V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #1,366 of 2,828
SO, the left driver won't play unless i fiddle with the plug on the headphone end anymore, I tried both cords and flipped thme around but sound doesn't come out of the left side unless I wiggle the plug and force it onto the contacts better. Going to be needing the receipt from home :frowning2:

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #1,367 of 2,828
Ok, I have been wanting a pair of M-80's in white for quite some time now. My wifes birthday is coming in early May so there is not much time left to get these. Hopefully these are coming out in April.

Really excited to see what these will sound like once the white ones are released!

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #1,368 of 2,828

Quote:
SO, the left driver won't play unless i fiddle with the plug on the headphone end anymore, I tried both cords and flipped thme around but sound doesn't come out of the left side unless I wiggle the plug and force it onto the contacts better. Going to be needing the receipt from home :frowning2:

These seems to be the most common area of failure of the M-80....I really hope it doesn't happen to me : (

Apr 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #1,371 of 2,828
Thought I'd pop in to show the M-80/V-80 some love.

I was searching for a portable, easily-driven, on-ear set to carry around with me on weekend trips, afternoons at the library, mornings at the coffee shop, etc. I ended up buying both the Edition 8 and V-80 to compare. After living with both of them for about a month, the Edition 8 has been sold and the V-80 is here to stay. Even without considering price, I find the sound of the V-80 much easier to live with. 

This has been my go-to recommendation for anyone looking for a portable headphone with a versatile sound signature. It's very smooth, lush,  and non-fatiguing -- which works with almost everything that you can throw at it. I see a lot of people complain about the recessed treble -- but that's one of the qualities that makes the M-80 such a good all-arounder that plays well with many different source devices, and different source files of different mastering quality. It's not the ultimate word on resolution, but it also manages to avoid committing any major flaws (which says a lot). 

Cannot wait to see what Val and company do with the M-100. 

Apr 3, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #1,372 of 2,828
Hey forumers, V-Moda V-80 user here looking for someone who can aid me in a custom design for my faceplate (red). I ain't no designer so I thought some of you guys here can do them pretty well.

Leave a comment or PM. Will be greatly appreciated.

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #1,373 of 2,828
one of my friends sent me this funniest video on M-80, I can't stop laughing!  I have to learn how he did this!  kinda wish it was longer!  PS celebs talk about our headphones all the time, so this isn't against any company - its just funny someone made this!  I like to be a classy competitor and I like a select few of our competitors models, I just like ours better usually.  When developing LP, I didn't switch DJing from the Pioneer HDJ-2000 until I felt it was truly better.  I always tell DJs that if you don't DJ w an LP2/LP use a HDJ-2000!

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #1,376 of 2,828
Just ordered a cMoyBB v.2.03. The V-80s sound just fine when driven from my Samsung Infuse running Voodoo sound, but the bass coming from my onboard desktop soundcard (Realtek) is nonexistent. I know, "get a better soundcard!" but I don't have the real estate inside my case to do so. Do any of you guys have experience using a cMoy, or any amp for that matter, with the V/M-80s?

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #1,377 of 2,828

Quote:
Just ordered a cMoyBB v.2.03. The V-80s sound just fine when driven from my Samsung Infuse running Voodoo sound, but the bass coming from my onboard desktop soundcard (Realtek) is nonexistent. I know, "get a better soundcard!" but I don't have the real estate inside my case to do so. Do any of you guys have experience using a cMoy, or any amp for that matter, with the V/M-80s?

I have that exact cMoy. First, JDS Labs is an awesome company to deal with--very professional and communicative. Second, the cMoyBB is impressively built and really does a nice job of boosting bass without muddying up the rest of the sounds. Total win all around. You should be pretty happy with it. 

Apr 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #1,378 of 2,828

Quote:
I have that exact cMoy. First, JDS Labs is an awesome company to deal with--very professional and communicative. Second, the cMoyBB is impressively built and really does a nice job of boosting bass without muddying up the rest of the sounds. Total win all around. You should be pretty happy with it. 

Awesome. I will be checking my mailbox and eating fingernails until it arrives. Thanks!

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #1,379 of 2,828
Is anyone familiar with V-Moda's 60 test drive policy? I am seriously considering these headphones, but there is no place in the area that I can try them out. Is it simply a matter of mailing them to V-Moda for a full refund as long as they were purchased from an authorized dealer?

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #1,380 of 2,828

Pretty much, yep. I bought my LP2 from V-MODA and sent them back, no questions asked. I didn't sent them back for sound quality issues or because I was dissatisfied, but because I learned about the forthcoming M-100, and want to get that one. My M-80s, btw, are amazing. If you're looking for portable, comfortable, durable, and great sound, then look no further.
Quote:
Is anyone familiar with V-Moda's 60 test drive policy? I am seriously considering these headphones, but there is no place in the area that I can try them out. Is it simply a matter of mailing them to V-Moda for a full refund as long as they were purchased from an authorized dealer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back