V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 20, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #22,066 of 23,366
  I think the M-100 were designed to be used without glasses as when I wear my glasses over the headphones (looking quite odd in the process 
etysmile.gif
) they are immensly more comfortable and when the fitment is right very much so, along with the obvious improvement in sub-bass.

I adapt my choice of frames for my glasses to my headphone addiction:

only +/- .5mm thickness of titanium, so far I haven't encountered any headphones that these frames caused problems with... (I even brought my M100 into the shop to test for compatibility when I went to shop for glasses)

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #22,068 of 23,366
  Static electricity. I've seen posts about it in this thread a good many times. I've only experienced it once in nearly two years with them.

Luckily this hasn't happened to me, yet, but this talk is kinda worrying me a little. Considering how much amp power (with throbbing low-end sub-bass) I usually run to my M-100s, how bad will this physical shock be if and when this happens to me?

I hope it isn't like, "Throb, throb, throb, throb, throb, (happily bobbing my head) throb, throb, throb, throb, throb, throb, throb, throb, BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,............................(dead)........................."

eek.gif

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #22,069 of 23,366

Static electricity. I've seen posts about it in this thread a good many times. I've only experienced it once in nearly two years with them.

Luckily this hasn't happened to me, yet, but this talk is kinda worrying me a little. Considering how much amp power (with throbbing low-end sub-bass) I usually run to my M-100s, how bad will this physical shock be if and when this happens to me?

I hope it isn't like, "Throb, throb, throb, throb, throb, (happily bobbing my head) throb, throb, throb, throb, throb, throb, throb, throb, BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,............................(dead)........................."

:eek:

Nope. The electricity doesn't come from the headphone, it comes from static electricity your body builds up. Your headphones just happen to be a good place to be shocked, because physics.

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #22,070 of 23,366
  Considering how much amp power (with throbbing low-end sub-bass) I usually run to my M-100s (...)

I think you overestimate the power by quite a margin...

There are amps I would not recommend touching the speaker taps though:
http://www.powersoft-audio.com/en/touring/k-series#K10

I use some of these to power the sub arrays for live concerts. And yes, I've seen them going into red.

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #22,071 of 23,366
Have dipped in and out of this thread.. any dates thrown about yet for the M-100 master editions? Still limited to 500 (if I remember) units?

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #22,072 of 23,366
Guys, what is this???

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/V-MODA-Crossfade-M-100-Headphones-Phantom-Chrome/productID.323674600?icid=FY16_Holiday_BF_Pre_ModF_All_VMODAPhantomChrome

It seems legit because it's the microsoft store, but i haven't found any official announcements about these. Also, it goes on sale on 11/26 for 150$, instant buy for me already if these were legit.

Nov 21, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #22,073 of 23,366
The electricity doesn't come from the headphone, it comes from static electricity your body builds up. Your headphones just happen to be a good place to be shocked, because physics.

Phew! Looks like my worries were a bit overblown, then. I can feel more relaxed now when bobbing my head to the beat.... 
beyersmile.png

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #22,074 of 23,366
  Have dipped in and out of this thread.. any dates thrown about yet for the M-100 master editions? Still limited to 500 (if I remember) units?

Last I heard from Val, they scrapped the Master Editions and shifted their focus to the Crossfade Wireless, Zn and Forza.

Nov 22, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #22,075 of 23,366

I adapt my choice of frames for my glasses to my headphone addiction:

only +/- .5mm thickness of titanium, so far I haven't encountered any headphones that these frames caused problems with... (I even brought my M100 into the shop to test for compatibility when I went to shop for glasses)

lol This could be part of my decision to switch to contacts.

___

Not a big deal but I notice a decompression sound in the pads when I put on the XL pads. Does anyone else notice this?

Nov 22, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #22,076 of 23,366
  Last I heard from Val, they scrapped the Master Editions and shifted their focus to the Crossfade Wireless, Zn and Forza.

I see, thanks for the info.  Will probably grab the crossfade wireless in that case, although i do like the look of the Aira... 

Nov 23, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #22,077 of 23,366

UPGRADING HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER

Enjoy the Next Gen of V-MODA  Headphones
With the renewed Immortal Life Program
 ​

HOW DOES IT WORK?
 ​
Trade V-MODA earbuds/in-ear headphones​
= 50% off towards a new pair of Zn​

Trade Crossfade V-80/M-80/XS
= 50% off towards a new pair of  XS
Trade Crossfade LP/LP2
= 50% off towards a new pair of Crossfade LP2
Trade Crossfade M-100
= 50% off towards a new pair of Crossfade M-100

TRADE ANY V-MODA HEADPHONES AND
UPGRADE TO CROSSFADE WIRELESS
 ​
Trade your old V-MODA headphones*
= coupon worth 50% of the actual headphones value
to be used on a new pair of Crossfade Wireless

*Headphones must be currently on sale and in stock at V-MODA.com

Examples:
Trade your Crossfade LP2 
= receive a $85 coupon on Crossfade Wireless​

Trade your XS 
= receive a $100 coupon on Crossfade Wireless
Trade your Crossfade M-100
= receive a $135 coupon on Crossfade Wireless

​
670c89a8-0195-4f3f-a3fd-b4c6ef2eb5a0.jpg

e27292e1-2452-4b74-b1e3-3f7a69a88494.jpg

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #22,078 of 23,366
Hello,

I posted a while ago about a pair of cracked heaphones that have been sent in for repairs 2 times and cracked again. I got a replacement pair for free even though my headphones were out of warranty. Great customer service I must say. Upon receiving my new headphones the left ear doesn't work (tried different sources) and the right ear is flimsy on it's plastic axles; it shakes from left to right. I'm pleased with the quality of the customer service but I'm left unimpressed by the quality of their headphones. Plastic is cheap, not resistant and cracks over time. Having a brand new item that doesn't work reflects a lack of quality control on a premium item that comes with it's premium price. I'm bummed.

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #22,079 of 23,366
Hello,

I posted a while ago about a pair of cracked heaphones that have been sent in for repairs 2 times and cracked again. I got a replacement pair for free even though my headphones were out of warranty. Great customer service I must say. Upon receiving my new headphones the left ear doesn't work (tried different sources) and the right ear is flimsy on it's plastic axles; it shakes from left to right. I'm pleased with the quality of the customer service but I'm left unimpressed by the quality of their headphones. Plastic is cheap, not resistant and cracks over time. Having a brand new item that doesn't work reflects a lack of quality control on a premium item that comes with it's premium price. I'm bummed.

That sounds like you're having a bad time.
Knowing that he might one day get a pair of working M100s fills you with Determination."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back