V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 19, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #588 of 2,828
I'm thinking about picking one of these up, but I have a question.  I read somewhere about wind noise possibly being an issue.  I'll be using mine during my lunchtime walks, and if the ear cups generate much noise on a breezy day that might be a deal-killer for me.  Can anybody with some experience with these comment?

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #589 of 2,828

I haven't heard them, but the one thing holding me back from buying them is the claims of mediocre isolation and wind noise. However my commute is a walk below an overpass which is windy, and a subway, so I don't know if high isolation is as vital for you as it is for me.
Quote:
I'm thinking about picking one of these up, but I have a question.  I read somewhere about wind noise possibly being an issue.  I'll be using mine during my lunchtime walks, and if the ear cups generate much noise on a breezy day that might be a deal-killer for me.  Can anybody with some experience with these comment?

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #590 of 2,828

Quote:
I haven't heard them, but the one thing holding me back from buying them is the claims of mediocre isolation and wind noise. However my commute is a walk below an overpass which is windy, and a subway, so I don't know if high isolation is as vital for you as it is for me.

I'm usually walking either in a residential area near my office or on a walking trail away from any cars so isolation is less of an issue for me, but wind noise would be a problem.

Dec 19, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #591 of 2,828
Quote:

ah, I'm making a review right now and was just on the part about isolation.
I would say that I do notice wind noise more in these more than other cans, but that can be explained by the semi opened design. I only really notice it when the wind is strong enough to, say, somewhat move my hood off my head or make my scarf dance. As for regular isolation, I would say that these offer the right amount of isolation for commutes, as they don't isolate TOO much so you can be aware of your surrounding. I use these during my commute around college campus, and I'm very happy with these^^

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #592 of 2,828
I don't mean to be a butt or anything, but can we keep reviews strictly based off flat EQ's.......I really feel that EQ'ed results are not accurate what so ever, I mean maybe to bring out certain qualities  but not for the proper impression of the sound

Dec 20, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #594 of 2,828
Damn, I had to cancel my order because the website (magie-casque.fr) where i've ordered it is so slow. They should ship within 4 days and one week after still nothing, they do not even reply to their emails. Luckily i've paid via Paypal and will ask for a refund.

One word: if you are in Europe, do not order via that website :/

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #595 of 2,828
Anyone in Canada ordered from V-moda.com??  Order placed on Dec 2nd.. they said they shipped on 5th... charged me $30 for shipping and it's been 2 weeks... still not here...

B&H in New York charges me around the same... the item shipped with Purolator ground and i get things in two to three days... 

I thought i would get it before xmas....

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #596 of 2,828
i ordered directly from v-moda.. a couple of weeks sounds about right.  Don't worry, they're worth the wait :)

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #600 of 2,828
Got to test drive these at Radio Shack. Overall, very impressive. The story was super noisy and the isolation wasn't stellar (though that has been covered) but these are super lightweight, smaller than you'd expect, really comfortable and great mids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back