V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Feb 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #976 of 2,828
Quote:
Just reverse the ends of the cable with mic/remote.
So the angled end goes into the headphone & straight into the source.

wow, touché I thought I thought of everything!  

re TWILIGHT - no, I'm HBO familia all the way!

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #977 of 2,828
The angled end has the usual three wire termination so in general should work with every source.
.....but sometimes we overlook the most simple aspects
beerchug.gif

For nokia phones(if you do not want to swap the ends)- 
Plug the angled end to HP out partially until you see the audio options ( Headphone out/ line out / music stand)
Select your choice
Play a song
Now, press the angled end completely into the HP out

Works fine if done correctly(probabilty .9)

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #979 of 2,828

Quote:
A quick question: are the ear pads replaceable? Because I've not seen anywhere a guide to do that or replacement part on the v-moda site, unlike LP2 ones

People ask what V-MODA means, it means various things, but one could be "VARIOUS-MOD ARTISTS"  

Yes, the  M-80's ear cushions replaceable on M-80 and LP2, but we don't recommend replacing them until you have new ear cushions. They are adjusted during assembly to have the right seal and therefore the best sound.  We will have replacements for purchase down the road, if you need them earlier for some reason, just contact our concierge team for an exception.

I'm also testing some pad options once we hit a critical mass to make it worthwhile, like Velour. The faster word of mouth spreads, the faster I can release planned M-80 "MOD" parts and trick accessories like I'm doing VERY soon for LP/LP2!   Any requests?  

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #980 of 2,828
Quote:
People ask what V-MODA means, it means various things, but one could be "VARIOUS-MOD ARTISTS"  

Yes, the  M-80's ear cushions replaceable on M-80 and LP2, but we don't recommend replacing them until you have new ear cushions. They are adjusted during assembly to have the right seal and therefore the best sound.  We will have replacements for purchase down the road, if you need them earlier for some reason, just contact our concierge team for an exception.

I'm also testing some pad options once we hit a critical mass to make it worthwhile, like Velour. The faster word of mouth spreads, the faster I can release planned M-80 "MOD" parts and trick accessories like I'm doing VERY soon for LP/LP2!   Any requests?  

I like what I am reading this seems like a step in the right direction! Everyone tell your friends right NOW!! LOL

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #982 of 2,828

Quote:

Hey Val. I have had my M-80s for nearly a month, and they beat the hell out of any other headphones i've used. But as far as requests, my number one request is more color choices for the side/ear plates. I want to get my M-80's personalized, but I am waiting until you come out with better color choices so I only have to make one purchase. However if I could only pick one color, it would be a midnight purple kinda like this http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dark+purple&view=detail&id=07BAB07C88CBF4983671B7450B3DB8AC7BECE509&first=121&FORM=IDFRIR

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #983 of 2,828
House of spears
i agree and disagree
the lettering and stitching high up on the headphones is red
the rest of the headphones are black
one thing I would like to see is perhaps I white version and definitely make it possible to get a red on black plates instead of the standard white on black also black on red

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #984 of 2,828
Jude had a white M80 in his Tekzilla video, so maybe that was a proto-type of a different colored M80?
It looked very sleek and nice though, love that pearl white color^^

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #985 of 2,828

Quote:
Hey Val. I have had my M-80s for nearly a month, and they beat the hell out of any other headphones i've used. But as far as requests, my number one request is more color choices for the side/ear plates. I want to get my M-80's personalized, but I am waiting until you come out with better color choices so I only have to make one purchase. However if I could only pick one color, it would be a midnight purple kinda like this http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dark+purple&view=detail&id=07BAB07C88CBF4983671B7450B3DB8AC7BECE509&first=121&FORM=IDFRIR

A metalic midnight purple like that would look sick... 

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #986 of 2,828

Quote:
A metalic midnight purple like that would look sick... 

I know right? It is by far my favorite color, especially when paired with black. and to pwn3r, I agree that it might look a little weird, but at the same time there isn't THAT much red on the headphones where it would make the purple look THAT out of place. now if you had the V-80's, then it would look horrendous.

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #987 of 2,828
Thanks Val! I really appreciate the mod for a better and more cushioned earpads because it's slightly stiff to my ears. I don't ask for an aesthetic change, the design of M80 is excellently built and pleasing to anyone. But comfort is my second priority as sound is my first. Sorry I was used to the soft pads of circumaural phones like the Denons, Audeze and Senheisser have.

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #988 of 2,828
Just thought I would post here that I'm going to appear tonight on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon behind The Cranberries as they perform. Why post this here you might ask? Because I'm rockin' my M-80s! :p

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #990 of 2,828
^ Buckethead / Electric Tears here, life is good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back