out to almost $200CAD). So $149.99CAD (which includes shipping) is rather amazing for us.

I didn't know hardly anything about them until today, but after reading and watching a lot of reviews, I'm quite stoked about them. My hope is that they isolate well enough for the gym. But even if they don't, I'll probably love them.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #22,174 of 23,366
I didn't realize the sale was online I thought my local store just had excess stock lol.

Best deal I have seen in Canada in over 2 years. The last good deals I have seen here were the Sony XBA3 a few years ago. And a few lucky IE80/ie800 buyers last year on BF but the stock was so limited the deal was hardly worth it.

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #22,175 of 23,366
Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UPGRADING HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER

Enjoy the Next Gen of V-MODA  Headphones
With the renewed Immortal Life Program
 ​

HOW DOES IT WORK?
 ​
Trade V-MODA earbuds/in-ear headphones​
= 50% off towards a new pair of Zn​

Trade Crossfade V-80/M-80/XS
= 50% off towards a new pair of  XS
Trade Crossfade LP/LP2
= 50% off towards a new pair of Crossfade LP2
Trade Crossfade M-100
= 50% off towards a new pair of Crossfade M-100

TRADE ANY V-MODA HEADPHONES AND
UPGRADE TO CROSSFADE WIRELESS
 ​
Trade your old V-MODA headphones*
= coupon worth 50% of the actual headphones value
to be used on a new pair of Crossfade Wireless

*Headphones must be currently on sale and in stock at V-MODA.com

Examples:
Trade your Crossfade LP2 
= receive a $85 coupon on Crossfade Wireless​

Trade your XS 
= receive a $100 coupon on Crossfade Wireless
Trade your Crossfade M-100
= receive a $135 coupon on Crossfade Wireless

​
670c89a8-0195-4f3f-a3fd-b4c6ef2eb5a0.jpg

e27292e1-2452-4b74-b1e3-3f7a69a88494.jpg

Those are gorgeous.

I just purchased the wired Crossfade M-100 Phantom Chrome edition version. But, I have been getting interested in wireless headphones, and I have a feeling that I might become a vmoda fanboy. Could I take advantage of the upgrade offer? And if so, how long does it go on for?

Thanks

Dec 15, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #22,176 of 23,366
Ok wind noise is actually less than I thought it would be so far. Isolation is average.

Sound wise I am enjoying the signature. The bass is really nice and the mids are clear and not recessed so far. If anything I find they have a bit of a bump in the upper mids and neutral lower mids so Loreena McKennitt sounded a bit to loud on some tracks. Treble is nice a sparkly without being harsh or fatiguing so far. Hopefully the mids settle down just a bit with use.

I'm with Wayne in regards to wondering about the wireless models and your trade up program because these sound brilliant and a wireless model might be just what the doctor ordered :).

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #22,177 of 23,366
So the XL pads help with wind, that's good to know. How do they change the sound? I have seen posts where some feel they increase the bass which I hope is not the case. They certainly look more comfortable.

Dec 16, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #22,178 of 23,366
So the XL pads help with wind, that's good to know. How do they change the sound? I have seen posts where some feel they increase the bass which I hope is not the case. They certainly look more comfortable.

Sorry, there definitely is an increase in bass :/  Though, when out and about, that could actually be useful.  

Dec 16, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #22,179 of 23,366
Hmmm, Is the bass bigger or the midrange and treble slightly less due to the speakers being further away from the ear or is it just more bass?

I will have to compare these to my Z7 closely. The Z7 or pretty bass oriented as well and have a big cushion so might give me an idea of what the M100 with XL pads might be like. Does anyone have experience with the Z7 and the M100?

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #22,180 of 23,366
Hmmm, Is the bass bigger or the midrange and treble slightly less due to the speakers being further away from the ear or is it just more bass?

I will have to compare these to my Z7 closely. The Z7 or pretty bass oriented as well and have a big cushion so might give me an idea of what the M100 with XL pads might be like. Does anyone have experience with the Z7 and the M100?

I actually forget the answer to this one.  If memory serves (which it really isn't), I would want to say you get a tad bit of both.  But my memory isn't serving me too well right now.  I think someone else could probably answer this question for you with more accuracy :p  

Dec 16, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #22,181 of 23,366
If anyone has a pair of XL pads they don't like and want to sell them PM me as I would be interested in giving them a try.

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #22,182 of 23,366

I've always wondered about that, too, and if these pads will reduce the sensitivity of the M-100 by a couple of dB. I've personally never had any major comfort issues with the M-100 and have no need for the XL pads.

Also, several months ago I listened to a pair of Z7s at a local Hi-Fi shop, and am happy to say that my M-100s blew them away in terms of low-end sub-bass, sensitivity, and overall sound quality. (At least in terms of my tastes.)

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #22,183 of 23,366
I am enjoying the M100 the way it is as well but am curious to see what the difference is between the pads so am going to give them a try.

I still have my Z7 and love their sound but am going to do an A/B comparison on the weekend because I do think the M100 may be resolving.

When I get a pair of the XL pads (already have a pair lined up actually) I will give full comparison analysis between the stock pads and them as well.

One thing I can say is I don't regret buying the M100 even as I had to sell some other headphones to afford them and reduce my collection.

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #22,184 of 23,366

This dude comments on the XL pads at about the 4:00 minute mark.

And then there is this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/691002/unofficial-v-moda-xl-pads-thread

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #22,185 of 23,366
I am enjoying the M100 the way it is as well but am curious to see what the difference is between the pads so am going to give them a try.

I still have my Z7 and love their sound but am going to do an A/B comparison on the weekend because I do think the M100 may be resolving.

When I get a pair of the XL pads (already have a pair lined up actually) I will give full comparison analysis between the stock pads and them as well.

One thing I can say is I don't regret buying the M100 even as I had to sell some other headphones to afford them and reduce my collection.

I'm glad you are enjoying them dweaver! I will be very interested in your XL pad analysis. Before getting the XL pads though, I'm gonna burn in the M100's for a good while first, and also possibly try the "rolled paper towel" trick if I find my ears touching the drivers. And then I'll probably just end up getting the XL pads lol.

One thing you wrote is that the m100's isolation is about on par with the 100aap's isolation. That's a bit of a bummer for me because I had high hopes for using these at the gym. Still, I'm stoked to get them! One thing for sure is that they look pretty darned cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back