V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Feb 19, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #1,081 of 2,828

Quote:
I had a blue Lumia 800, but I lost it!!!   #2manydevicesproblem

Meh :frowning2:

I had to chose between buying Nokia Lumia 800 or Nokia C7 + V-Moda M-80. I've chosen second combo
L3000.gif
Too bad you didn't lose your phone in my headphones box :D

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #1,084 of 2,828

Quote:
Thanks alot for the great reviews. I decided to pick up the M-80's. I must say I love them!!!!
And only paid $99.00......yes, $99.00.
On sale at The Shack now. Maybe the M-100 will be out soon?

...what!? I checked the radioshack website (US) and there's no such sale!

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #1,085 of 2,828

Quote:
bingo... it costs us an arm and a leg to include two microphone cables, but this way we can have a universal SKU.  I wish I could include an AO cable too, but that is why we do the promos with an audio-only + 1/4" adapter on V-MODA.com

As a tip, if the 1-button/3-button doesnt work in your amp, try reversing the cable around.

Cheers,

-v

Hmm, I ordered my M80s during the Valentine's Day promotion.  Was I supposed to get a 1/4" adapter too?  I can't seem to find one.  Also purely out of curiosity why purple instead of black for the audio-only cable? (Not complaining, just wondering)

On another note, had them for two days and I really like them.  Listening to some Pendulum right now and the bass is perfect.  They don't sound quite as clear or detailed as my Ultrasone HFI-2400s but they're a heck of a lot of fun!  Hoping that the clamping force goes down a bit though, if not I may try bending the headband.

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #1,086 of 2,828
I

...what!? I checked the radioshack website (US) and there's no such sale!

Not sure if it's a nation wide sale. I just happened to call my "Shack" location and the guy said only $99 so went there and sure enough $99 brand new unopened.
May go buy a couple more.

Edit : OK, sorry guys. What happened was the clerk actually made a mistake, I went back to get another set and the said he made a mistake.

Feb 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #1,087 of 2,828

Quote:
Not sure if it's a nation wide sale. I just happened to call my "Shack" location and the guy said only $99 so went there and sure enough $99 brand new unopened.
May go buy a couple more.

Blah, just called my local radioshack, nope! $200! That's a damned good deal if I saw one, and a profitable one, no less.

EDIT: Damn clerks!

EDIT 2: Funny story, one of the radioshacks near my place told me they had the m80's. I go there and it's a different lady, and she goes to look for them, but says that they don't carry them in that store; and that the clerk I was talking to "probably didn't know the difference" >.> Chances are he meant the IEMs, which is what your clerk maybe messed up, too. :p

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #1,088 of 2,828
YA'LL ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!  We have strict pricing policies at that price I would have bought them up for my inventory!   whew...
deadhorse.gif

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #1,089 of 2,828

Quote:
YA'LL ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!  We have strict pricing policies at that price I would have bought them up for my inventory!   whew...
deadhorse.gif

I called 3 radioshacks when I saw that guys post like 5 hours ago. One of the guys misspoke and said it was 99.99 and not 199.99 and I had the keys to the car in my hand before he corrected himself...I already have a pair of M-80's but at that price, I would've gotten a lifetime supply for my family :D

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #1,090 of 2,828
Check this out...

V-MODA Worldwide Shipping Promo 

Customers who select standard shipping get upgraded to:

1. US customers get FREE priority shipping for purchases over $50
  2. Canada and Mexico customers get FREE express shipping (with tracking) - arrives in 6-10 days for purchases over $150
  3. International customers get upgraded to express shipping (with tracking) - arrives in 6 -10 days for the price of standard shipping for purchases over $150

Promo ends Feb. 29, 2012

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #1,091 of 2,828

Quote:
Check this out...

V-MODA Worldwide Shipping Promo 

Customers who select standard shipping get upgraded to:

1. US customers get FREE priority shipping for purchases over $50
  2. Canada and Mexico customers get FREE express shipping (with tracking) - arrives in 6-10 days for purchases over $150
  3. International customers get upgraded to express shipping (with tracking) - arrives in 6 -10 days for the price of standard shipping for purchases over $150

Promo ends Feb. 29, 2012

...oh hey, too bad I didn't see that before I ordered mine from B&H. :p

By the way, could you possibly shed any more light on this so-called "super mic" that's supposed to be released soon...?

Feb 20, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #1,092 of 2,828

Quote:
...oh hey, too bad I didn't see that before I ordered mine from B&H. :p

By the way, could you possibly shed any more light on this so-called "super mic" that's supposed to be released soon...?

No upgraded shipping to outer space.  
tongue.gif

Feb 20, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #1,093 of 2,828
Just got my M-80's on fri been listening to them all weekend and really liking them. They sound so clear playing flac running off my Rockboxed clipzip. What's really cool is the clipzip fits right on them-80's making them even more portable . I didn't get the 1/4" adapter either so I can't listen to them from my stereo yet but I know they will sound awesome. I really like the way they feel, their so comfortable and there not even broken in yet.                                                                                                                                          

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #1,094 of 2,828

Quote:
Just got my M-80's on fri been listening to them all weekend and really liking them. They sound so clear playing flac running off my Rockboxed clipzip. What's really cool is the clipzip fits right on them-80's making them even more portable . I didn't get the 1/4" adapter either so I can't listen to them from my stereo yet but I know they will sound awesome. I really like the way they feel, their so comfortable and there not even broken in yet.                                                                                                                                          

That's pure genius right there!

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #1,095 of 2,828
I tried out the M-80's. I have to say that because of my skewed genre preferences (80% extreme metal), they didn't do too much for me. I will concede, however, that they truly are chill-out headphones... vocals came out pristine and smooth, and the smoothness/soundstage of these things combined with the more ambient/atmospheric genres really brought loungeyness that would be awesome if that's what I mainly listen to. Their isolation didn't really do anything for me. I ended up returning them because I found that I preferred the sound (again, to the genres I mainly listen to) I got on my sr-60i's.. and I got those for $50! However, they really are beautiful headphones, and are the most comfortable things in the world; perhaps in the future if they go on sale I'll snag a pair again, as the sound sig would be at least a compliment to my grado's if I ever felt the loungey mood creep up on me again. Perhaps the m-100's, even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back