V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Mar 21, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #1,321 of 2,828
I made some of my colleagues and friends listen to my M-80 and they were all impressed with it.

Some of them made remarks about the fact that the price is expensive for headphones but the argument that a smartphone cost 4 times more and is changed each two years usually hits the target.

I hope that i'll see some of them with a M-80 soon ^^

Mar 23, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #1,322 of 2,828

Quote:
I have a stupid question but will ask anyway.  I ordered the M-80s a few days ago when the price dropped on Amazon, but then had some buyer's remorse before the cans even arrived. I have no doubt as to the excellent sound quality but wondered whether I had considered the various alternatives enough and whether the M-80s would be the right fit and look for me. So, I went to cancel the order but it had already shipped; it is now waiting at my apartment for when I get home. I would like to test them out and if I like them then just keep them instead of further agonizing over choices.  But I want to know whether I can return to Amazon if I am for some reason not satisfied with the fit and/or the sound. I know that VModa direct purchases give you 60 days.  Amazon says that electronics can be returned New in original  packaging within 30 days. I have literally never returned anything to Amazon other than unopened items. I assume I can open the box and then if unsatisfied pack them back and return them Like New, but wanted to check and also make sure that was, in fact, the case and that the nature of the packaging was such that this would be easily "reboxable". I would not put any real wear on these; just listen for a few hours around the house to make sure I am happy with them. But if there is any doubt about this then I would just as soon return to Amazon completely unopened. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Curiousity finally got the best of me and I broke out the M80's this morning. My initial impressions are very positive. They look good, are built like a tank, seem to be reasonably comfortable for a supra-aural, and, most importantly, sound great to my ears right out of the box.  Need to work a little on getting the right fit.  On the trip to work I didn't have the cups placed right and was not getting as much bass (although it still sounded very nice) and not much isolation. At lunchtime I got a better fit and heard how good the bass is on these cans. Also more isolation. However, sometimes I actually want less isolation walking the streets of NYC.  It is nice that I can adjust the fit a bit to suit my purposes and still expect good (albeit different) sound either way.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #1,325 of 2,828

Quote:
Just ordered mine tonight, the anticipation is killing me!

It may be somewhere else in the thread, but has anyone tried making different cables for these?

You can use any cable that ends with a 3.5mm connector and is slim enough to fit into a recessed port.  Not really sure if anyone has actually tried making custom cables specifically for this though, but I'm not really sure why anyone would want to...the stock ones are pretty good.

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #1,326 of 2,828

Quote:
You can use any cable that ends with a 3.5mm connector and is slim enough to fit into a recessed port.  Not really sure if anyone has actually tried making custom cables specifically for this though, but I'm not really sure why anyone would want to...the stock ones are pretty good.

The cables it came with is dumb, the sound is really bad when u have the mic on top, u have to put the cables in on the wrong end to get good sound? What is up with that? 
Upsidedowncable is the way to go with these it seems..

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #1,327 of 2,828

Quote:
The cables it came with is dumb, the sound is really bad when u have the mic on top, u have to put the cables in on the wrong end to get good sound? What is up with that? 
Upsidedowncable is the way to go with these it seems..

Some people have been having issues with the cable with a mic on certain devices. Flipping it around fixes it as you said.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #1,332 of 2,828

Quote:
It is dumb and it's out of my amp and out of my phone, I look like an idiot who don't know what I'm doing..

Which phone?  We include 2 cables to work with almost any phone.  Out of the amps, we have seen the issue with some of the port grounding on some models and the audio-only cable we sell for $10 can solve that (or use in reverse).

we are always testing on a variety of devices, it's tough as one size (3.5mm) doesn't fit all.  Even Android phones have different configurations and resistance levels for the mics.  HTC vs Motorola vs Samsung are all slightly different!

On the plus side, we get to try out and we own many smartphones for real-life test purposes.  Next up in our labs are Samsung Note, Nokia 900 and iPad 3. 
beerchug.gif

-v

Mar 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #1,333 of 2,828
Val, any plans for a black audio-only cable at any point in the future? I ordered the one you currently offer (since I tend to listen through a DAP, not a phone, and would rather eliminate the mic module from the equation), and its light gray color looks awful with the M80. I just couldn't in good conscience pair it with such style-centric headphones...
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #1,334 of 2,828
Are  the V80's bundled differently depending on where you buy them?  B&H states :

"The headphones come with 2 different Kevlar-reinforced cables to provide maximum compatibility. One cable has an inline microphone and 3-button remote, allowing you to make calls, take voice notes, control music playback, and adjust volume on Apple devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Macbooks. The other cable has a mic and 1-button remote for universal compatibility with Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, and other devices".  

I thought the V80's came with a one button and audio only cable?  Thanks

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #1,335 of 2,828

Quote:
Which phone?  We include 2 cables to work with almost any phone.  Out of the amps, we have seen the issue with some of the port grounding on some models and the audio-only cable we sell for $10 can solve that (or use in reverse).

we are always testing on a variety of devices, it's tough as one size (3.5mm) doesn't fit all.  Even Android phones have different configurations and resistance levels for the mics.  HTC vs Motorola vs Samsung are all slightly different!

On the plus side, we get to try out and we own many smartphones for real-life test purposes.  Next up in our labs are Samsung Note, Nokia 900 and iPad 3. 
beerchug.gif

-v

I don't want to shell out more money than I did just to get the sound that it's supposed to give me?
I have a galaxy nexus, the effect seems to be a little bit better out of my Macbook Pro, it just gives me a volumeboost when I flip it upsidedown it seems. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back