V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 2, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #901 of 1,160

I'm picking up  a pair of CFW in a few days and I'm really excited to test them out. I liked the M-100s sound signature and build of the headphones, so I take these a a good option?

Unfortunately, they don't sell V-modas in any store here in Finland :/

I wouldn't say the sound signature is identical by any means to the m-100 and even less so on bluetooth mode.  What I can say is I enjoy the sound wired and in bluetooth mode.

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #904 of 1,160
  I'm picking up  a pair of CFW in a few days and I'm really excited to test them out. I liked the M-100s sound signature and build of the headphones, so I take these a a good option?

If you like the M100s, you'll definitely like the CFW.  Slightly better treble extension and the mids are slightly more forward, but the overall signature is quite similar to the M100, especially in wired mode.

Mar 2, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #905 of 1,160

I would say they have a little more treble extension - but i my opinion overall they are quiet similar with fun bass performance.

Quote:

If you like the M100s, you'll definitely like the CFW.  Slightly better treble extension and the mids are slightly more forward, but the overall signature is quite similar to the M100, especially in wired mode.

Great, that's good to hear. In my opinion the mids are the weak point of the M-100s and I'm really loving the bass (just like most of people seem to do as well). The CFW might just be my cup of tea then.

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #906 of 1,160
Thats why i was surprised with Tyll from innerfidelity because he liked the M-100s and the CFW adressed some of the issues of the M-100 and still he ddint recommended the CFW for music.

Mar 2, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #907 of 1,160
Thats why i was surprised with Tyll from innerfidelity because he liked the M-100s and the CFW adressed some of the issues of the M-100 and still he ddint recommended the CFW for music.

Well to be fair, when you're on bluetooth, they don't sound nearly as good as wired.  Just like every other bluetooth headphone known to man, so that's not really a surprise.  So if Tyll was recommending based on the bluetooth, then he likely is punishing V-MODA for that.  Either way, the CFW is a fantastic headphone, so you can't go wrong if you like the M-100 sound.  That's all there is to it really.

Mar 2, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #909 of 1,160
Just like the others have said they sound pretty close, they still have that same v-moda sound signature... they just aren't identical.  On bluetooth mode they don't sound NEARLY as good as wired in my opinion.  I think you'll still like them a lot based on your comments... I would just hate to tell someone they sound exactly the same when they don't.  If you A/B them to a pair of m-100's you'll notice some differences for sure but they aren't extreme. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #912 of 1,160
http://imgur.com/Zqv6DEF
http://imgur.com/OCOXp45

I just noticed the plastic connectors have split open on both sides.The front of the headphones have not split. Any idea why this is happening and if there is a fix? 
I primarily use them for gaming and of course listening to music mostly in my house. Sometimes I take them outside when I walk home from the bus. I am only outside for about 5 minutes and the lowest it's been has been about -15C -  -10C. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #913 of 1,160
It's a known problem with early batches. Email V-MODA and include those pics and they'll replace them for you.

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #915 of 1,160
Yeah, pretty much the same but a bit heavier due to the added electronics. I got used to the clamping force and they eased up a bit over the first two weeks. I use the xl pads but its still not the most comfortable experience. I do use them when working out and for that purpose i find the tightness to actually help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back