V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #2,176 of 2,828
Seen the Logitech UE 4000 getting good reviews lately, haven't had a chance to try it out... My M-80 has a slight quirk to one fork, like one of the holes was molded a millimeter too large, and the fork sorta clicks when I take them off or put them on...

It's like I'm nudging it around on the hole (the pin by which the fork attaches). The cups rotate perfectly and don't squeak at all when rotated or while I'm wearing them tho.

Was listening to a podcast today while walking and they isolated pretty well without any undue noise. I think I may be wearing mine a bit looser than some. I don't see how you could reliably go running with these things (not that I'd want to, just something I've read others have done).

My ears must not be very sensitive or I haven't worn them long enough because I found comfort to be pretty good out of the box. I mean I've worm more headphones (my Beyers, or even the Philips Downtown), but I can easily live with the M-80.

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #2,177 of 2,828
They have some deep emphasis but they're a far cry from what I'd call a basshead headphone... Haven't heard the P5 in a while so I can't compare to those, tho joker has probably drawn some kind of comparison in his big portable thread. I find stuff like the Kplisch Image One to be way bassier, the M-80's bass is very controlled and doesn't overpower IMO.

OK thanks, that sound promising. And good idea, Joker gave them 1 point extra on sound quality over the P5, so I guess that's a good sign. I don't hate the P5, I'd just rather have something that didn't sound too similar. I guess if I buy it from amazon I have the return policy...:beerchug:

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #2,178 of 2,828
Quote:
I will have to part ways with me M-80 soon. Its been over a month and the comfort is not that great. It got better, but it still hurts. Also the right side of mine, when i pinch the forked thing, it squeaks. Annoying when I move my jaws, which causes it to squeak, too. I love it's sound, but wouldn't mind the sub-bass being stronger by 2dB. Any recommendation of a great looking/sounding replacement headphone that's comfortable?

Monster DNA.  Seriously.  Check the thread.

As for the squeaking forks...a q-tip with a touch of WD40 on it does the trick.

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #2,179 of 2,828
Quote:

Monster DNA.  Seriously.  Check the thread.

As for the squeaking forks...a q-tip with a touch of WD40 on it does the trick.

Okay, so I found out that Beats and Monster split. And I'm still prejudice in that they still may have "Beats DNA" in them I hated how Beats sounded, Solo/HD and Studio. The Studio isn't terrible, but for anything within $200 of it's price range, it was.
Thanks for the suggestion and ill keep it in mind.

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #2,180 of 2,828
Quote:
Okay, so I found out that Beats and Monster split. And I'm still prejudice in that they still may have "Beats DNA" in them I hated how Beats sounded, Solo/HD and Studio. The Studio isn't terrible, but for anything within $200 of it's price range, it was.

Go read the Monster DNA thread...you'll see most people went in with the same bias' and they were pleasantly surprised.  Not a single person who's tried them has said they are the same as anything with a Beats logo on it.

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #2,181 of 2,828
It's been a while (maybe a couple of months) since I had listened to this record (I really like it actually). I just started listening to it with some M80's and holly crap did it brought a smile to my face. The bass(guitar) feels perfect and like saying I'm the boss here. really punchy and precise while been right about on level with the guitars (I feel the bass is lost in most recordings). i just noticed the bass notes in the beginning of "Blind" and in "Ball Tongue" the bass felt HUGE in the best of ways... loving the sound of this album on the M80s...

Dec 13, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #2,182 of 2,828
Quote:
Quote:

Go read the Monster DNA thread...you'll see most people went in with the same bias' and they were pleasantly surprised.  Not a single person who's tried them has said they are the same as anything with a Beats logo on it.

I concur. The DNA is actually pretty decent-sounding. Definitely one of the better ~$200 'cans I've heard.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #2,183 of 2,828
Just ordered the v-80 over the m-80 solely on the basis that it has an audio-only cable without the mic. I have a 2007 ipod classic that cannot use any inline features and been hearing that the mic messes with devices that cannot support it. Somewhat annoyed because it cost a tad more, but I do like the red accents. Never seen Trueblood though.

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #2,184 of 2,828
Quote:
Just ordered the v-80 over the m-80 solely on the basis that it has an audio-only cable without the mic. I have a 2007 ipod classic that cannot use any inline features and been hearing that the mic messes with devices that cannot support it. Somewhat annoyed because it cost a tad more, but I do like the red accents. Never seen Trueblood though.

Uh-oh...

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #2,185 of 2,828
So I'm thinking about buying a pair of M80s since the price on amazon.co.uk is pretty nice at the moment (one item is at £110 another at £125) and I feel as if I need a pair of portable headphones. Been thinking about the M80, HD25-1 II and M50s (I could buy the M50s for a pretty nice price today, equivalent to ~£93). I feel that the M50 simply isn't portable enough, and that the M80 is better looking than both.

But my question, what's the difference between the two following offers at amazon, what's up with one since only one says "by V-Moda" and the other one says "by Computers Unlimited(UK Consumer Electronics Stock Account)". Is it only the colour that is different, or is there something fishy with one of them? (I live in Sweden if that would be relevant).

Links:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/V-MODA-Crossfade-On-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B007TRUY6C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355835538&sr=8-2
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crossfade-M-80-Shadow-On-Ear-Headphones/dp/B005HSDLCO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355854996&sr=8-1

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #2,186 of 2,828
Quote:
So I'm thinking about buying a pair of M80s since the price on amazon.co.uk is pretty nice at the moment (one item is at £110 another at £125) and I feel as if I need a pair of portable headphones. Been thinking about the M80, HD25-1 II and M50s (I could buy the M50s for a pretty nice price today, equivalent to ~£93). I feel that the M50 simply isn't portable enough, and that the M80 is better looking than both.

But my question, what's the difference between the two following offers at amazon, what's up with one since only one says "by V-Moda" and the other one says "by Computers Unlimited(UK Consumer Electronics Stock Account)". Is it only the colour that is different, or is there something fishy with one of them? (I live in Sweden if that would be relevant).

Links:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/V-MODA-Crossfade-On-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B007TRUY6C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355835538&sr=8-2
www.amazon.co.uk/V-MODA-Crossfade-On-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B007TRUY6C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355835538&sr=8-2

You linked exactly the same thing :l

Users who are viewing this thread

Back