V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Feb 12, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #2,702 of 2,828
What a great company to do business with. My 3-button cable stopped working correctly and all I had to do to get a replacement was to send them a photo of my old cable cut up to show that it would no longer be used. They had a new cable in the mail to me within only a couple hours. Fantastic!

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #2,703 of 2,828
  What a great company to do business with. My 3-button cable stopped working correctly and all I had to do to get a replacement was to send them a photo of my old cable cut up to show that it would no longer be used. They had a new cable in the mail to me within only a couple hours. Fantastic!

Good guy Val.

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #2,704 of 2,828

same here

i was wondering if you got the cable with the m80s or separately. Does vmoda's warranty cover even the included cables?

i got mines separately and they asked for the same, within days for me they sent out a new one! no charge! but it was within a year soo that was good

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #2,705 of 2,828
The cable I had replaced came with the M-80s, which their warranty covers. Mine were still under warranty, however I didn't even have to show proof of purchase, just a photo of my "destroyed" old cable.

The replacement cable is actually a little different than the original, but it's better in that the controls are now about 8 inches further down the cable and where the controls used to be is a separate mike. I'm assuming this modification was made to help reduce microphonics, which I never really had much of a problem with anyway.

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #2,706 of 2,828
I agree that they have great customer service. My cable broke and like others I just needed to send them a pic of the cable torn up.

I have had mine for a couple of months and I do enjoy listening to them, however I cannot listen to them for an extended period of time. Initially I could only use them for a short period and now can listen a bit longer so I assume the pads and the band is stretching a bit as well. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #2,709 of 2,828
Damn. These things are so fantastic. The sound one gets from these + fiio e11 is impeccable. So much less than my friends beats and yet arms and legs better. He doesn't think so. Damn shame. oh well. some people will never break free of the brainwash which brands have over them. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #2,710 of 2,828
  Damn. These things are so fantastic. The sound one gets from these + fiio e11 is impeccable. So much less than my friends beats and yet arms and legs better. He doesn't think so. Damn shame. oh well. some people will never break free of the brainwash which brands have over them. 

I just purchased a FiiO E12 from a fellow poster here. I am very excited to try it with my M-80s.

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #2,711 of 2,828
I heard the e12 is great. Let me know what you think!

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #2,712 of 2,828
  is there any replacement pads for the m80?

If you Google about I remember reading a bloke mentioning that a big pad from another 
set of phones fit 'over' the stock M80 ones iirc.

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #2,713 of 2,828
Something that I learned last year after repairing a few M80s with a "dead" or "cutting out" left channel is that the 3.5mm jack in the headphone seems to have a somewhat poorly designed left channel tab.  The contact tends to put plenty of stress on the left channel solder leg that connects to the PCB where all the wiring goes to, so if the left channel is cutting out or silent and the cable seems to be fine, then the left leg of the jack is probably broken.  You just break off a piece of the plastic housing of the jack next to the solder joint closest to where the wires are connected to the PCB.  Add some solder to restore the now more exposed connection et voila, fixed, and probably more durable than before.  You have to be acreful not to accidentally short that solder joint with the wire connection closest to it, they're barely separated.
Hope this helps handier folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back