V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #17,116 of 23,366
I'm not going to lie, if the XS is as rumoured, I'm buying one. I'm pretty sure I can get a decent discount on it. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #17,117 of 23,366
A mere 40 minutes ago in Gramercy, NYC I got stopped on the street by a stylish, dark figure in an Italian-cut suit. Upon removing my M-100s and slinging them around my neck I received a simple compliment regarding my beloved headgear.

"Nice headphones, man!"

My monosyllabic response, uttered with more than just hint of surprise, was, "Val!" and I was suddenly shaking the hand of V-MODA's CVO. Around my neck was a crowd-sourced brainchild forged from these very forums and made a reality by the man standing in front of me. And around his neck was a curiosity. It was small and familiar, yet strange and exciting. Was I peering at a matte black M-80 with folding hinges and an orange cable? Or was I looking at something else entirely?

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #17,118 of 23,366
Hello, I have seen a lot of your very nice eye catching logo designs for the m-100 shields. I would love if someone can help me make one. Like an ant head wearing a headphone and a v-moda word in the bottom. I really hope someone can help me.... Thank you so much

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #17,119 of 23,366
A mere 40 minutes ago in Gramercy, NYC I got stopped on the street by a stylish, dark figure in an Italian-cut suit. Upon removing my M-100s and slinging them around my neck I received a simple compliment regarding my beloved headgear.

"Nice headphones, man!"

My monosyllabic response, uttered with more than just hint of surprise, was, "Val!" and I was suddenly shaking the hand of V-MODA's CVO. Around my neck was a crowd-sourced brainchild forged from these very forums and made a reality by the man standing in front of me. And around his neck was a curiosity. It was small and familiar, yet strange and exciting. Was I peering at a matte black M-80 with folding hinges and an orange cable? Or was I looking at something else entirely?

Hahah that's a cool story.

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #17,120 of 23,366

"Nice headphones, man!"

Val's a nice guy, ain't he?

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #17,121 of 23,366

"Nice headphones, man!"

Miracles like this do happen O.o. Well, I'll be.

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #17,122 of 23,366
certainly hope so! 

plus better isolation!!!! 

it can be like the dt1350 (comfortable, on ear but great isolation) wonder whats in those pads? its so thin

Bingo, that's why I can't bring myself to get m100s even though I love the design and 'fun' sig they promise. I still might.. But my dt1350 still tick all the boxes apart from slightly less good looking (IMO)

Dt1350 are no slouch when it comes tk bass either especially now that I'm driving them with Fiio X3 and a tiny but of the hardware bass eq. Going deep is important too (that's what she said)

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #17,124 of 23,366
Great to read the feedback.

CanJam - XS/M-100 Launches
For those that went to CanJam, I apologize I could not make it. Our new product XS is launching and I was just to stressed with all the photos/videos necessary.  We are also making a video for M-100 that is behind schedule, it is going to be unbelievable. Most exciting, however is that our V-MODA Milano office opened and it is right next to wear Leonardo Da Vinci worked as a civil and military engineer!.

What is the XS? All I can find on it is a placeholder on a retailer's website:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1008402-REG/v_moda_xs_u_mblackm_xs_matte_black_metal.html

Is it an on-ear model? IEM? Perhaps some clip-ons? Very curious about this one.

And now the link is dead. 

Hey, B&H Photo is in NYC -- where SpiderNhan met Val.  Could there be a connection?  Maybe the CVO whispered to them, 'Soon..." 

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #17,125 of 23,366

"Nice headphones, man!"

Me reading your post....

popcorn.gif

Awesome... You should have snuck in a pic with him to get the new cans in there... And no, I'm not talking about you arms
wink.gif
... #SleevesR4chumps

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #17,128 of 23,366
Thought this article was interesting;

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-300ish-headphone/

Thanks for the link- one of the best headphone comparison articles I have read, although I thought the M-100 would fare better.  The "winner", M4U1, It is an excellent headphone, but I still prefer the M-100.  The bass of the M-100 in particular is superior.  Both have compararable mids.  Highs do extend further on the M4U1.  Style, portability and comfort (with XL pads) also go to the M-100.

The only headphone of the group I am not familiar with is the B&W P7.  Based on the description, it may give the M-100 a run for its money, but it is also $100 more.

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #17,129 of 23,366
Thanks for the link- one of the best headphone comparison articles I have read, although I thought the M-100 would fare better.  The "winner", M4U1, It is an excellent headphone, but I still prefer the M-100.  The bass of the M-100 in particular is superior.  Both have compararable mids.  Highs do extend further on the M4U1.  Style, portability and comfort (with XL pads) also go to the M-100.

The only headphone of the group I am not familiar with is the B&W P7.  Based on the description, it may give the M-100 a run for its money, but it is also $100 more.

Welcome, yeah one of the better reviews I've read too. Lots of effort into collating the thoughts of different reviewers. I currently own the Momentums and M100's but will admit I am extremely curious about the P7's. I've never heard the cans that they classed as the winning headphone and based on their comparisons, they may not be my cup of tea if they are flatter than the Momentums. To me the perfect headphone would be the beautiful instrument separation and mids of the Momentum's with a marginally brighter top end and bigger soundstage, with the bass quality and speed of the M100's along with their portability and robust build. There is a possibility the P7's may be just that based on what I am reading, except I would say they are as delicate as the Momentums.

Oct 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #17,130 of 23,366
Welcome, yeah one of the better reviews I've read too. Lots of effort into collating the thoughts of different reviewers. I currently own the Momentums and M100's but will admit I am extremely curious about the P7's. I've never heard the cans that they classed as the winning headphone and based on their comparisons, they may not be my cup of tea if they are flatter than the Momentums. To me the perfect headphone would be the beautiful instrument separation and mids of the Momentum's with a marginally brighter top end and bigger soundstage, with the bass quality and speed of the M100's along with their portability and robust build. There is a possibility the P7's may be just that based on what I am reading, except I would say they are as delicate as the Momentums.

I totally get you on this and I am a fan of B&W too so the P7 interests me.  However, the B&W sound sig is really not for everyone, especially for their portable stuff, which is heavy on bass and trebles at the same time.  I think I will get the P7 when it is out either in the Apple Store or with Amazon, but my current priority is the XLR version of the Alpha Dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back