V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #1,351 of 2,828

Quote:
[size=small]PS - did anybody notice the outer box sleeve comes off M-80s and is plain, it is a "brand box" that primarily says "VENI. VIDI. VICI." only? [/size]​

First--white M-80 is awesome. Cruel, too, seeing as how they come out only three months after I bought my original black M-80s, wishing there was a white version. Oh well, the color doesn't reach the sound!!!

Second--Re: the plain Veni, Vidi, Vici box: as much as I rebel against being hooked by branding (read Naomi Klein's book, "No Logo") this sort of minimal brand gets me even more loyal to V-MODA, and it's the very same reason I love the discreet logos on their products and the option to self-promote through custom plates. Another win. Winning. VICI.

(time to head back to the M-100 thread...I feel like I'm just a tourist in this discussion who stops by every now and then to check on the weather!)

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #1,352 of 2,828

Quote:
"[size=small]I think it's time we stop, [/size][size=small]hey[/size][size=small][/size][size=small]what's that sound[/size][size=small][/size][size=small]Everybody look [/size][size=small]what's going down"! [/size]

[size=small]you saw it here first on Head-Fi, mass production white M-80s...  SHHHHHHH![/size]
 ​
[size=small]PS - did anybody notice the outer box sleeve comes off M-80s and is plain, it is a "brand box" that primarily says "VENI. VIDI. VICI." only? [/size]​

I am getting mine today though! D: No worries, but will there be the launch of additional plate colors with the launch of this? :wink:

AGH THE MAIL NEEDS TO GET HERE SOONER

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #1,353 of 2,828

Quote:
First--white M-80 is awesome. Cruel, too, seeing as how they come out only three months after I bought my original black M-80s, wishing there was a white version. Oh well, the color doesn't reach the sound!!!

Second--Re: the plain Veni, Vidi, Vici box: as much as I rebel against being hooked by branding (read Naomi Klein's book, "No Logo") this sort of minimal brand gets me even more loyal to V-MODA, and it's the very same reason I love the discreet logos on their products and the option to self-promote through custom plates. Another win. Winning. VICI.

(time to head back to the M-100 thread...I feel like I'm just a tourist in this discussion who stops by every now and then to check on the weather!)

Agreed on the minimal branding; it makes it much more elegant and exclusive. Love it.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #1,354 of 2,828
"[size=small]I think it's time we stop, [/size][size=small]hey[/size][size=small][/size][size=small]what's that sound[/size][size=small][/size][size=small]Everybody look [/size][size=small]what's going down"! [/size]

[size=small]you saw it here first on Head-Fi, mass production white M-80s...  SHHHHHHH![/size]
 ​

What does that mean?
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Tried google translate, nothing.
I managed to get I saw out of Vidi. Makes me think it means I came I saw I conquered.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #1,355 of 2,828
Well, my M-80's half-broke yesterday. The jack leading into the headphones cannot keep the plug inside of it anymore. The lightest tug or movement makes the plug come out, and when it stays in the right driver cuts out constantly. I noticed this while walking around in school yesterday, even though it had worked fine that morning, and nothing happened  to the the M-80's during that time period.

*Sigh* Hoping now that my parents didn't lose the receipt.

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #1,358 of 2,828

Quote:

​

Oh man, what a total tease Val... I'm so beyond psyched for these and can't wait! And since they are Mass Production then that means they are coming out SUPER SOON?! Which is great news because I was hoping to snag a pair before I go on my cruise in May, so awesome :D All I can say is my wallet is ready, can't wait!

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #1,360 of 2,828
Here's an old interview with Val kolton where he shows off the white m80's. He said they were supposed to be released for valentines, hmm..... I wonder what happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRo50UhLB4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #1,361 of 2,828

Quote:
Here's an old interview with Val kolton where he shows off the white m80's. He said they were supposed to be released for valentines, hmm..... I wonder what happened...

Probably got pushed back for whoever knows what reason, I'm sure Val could fill us in on that. But regardless, looks like they are finally coming out soon so its all good to me!

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #1,362 of 2,828
Quote:

This time was due to color matching on the case, sigh...  They say patience is a virtue, but it's one virtue I don't like but we need it as we prioritize quality, design and sound over time to market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The lightest tug or movement makes the plug come out, and when it stays in the right driver cuts out constantly. I noticed this while walking around in school yesterday, even though it had worked fine that morning, and nothing happened  to the the M-80's during that time period.

Don't worry, we haven't had many issues so we need all data and will replace immediately.  We did reinforce the jack after the first 2000 units, although the first jack does past all our VMQA (V-MODA Quality Assurance) and drop tests and we've thank god had very very few issues with M/V-80 and Crossfade series overall (just look at Amazon/Newegg reviews). 

Quote:
What does that mean?
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Tried google translate, nothing.
I managed to get I saw out of Vidi. Makes me think it means I came I saw I conquered.

I CAME. I SAW. I CONQUERED.

One of the many interpretations to me it that V-MODA was first in this current industry (came), we've seen a lot and made improvements (saw), and now over the long-term we'll win the war but not in the short term (conquer).

How does it apply to you in your life or job?

Caesar says:

"Veni, vidi, vici" ([size=smaller]Classical Latin: [/size][ˈweːniː ˈwiːdiː ˈwiːkiː][size=smaller]Ecclesiastical Latin: [/size][ˈvɛni ˈvidi ˈvitʃi]; "I came, I saw, I conquered.") is aLatin sentence reportedly written by Julius Caesar in 47 BC as a comment on his short war with Pharnaces II of Pontus in the city of Zela (currently known as Zile, in Turkey).[1]

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #1,363 of 2,828

Quote:
Don't worry, we haven't had many issues so we need all data and will replace immediately.  We did reinforce the jack after the first 2000 units, although the first jack does past all our VMQA (V-MODA Quality Assurance) and drop tests and we've thank god had very very few issues with M/V-80 and Crossfade series overall (just look at Amazon/Newegg reviews). 

Hmm, I got my M-80's around when they first came out (to my knowledge) so I probably received a unit that didn't have the reinforced jack. I'll work on sending them in as soon as possible.

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #1,364 of 2,828
Some people were posting about our headphone AMP/DAC in the M-80/M-100 threads, so I started its own thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/603052/v-moda-vamp-development-reviews-pics-etc

Now back to topic, M-80!  

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #1,365 of 2,828

Quote:
Some people were posting about our headphone AMP/DAC in the M-80/M-100 threads, so I started its own thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/603052/v-moda-vamp-development-reviews-pics-etc

Now back to topic, M-80!  

So, after that sneak preview pic you showed of the case for the production White M80's, you have me, and I'm sure the rest of Head-Fi, itching for more! I for one cannot wait to order a pair, I'm so excited I'm damn near giddy! So I have to ask, is there any chance we could get another little sneak preview, perhaps of the Mass Production Model itself? I'm dying to see a good close up of what these beauties look like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back