V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Feb 27, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #2,311 of 2,828
They were $85 "used" on Amazon 3 days ago. I'm thinking it was a pricing mistake, or it could have been a "lightning warehouse deal".

How are you finding the initial comfort?

Regardless, after a year and a half on debating whether or not I should buy a pair, I finally have some black M80s.

They sound pretty damn good. Sound stage could be bigger as I'm use to open 'phones, but they're semi-closed so it's no biggie. Still have to formulate my opinion of them over the next couple of days, but the signature is sure winning me over.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #2,312 of 2,828
I got them also for $84 also, i like the sound very much that i want to use them with my desktop also, they were initially for mobile purpose.

can someone post a link for a long audio cable, i would like to use this new M80 with my Desktop, looking maybe for 2 feet audio cord, i am afraid to buy the wrong audio M/M audio cord.

Thanks 

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #2,313 of 2,828
It's just a standard 3.5mm plug on the M-80's end, so almost anything will work really... Unless you're trying to retain mic functionality at the desktop or something. Aren't the stock cables longer than two feet anyway? Monoprice.com has a nice variety of lengths/thickness etc.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #2,314 of 2,828
Quote:
I got them also for $84 also, i like the sound very much that i want to use them with my desktop also, they were initially for mobile purpose.

can someone post a link for a long audio cable, i would like to use this new M80 with my Desktop, looking maybe for 2 feet audio cord, i am afraid to buy the wrong audio M/M audio cord.

Thanks 

Or you could just go straight to the source.

http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #2,315 of 2,828
Well yeah, I just assumed he wanted something different or shorter/longer...

Their stock cables are pretty nice IMO, cloth sleeved isn't for everyone but the 45° plugs and separated mic/button capsules are perfect for mobile use. It's silly how many portable headphones ship with woefully inadequate cables that aren't even removable.

I use my M-80 a lot with a 4-6" cable that goes into a clip-on BT receiver, love the versatility of the removable cable.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #2,316 of 2,828
So back then I said I didn't hear the difference between the vents being covered. I used tape and it was not quick enough for me to do an A/B  between open and closed. Using your fingers works too. So I was able to hear the difference. To me, vocals had slightly less lower-ness so it sounded crisper. It was also a smaller sound stage. It was not a big difference, but it was there.

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #2,317 of 2,828
Quote:
Or you could just go straight to the source.

http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

I need something as good but longer, to use with the Desktop.

Do you think this cable will fit?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008JH4MPA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1O44Z2C3OZAM9

or this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008JH72IO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1O44Z2C3OZAM9

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #2,320 of 2,828
I bought a pair of M-80 truebloods on amazon recently, where I was impressed with the sound across multiple genres, I wasn't impressed with the excessive creaking of metal and loosening of the screws attached to my right cup. Would these be warning signs that my headphones coul break?

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #2,321 of 2,828
Loosening of the screws? The ones that hold the shields? I can't remember if there's any other visible screws... I've seen a couple people mention their cups squeaked a bit when turned but what you're describing sounds excessive.

One of the cups on mine clicks a bit when I turn it while it's not on my head but once they're on they feel very solid and I can't detect any creakyness.

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #2,322 of 2,828
Quote:
Loosening of the screws? The ones that hold the shields? I can't remember if there's any other visible screws... I've seen a couple people mention their cups squeaked a bit when turned but what you're describing sounds excessive.

One of the cups on mine clicks a bit when I turn it while it's not on my head but once they're on they feel very solid and I can't detect any creakyness.

Not the ones that hold the shields, sorry, the ones that attach the cups to the outer metal ends of the headband.

Should I return them and exchange for a new pair? Or should I go for the ATH m50s just in case this issue was caused by my head size?

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #2,323 of 2,828
Quote:
I bought a pair of M-80 truebloods on amazon recently, where I was impressed with the sound across multiple genres, I wasn't impressed with the excessive creaking of metal and loosening of the screws attached to my right cup. Would these be warning signs that my headphones coul break?

I noticed creaking on the right earcup of my M-100 when I first got it. I popped the cup off the hinge and cleaned out the dust inside the hole and the creak went away. It's a little trickier popping off the cups on the V-80, but that could solve your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back