V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Apr 20, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #1,456 of 2,828

Quote:
Yes, in fact I have the, in the office. But not too many, I'll sell some at the LA meet this Sunday! If you want one early can you make it?

I wish I could go! Would be a hell of a time, unfortunately I don't even live on the West Coast let alone California. I'm actually from Western NY, about 20 minutes from Niagara Falls actually. And considering I'm currently a sophomore at Niagara University, I don't exactly have the money to fly out for the event/vacation otherwise I would.

I'm actually relatively broke at the moment, won't even have the money for the Headphones until hopefully next Thursday when I get paid! Oh the life of a college student. And on top of it all, the next week and week following are going to be hell. I'm double majoring in Philosophy and Sociology so since its the end of the semester I'm getting hammered with work. Anyways, I should probably be asleep right now, need to go to Guitar Center tomorrow to pick up some speakers and cheap DJ'ing equipment with my buddy for a party next week on top of classes, night!

Apr 20, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #1,457 of 2,828

Quote:

I wish I could go! Would be a hell of a time, unfortunately I don't even live on the West Coast let alone California. I'm actually from Western NY, about 20 minutes from Niagara Falls actually. And considering I'm currently a sophomore at Niagara University, I don't exactly have the money to fly out for the event/vacation otherwise I would.

I'm actually relatively broke at the moment, won't even have the money for the Headphones until hopefully next Thursday when I get paid! Oh the life of a college student. And on top of it all, the next week and week following are going to be hell. I'm double majoring in Philosophy and Sociology so since its the end of the semester I'm getting hammered with work. Anyways, I should probably be asleep right now, need to go to Guitar Center tomorrow to pick up some speakers and cheap DJ'ing equipment with my buddy for a party next week on top of classes, night!

Please talk to the Guitar Center employees about M-80s and LP2s (they should have them).  Word of mouth and true reviews helps us release new products I have developed and have not released, its our only marketing as we "put our $ where our materials is" (vs mouth).

what DJ equipment, Traktor S2/S4/Pioneer/Ableton stuff?  I can help w DJ gear I live and breathe it.  

PM me and we'll get you the White M-80s in time.  

For the next event, we'll try and get some flights and hotels with a contest.  I do love to meet everybody in person to truly understand the customers better.  I may be a bit intrusive and view all your music, volume settings and look at your ears a lot, but its for the greater good.  In Japan, Denver CanJam and San Fran I learned so much about the Head-Fi community and SHOWED everybody why Crossfade LP/LP2 was tuned like it was (and is among the top rated headphone on Amazon/Newegg or #1).   One-on-one interactions to make the best products for consumers, audiophiles and pros is my mission - last weekend I made 4 changes to M-100 based on DJ beta testing even though the target consumer isn't DJ for M-100. 

My life goal is to build the HANZO SWORD of headphones, I'll learn how you use them and I'll build em' with the best steel.... All I ask for is time and honest feedback!

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #1,459 of 2,828
Please talk to the Guitar Center employees about M-80s and LP2s (they should have them).  Word of mouth and true reviews helps us release new products I have developed and have not released, its our only marketing as we "put our $ where our materials is" (vs mouth).

what DJ equipment, Traktor S2/S4/Pioneer/Ableton stuff?  I can help w DJ gear I live and breathe it.  

For the next event, we'll try and get some flights and hotels with a contest.  I do love to meet everybody in person to truly understand the customers better.  I may be a bit intrusive and view all your music, volume settings and look at your ears a lot, but its for the greater good.  In Japan, Denver CanJam and San Fran I learned so much about the Head-Fi community and SHOWED everybody why Crossfade LP/LP2 was tuned like it was (and is among the top rated headphone on Amazon/Newegg or #1).   One-on-one interactions to make the best products for consumers, audiophiles and pros is my mission - last weekend I made 4 changes to M-100 based on DJ beta testing even though the target consumer isn't DJ for M-100. 

My life goal is to build the HANZO SWORD of headphones, I'll learn how you use them and I'll build em' with the best steel.... All I ask for is time and honest feedback!

Will do! I actually planned on bringing my iPod with me to demo them so I'm way ahead of you!

Not sure, my buddies buying the equipment for himself. I however will more then likely be in contact with you in the future as I'm learning how to produce EDM with Ableton and I'll be getting into performing hopefully next year, at least locally.

I'll be holding you to that! Expect a PM in the near future, I've been dying for these White M80's and holding out especially for them!

And that would be fantastic, would be a pleasure meeting you. This is extra true due to the passion for EDM we both seem to share! Anyways, I'll be sure to try and get in contact with you if I'm ever in the area.

Apr 20, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #1,460 of 2,828

Quote:
Val, is the immortal life program only applicable to the same headphone? Basically I'd like to know that if in the future I want to replace my M80s with M100s I could get them for 50% off. 

I am curious about this as well.  I don't see mine breaking pretty much ever...but if they did in like three years, how would the program work.  I feel like at that point you might have new headphones with different price points.  So will I get half off any headphone, half off any on-ear headphone, or just a $115 coupon to apply towards any headphone as I saw fit?

Honestly, this question is actually more geared towards my Remix Audios because I am rougher on those so I can see needing a replacement after a couple years.

Apr 21, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #1,461 of 2,828

Quote:

Val, any plans for an event in NYC area?  I would definitely make an effort to show up for that, I don't go into the city often (last time was for the American Craft Beer Festival) but for a V-MODA event I would happily make an exception.  The M80s didn't work out for me in the end comfort-wise (due mainly to my ears being extra sensitive to pressure from any on-ear headphones IMO) but you already nailed a sound that has my interest.

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #1,462 of 2,828

Quote:

Val, any plans for an event in NYC area?  I would definitely make an effort to show up for that, I don't go into the city often (last time was for the American Craft Beer Festival) but for a V-MODA event I would happily make an exception.  The M80s didn't work out for me in the end comfort-wise (due mainly to my ears being extra sensitive to pressure from any on-ear headphones IMO) but you already nailed a sound that has my interest.

Yes, we will plan something in NYC. Maybe a mini V-MODA meet the first few weeks of May as I'll be in NYC and a bigger "all-brand" Head-Fi meet in June.  I'll talk to Jude about it today as he arrives in LA in a few hours and coming to V-MODA HQ for a tour.   

UPDATE EDIT:

Jude said there is a NYC event planned in JUNE!  We'll be there along with some other V-MODA characters.    

Apr 22, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #1,464 of 2,828
I'm loving my M80 more and more, I mainly got them as portable cans but I've been going to them more and more as my main listening headphones. They appear to be getting slightly brighter as the highs seem to be getting crisper, while the mids remain great. I still wish the bass had more thump, but that's just a small quarrel. My left ear cup appears to be adjusting to my ear, as it's become more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time. I'm even starting to favor these as my production reference cans over my Sonys and Superlux, that's saying a lot.

I wish I could make the event and specially the listening party 
frown.gif

I found out about the event/party last night, I was  anxious to listen to the M100... oh well... hope ya'll have fun.

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #1,466 of 2,828
So they're still making my ears feel pretty hot after about 15 minutes, does anyone have any ideas on how I can alleviate this? 

Leave them in the freezer when not in use. I only wear mine with wet hair.

Apr 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #1,468 of 2,828
So yeah, my 30 days old M80's just got run over by my mother.. I put my bag outside and went in to grab my cell and when I came out I saw the horror. 
Frickin' loved them to death. I think I might buy new ones if I can ever afford a pair. Was there like a guarantee thingie that let u go 50% off on warranty or something btw? Does that imply on the new m100's as well? And is it worldwide? I bought mine from Amazon.co.uk cuz I live in Sweden and we don't have a V-moda reseller here. 

Edit: Seems like I was prematurely sad.. My dad had a bunch of tools and he bent the steel that holds the earpad in the right direction and they actually fit better now than before. 
These badboys got run over by a car, they don't have a dent and they sound just as awesome as usual. I'm shocked but so so so happy. 
I wanna see my old pair of beats Solo HD withstand a car, lol. (Worth mentioning is that they were wrapped up with a pair of soft pants and a hoodie in the same bag. Still miraculous though.)

Val Kolton, u are a genius, and I think I might have a mancrush on u. The buildquality on these wont ever be beaten and the tank on the box is SO aproperiate. <3

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #1,470 of 2,828

Quote:
So yeah, my 30 days old M80's just got run over by my mother.. I put my bag outside and went in to grab my cell and when I came out I saw the horror. 
Frickin' loved them to death. I think I might buy new ones if I can ever afford a pair. Was there like a guarantee thingie that let u go 50% off on warranty or something btw? Does that imply on the new m100's as well? And is it worldwide? I bought mine from Amazon.co.uk cuz I live in Sweden and we don't have a V-moda reseller here. 

Edit: Seems like I was prematurely sad.. My dad had a bunch of tools and he bent the steel that holds the earpad in the right direction and they actually fit better now than before. 
These badboys got run over by a car, they don't have a dent and they sound just as awesome as usual. I'm shocked but so so so happy. 
I wanna see my old pair of beats Solo HD withstand a car, lol. (Worth mentioning is that they were wrapped up with a pair of soft pants and a hoodie in the same bag. Still miraculous though.)

Val Kolton, u are a genius, and I think I might have a mancrush on u. The buildquality on these wont ever be beaten and the tank on the box is SO aproperiate. <3

screw ya!  I am SO happy to hear they finally got ran over by a car, I always use this as an example for the immortal life and now it happened.  TAKE PICS!!!

I am so happy right now... Remind me to upload the videos of a very famous DJ and I kicking field goals at the Rose Bowl Championship with Crossfades (don't try at home).

WHITE SPECIAL FOR HEAD-FI/FACEBOOK FANS
I have a few White Pearl M-80s at the office right now that came off the production line early as we had to switch back to M-80/LP2 temporarily due to being out of stock.  I'll sell 16 units early beginning tomorrow at 11am PT. Search for the product "VTF" and it'll be a White Pearl M-80 with the new speakeasy microphone cables.  I'll throw in Faders VIP (unreleased) and an audio-only cable + 1/4" adapter.

Thanks for your support, as a family owned company that puts its money into materials vs marketing, every true review on Amazon, here and word of mouth helps us continue to innovate and release new products for the people.

Cheers,

-v 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back