V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Jan 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #842 of 2,828
I recently recieved my VMODA M80 today given to me as a gift from my gf...and I am really excited to open the box.

Opening the box, the package is very nice and the accessories are very impressive. More than what I expected for it's price. The design looks sturdy and I have no problem with the fit. It's really built like a tank with each screws, the metal case and the flexible band. I have no complains on it's design.

Then I ran the M80 with my Ipod Classic, without the CLAS since its batteries are still charging and my first impression is it's a very fun-sounding portable headphone. I like the tonality because it's mid-forward. It's certainly my cup of tea tonality-wise. Bass is not boomy, not muddy and has an amount of punch for a bass-head like me. The mids is forward, in-your-face, and all around you can hear other different instruments. It's more 3D, layering and detail-retrieval is good with a soundstage enough to wow me. The highs are okay, there is enough sparkle on the high-hats and cymbals are smoothened. I really didn't expect them to have a enough extension on the highs. But they are not as extended and airy as like my other headphones...For the meantime, that's my only impression and I would be comparing them to some of my headphones including iems, and it's getting late already.

So my first impression of the M80 is great. VModa really set the bar up there with it's portable competition (unlike the dreadful Beats-line). I hope this headphones make it to the consumer market and throw those b-headphones that everyone is making a fuss about.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #843 of 2,828
Any other International buyers from the V-Moda website who has yet to receive their M80's? Ive been waiting for a month since 21st December :/

Jan 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #846 of 2,828
Greetz from Germany.
My m80 should be coming tomorrow. I am currently using the koss ksc75 and my best headphone owned was the px200, which already broke after 3months -.- You see i'm fairly new to headphones.. this will be such a big jump in my listening experiences. I am so excited :D

ofc i considered the sennheiser hd25 aswell.. its pretty cheap here in germany(140Euro) and rivals the m80 in terms of overall quality. 
the design convinced me. looks so fcking delicious :D
really cant wait to try them on.

Jan 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #847 of 2,828
This goes to everybody on here. Never buy online from RadioShack. I bought the M-80's online with a giftcard over 2 weeks ago, and was told that my order was canceled and that I would get my money back in 3 business days. 2 weeks later, I still have not received any money from them. I have called them multiple times to no availe. The worst part is because of them screwing up, I have been headphone-less for the past 3 weeks.

Jan 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #848 of 2,828
Got these yesterday and the sound is amazing but they seem to be clamping quite a bit and i have small ears so they kind of go round my ears does it loosen up?  anyone got any suggestions to improve the comfort?

Cheers

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #850 of 2,828

Quote:
This goes to everybody on here. Never buy online from RadioShack. I bought the M-80's online with a giftcard over 2 weeks ago, and was told that my order was canceled and that I would get my money back in 3 business days. 2 weeks later, I still have not received any money from them. I have called them multiple times to no availe. The worst part is because of them screwing up, I have been headphone-less for the past 3 weeks.

Yikes, that sounds pretty horrific.  I guess buying them in-store from Radio Shack would be the way to go, but I'd hate to give them my business at all after that debacle.  Did they give a reason for the order cancellation?

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #854 of 2,828
Yeah, turns out the problem is that they said that the headphones were in stock online, however once I ordered it, they realized that they didn't actually have any. I dont have a problem buying from my local RadioShack because the people in there are pretty reasonable, however I will never buy from them online again. I talked to them today and they said that they decided that they would send me a check instead of puttin ght emoney back on my gift card without letting me know. They is (supposably ) the reason for the delay. So the check is supposed to be here in another 2 days...however I am obviously extremely leery that they will actually send me a check.

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #855 of 2,828

Quote:
So how was the M-80?

Sound Wise is up to my expectation based on |Joker|'s review. It's similar with earsonic SM3 with more veil on the high side.
This is what i am looking for (now) :)
Build is excellent.
It's my first portable headphone so i still need to adapt with it (only use IEM or earbud previously).
But It just does not isolate the outside noise very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back