V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Nov 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #77 of 2,828
Just to be balanced here Gilly, I agree with you that my previous experiences with V-Moda gear has been pretty poor. That's why I'm so enthused about his recent release.

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #79 of 2,828

Quote:
I don't dislike VModa, they are a corporation,

FACT 1
We are a family-owned business.  Since my family are the sole owners, we can change business models on a dime.  

TRUST
If you don't trust V-MODA's quality, view all the professional musicians and DJs that use them every night and day without ANY payments, or Youtube/Google me as a professional DJ and remixer such as this.  

These artists helped me tune the LP and M-series on various tours, tour buses and our labs and club for almost 5 years. LP/M series products are the result of that long R&D process. When I say tuned by over 50 legendary producers, we are not lying - we are creating the "trueHERTZ" video series to reveal the process - even Stevie Wonder gave me vital input on M-80. 

FREEDOM
Because I can go "OCD" without being a profit-driven conglomerates or public company, I have the creative freedom to create products with a unique motive - the art of sound.   What keeps us going at V-MODA is building the M-series, including M-80, M-100, Milano, Revolver and Ear Armor.  If we don't build these flagship products that have a high probability of losing money, nobody else would! 

Music and headphones are art, after all...

Cheers, 

-V

I used to work for RadioShack and we sold three different lines of their IEMs and the Crossfades while I was there.

Radio Shack Fact Check
We didn't sell Crossfade LP to Radio Shack until only recently, and they in fact carry M-80 now.  Radio Shack had our low end Bass Freq and Faze, Bass Freq won CNET's editor's choice under $100, is 4 stars after 5 years and 1000+ reviews on Amazon. For many consumers it obviously was a platinum-selling hit that brought much joy to the world for a low cost and was built with quality and consistency - but it has been retired.  

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #80 of 2,828
My last post on the subject of "compensation". You will need to put up with my being a fool on last time.

My offence wasn't really your questioning the objectivity of the reviewers based on us recieving a free headphone. My offence was the two comments from you where you stated, "Somebody is paying somebody", and "I suppose I'd be out of line asking if you received anything else, but my suspicions remain". Both which imply more was/is going on than us the receiving free product which was openly disclosed in our reviews.

Using your logic and posting style. "I suppose I would be out of line asking if you have received anything for sabotaging V-Moda and this thread with your comments". Now hold up before commenting, after all "Most of the readers of this thread seem to take no such offense to my questioning. In this day and age I don't think my suspicion is at all unwarranted".

Anyway, I am now done with this foolishness. I answered your question about the SE215 as did Armaegis. I hope you like the M80 if you get a pair and in any case happy listening.

Quote:
Please stop splitting moral hairs and using semantics to make my suspicion seem unfounded. I explained myself; if you'd like to crucify me go right ahead, but you'll look quite the fool. Most of your fellow reviewers seem to take no such offense to my questioning. In this day and age I don't think my suspicion is at all unwarranted.

And again, please don't twist my words; it's not my dislike for VModa, but rather my consistently negative experience with their products, combined with the unanimously positive reviews; sure, some have a few minor negative remarks, but on the whole they are generally positive.. Yes, having consistently negative experiences with their products causes a question mark when I hear that one of them is good, especially when I know that the reviewers received the products for free. Is that really unreasonable?

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #81 of 2,828
Family owned business? I like the sound of that. My opinion of your company is no longer neutral :p I'll withold thoughts on the products until I hear the M80.

The products I heard were the bassfreqs, fazes, and bassfreq metal; while I liked the construction and overall look on the Metals, they felt like a drop in quality from the original bassfreq IMO, whose bass I appreciated immensely :) but it was overpowering to my ears. The metals sounded less clear and more mid-bawdy to me, they didn't quite rumble on dubstep the way the originals did. I did hear the crossfades and while again the bass was enjoyable, I just couldn't get past how much it suppressed the rest of its signature.

I'm looking forward to trying the M80; I've thought for a while that I would surely wind up with the HD25-1 II, and will probably audition them first on grounds that they are generally so highly regarded, but the M80s are on my list to try along with Shure SRH750DJ.

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #83 of 2,828

Quote:
Sabotaging? Please be reasonable. I believe I have been very reasonable and largely objective in all of my posts.

Okay, guys, I think everyone understands both sides by now, and it seems you've all hashed it out. This particular discussion is now veering into taking the thread at least somewhat off-topic.

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #85 of 2,828

Quote:
      Quote:

Trust me, I'd be all over the M-80 if it were a well marketed POS. And I haven't held back on gear which I felt were POS.

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #86 of 2,828
He's entitled to an opinion just like everybody else. *shrug*

I still use my HDJ-2000 more than the M80, but that's just me.

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #88 of 2,828
OK. Yes, you're right. My bad.

Nov 9, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #90 of 2,828
I wouldn't call my Head Fi membership free...it has literally incinerated the majority of my paychecks for years :)

I must admit though, I was a V-Moda virgin before receiving the M-80.  I've never heard the other models and after reading back a bit here I felt enthralled with the possibility of finally getting to hear them at Radioshack. I felt like this at first

Then I took a stroll on up to the local mall and walked into the Radioshack only to find they didn't have any V-Moda products in stock.  I then felt like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back