V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Dec 8, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #496 of 2,828
Can anyone compare these to the IE8s? I want to start dabbling more into cans or at least get closer and these have caught my eye. Do you think they are a good choice to start out with? I'm hearing excellent things from everyone on the thread and am certainly interested but when it comes down to it, how to they compare to top tier universal IEMs? 

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #497 of 2,828

Quote:
Can anyone compare these to the IE8s? I want to start dabbling more into cans or at least get closer and these have caught my eye. Do you think they are a good choice to start out with? I'm hearing excellent things from everyone on the thread and am certainly interested but when it comes down to it, how to they compare to top tier universal IEMs? 

Well my opinion is it's rather hard to compare a headphone to an IEM. If I was to try and compare I'd put the M-80 somewhere in between my Klipish X10 and my Turbine Coppers. The M-80 to my ears has the highs and bass similar, note I'm saying similar, to my X10's and slightly similar, M-80 has more liquidy mids, to my Turbine Coppers. Sound stage I would put the M-80 on par with both the Coppers and the X10.

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #498 of 2,828
Sounds like I might have to pick them up. This is what I like about over ears, on ears, cans, whatever. You have much more room to work with and can match the sound of higher priced IEMs and then you just have the straight up monster cans than can rock anyones ears with the unprecedented fidelity, soundstage, separation, placement and clarity they offer. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #499 of 2,828
To all the people who got personalized logos : What did you have to do to get your logo to match their requirements? I'm thinking of getting a set but have no clue how to get the images other than straight from google, which is far from their 'ideal'

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #500 of 2,828

Quote:
Sounds like I might have to pick them up. This is what I like about over ears, on ears, cans, whatever. You have much more room to work with and can match the sound of higher priced IEMs and then you just have the straight up monster cans than can rock anyones ears with the unprecedented fidelity, soundstage, separation, placement and clarity they offer. 

Well like I said before it's similar not exactly the same. If you like the Coppers and the X10 you should like the M80's.

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #501 of 2,828
I'm pretty open to different sound reproduction anyways so I think I'll pick up a pair sometime in the near future. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #502 of 2,828

Quote:
Does anyone have experience using these with the HP-P1? I know these don't need the amp but I'm wondering how much of a difference the DAC makes vs the iPhone/iPod?

I've been using mine with the HP-P1 and the result has been good, a step up from direct out of my iPhone 4S, which sounds a bit harsh.

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #503 of 2,828
It still disappoints me that the iPhone 4 is on paper anyway able to drive headphones and IEMs better than the 4S. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #504 of 2,828
Quote:
To all the people who got personalized logos : What did you have to do to get your logo to match their requirements? I'm thinking of getting a set but have no clue how to get the images other than straight from google, which is far from their 'ideal'

I just got an image off my computer (I have quite a lot) and Photoshop'ed it so it would be black and white scale. I then changed the resolution to 300dpi and changed the size to bit.
If you want, you can PM me some images and I can see if I can do the same thing. I'm no master at Photoshop though (quite the opposite actually lol), so don't set expectations too high haha

It's easiest to work with images that are already large in resolution and contain only certain amounts of colors~

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #505 of 2,828

Quote:
International
Can take up to ~10-14 days for the least expensive shipping to UK. Yes warranty is of course covered.  Or France should have more stock, I believe.  Including Virgin, Colette, Amazon.

Amazon France
http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/280-9515398-3133212?__mk_fr_FR=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=v-moda+m-80&x=0&y=0

Laser cut (not engrave) customs test

tested this today, probably cannot do for a while, but it's SWEET! will post pics next week once we plate them.

I ordered my headphones: 21/nov, today are 18 days, but still do not see them: (
I'm in Italy to Rome

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #506 of 2,828

Quote:
I've gone ahead and purchased a pair of LP2 that I'll audition, so to speak, and see how I like them. If I end up liking them a lot, I'll keep 'em and be an official V-Moda groupie. The smooth highs will be fine, and I'm okay with a bit of bleed into the mids with the bass because I am kind of a basshead. I'll see how it all goes though.

I hope you like them.  I'll eagerly wait your impressions on them.  It's one of the more bass heavy cans I've heard, so bass junkies should like them.  

Quote:
Val from V-Moda said these needs like 24hrs burn in before sounding great, the bass seems to start bleeding less into the mids as there's things happening around the 200~250Hz area mostly. A head-fi user also seemed to be of the same opinion.

I am burning them in all day and I'll do the same tomorrow, so should sound great by tomorrow night.  

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #507 of 2,828
Just received them.

First impression: Feels damn solid, look damn sexy.

From first listen, the first thing I noticed was the liquid mids. Vocals are just how I like them. The subbass is good and the bass has good quantity. There is a tiny bit of boominess which I hope slowly goes away with time. Treble is slightly airy but lacks the sparkle of the HD25. I miss the treble of the HD25... Presentation is really good though. These definitely don't feel as cramped as the HD25. 

They sound like a keeper. :) I'll update later, but between these and the Triple Fi. 10s I should have my portables satisfied for awhile.

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #508 of 2,828
Received the M-80s yesterday. First impressions are similar to many (most) of the reviews: great looks, solid build and LOVE the case! I haven't had these long enough for in-depth comments, but I certainly agree that these don't need an amp! They sound very nice with my Ipod right out of the box. Listened to a few favorite tracks with the M-80s plugged into my Ibasso D6 in USB Dac mode and it made them sing. So far I think these are gonna be keepers...

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #509 of 2,828

Quote:
Just received them.

First impression: Feels damn solid, look damn sexy.

From first listen, the first thing I noticed was the liquid mids. Vocals are just how I like them. The subbass is good and the bass has good quantity. There is a tiny bit of boominess which I hope slowly goes away with time. Treble is slightly airy but lacks the sparkle of the HD25. I miss the treble of the HD25... Presentation is really good though. These definitely don't feel as cramped as the HD25. 

They sound like a keeper. :) I'll update later, but between these and the Triple Fi. 10s I should have my portables satisfied for awhile.

Congrats glad the M80 works for you. Good luck trying to stay away from upgradeitous. Upgradeitous is hard to avoid when on here

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #510 of 2,828

Quote:
It still disappoints me that the iPhone 4 is on paper anyway able to drive headphones and IEMs better than the 4S. 

What? They lessened the amping power? for what purpose? @.@

Users who are viewing this thread

Back