V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Nov 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #2,071 of 2,828
Nah, my M80's headband is intact.  =]

You better pull the trigger when they drop to $160s again later.  Swift as a ninja. 
ph34r.gif

The stock length of the cables is a bit much for me (~4.5 feet), so I built a new 3.5-foot one for mine.

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #2,073 of 2,828
Quote:
Yeah... I think I may be one. On the upper part of the headband a part was bulging out a little and I was able to snap it back into place. Idk what I broke... FRICK! I just got there a day ago and I broke them!?

Same thing happened to me. cannot be fixed alone, send them back.

Nov 11, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #2,074 of 2,828
Quote:
I tried adjusting the angle of the cups and I'm almost certain that's what caused them to break recently. 

Ahh sorry to hear that...

It worked quite well for me...I barely feel the earcups on top of my ears now.  There's still some fatigue after a few hours (since they are on-ears).  I did compare these to the Beats Solo and the Beats are more comfortable...BUT these blow them out of the water in sound quality.

I can't seem to find the pro boom mic on the official website...does anyone have it?  I really want to buy one and a splitter to make a gaming headset combo.

I really would've liked to get the M100s...they fill everything I want in my book...but it's $300...

I am also quite happy with my M80s atm.

:/

Nov 11, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #2,075 of 2,828
I think itll be on sale when the M-100 officially releases.
I shifted these back further behind my ear and OH MAN, the bass got a lot stronger. I like it. But I wish it 20hZ-30hZ was not so quiet.
Currently some bug bit my ear so I cannot really wear these as I have ointments on it most of the time. I hope I'm not poisoned and will live to use these again.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #2,076 of 2,828
How are these for exercise? I'm trying to decide in these vs M100 but don't really want to spend $300 on those so this will probably be my next purchase.

I cant really decide on which color I like more. I'm leaning towards the white as I think they look great, but I wonder if I grow tired of the white phase down the road.

I currently have K81 DJs and I love them. Clean, crisp and bass. I'm looking for something more though, or at least something new.

I listen to Dmb, coldplay, avett bros, led zeppelin, pearl jam, 90s rock and 90s rap. Will these work well with those?

Thanks

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #2,077 of 2,828
What kind of exercise? For running, I cannot imagine me wearing headphones. You should know that these will get pretty toasty because they are basically closed. I have not taken these running yet, but I just did some jogging around my house (haha) and they were able to stay secure on my head.
As those are not the music I listen to, I cannot give you a very good answer. I know they work well with today's more bassier metal.
I just gave Led Zeppelin and Coldplay a listen. Led Zeppelin's Ten Years Gone's drums sound quieter, or further back( I think this was intentional in the mastering). Guitars over power his voice. In Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. Drums are closer and the guitar is still overpowering his voice. If this is how its supposed to sound then I think these make a great old rock headphone.
As for Coldplay's Paradise, there is just enough power in the low end to give power and energy to the song. His voice is nice and clear. I think this song sounds amazing through these headphones, personally. The violins in the song, I noticed, do not sound very lively.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #2,078 of 2,828
The M80s stick out pretty far from your head to use for exercising especially if you're going to be lifting weights and stuff where you'd be getting in and out of equipment.  I wouldn't wear them in a gym, but maybe out biking/running, but thats about it.

Nov 12, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #2,081 of 2,828
I really doubt that the M80 would be a problem when lifting, or any other exercise that I can think of other than swimming and such.  Mind you, I'm no expert on the matter. 
tongue.gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #2,082 of 2,828
Quote:
The M80s stick out pretty far from your head to use for exercising especially if you're going to be lifting weights and stuff where you'd be getting in and out of equipment.  I wouldn't wear them in a gym, but maybe out biking/running, but thats about it.

I've used them while lifting once, no problems.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #2,083 of 2,828
For exercise, I meant more the bike or treadmill. Really just making sure they stay put, being on ears.

I was more concerned on how they sound with my music taste.

Thanks again guys! Now white or black?

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #2,084 of 2,828
On a treadmill they are perfectly fine. You will just have your ears sweating before the rest of your body. I think these would be terrible or biking due to wind hitting it and some going into the vents. Only way to avoid this is by using in-ears, though.

Quote:

The M80s stick out further from your head than the Beats...like obnoxiously so.

It might be my head shape, but I find the M-80 to be very low profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back