V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews
Nov 12, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #106 of 2,828
I also had to get the V80 since they were 40 dollar cheaper. Now I have burned this for a day. At first it sounded medicore after 13-14 hours of burn in. Then I gave it a rest and let it burn again for 6-7 hours more. I don't know what was wrong wit my ears before but it is sounding way more improved. Dynamic sound, vibrant bass, music becomes warm n lively. About the bass for some reason I think they are little too quick to roll of. I am not sure how to explain it but needs more listening. Just listened to some Joe Satriani flac files on my cowon J3 on normal eq. I can honestly say I was lost into the music so much I even had my girl friend waiting for so long on skype completely forgetting she was even on there
biggrin.gif
Only negative for me so far is they kinda hurt my ear but need to mention this my first on ear headphone. I am used to in and over ear. This do become a little tight on my ear hopefully they will soften up over time.

Nov 12, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #107 of 2,828

Quote:
I also had to get the V80 since they were 40 dollar cheaper. Now I have burned this for a day. At first it sounded medicore after 13-14 hours of burn in. Then I gave it a rest and let it burn again for 6-7 hours more. I don't know what was wrong wit my ears before but it is sounding way more improved. Dynamic sound, vibrant bass, music becomes warm n lively. About the bass for some reason I think they are little too quick to roll of. I am not sure how to explain it but needs more listening. Just listened to some Joe Satriani flac files on my cowon J3 on normal eq. I can honestly say I was lost into the music so much I even had my girl friend waiting for so long on skype completely forgetting she was even on there
biggrin.gif
Only negative for me so far is they kinda hurt my ear but need to mention this my first on ear headphone. I am used to in and over ear. This do become a little tight on my ear hopefully they will soften up over time.

Trust me if you really want to hear what the V-80 can really do listen to the youtube video below. It's not the greatest sound quality but you'll get the idea where I'm coming from.

Nov 12, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #109 of 2,828

Quote:
Man, I stopped going to nightclubs because of that song...and the glow sticks :\

Lmao yeah well I haven't done the raver thing in over a decade in a half.

Nov 12, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #111 of 2,828
I asked once and people seem to think there are some similarities with the Shure SE215. The Monster Turbines might also be a good bet, I had a bad experience with them but I recently realized that I only ever used them with an older iPod mini which may not have been a sufficient source.

Nov 12, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #112 of 2,828
SE215 and the Spider Realvoice would be to good options for IEM alternatives to the M80. Both have slightly less detail but similar sonic signatures. The Realvoice has a smidge brighter sound.

Nov 12, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #113 of 2,828
@DigitalFreak I have an idea now what V80 can do. I have a good collection of Tiesto, Van Buuren, Edward Maya, Deadmau5, Infected Mushroom all in 320 kbps or flac files. Listening to em with V80 really puts a smile on my face. The drop in sound quality I faced at first is completely gone. The sound sig in this pair is exactly what I was looking for. Warm and rich

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #115 of 2,828

Quote:
@DigitalFreak I have an idea now what V80 can do. I have a good collection of Tiesto, Van Buuren, Edward Maya, Deadmau5, Infected Mushroom all in 320 kbps or flac files. Listening to em with V80 really puts a smile on my face. The drop in sound quality I faced at first is completely gone. The sound sig in this pair is exactly what I was looking for. Warm and rich

Glad to hear it worked out for you enjoy your investment my friend
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #116 of 2,828
I'm actually having a problem with the M80s. There's a slight ticking that sometimes goes on when I plug it into my computer. It does get pretty annoying and I'm trying to find out the reason why. Other devices work just fine. Is it my computer?

Nov 13, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #117 of 2,828

Quote:
I'm actually having a problem with the M80s. There's a slight ticking that sometimes goes on when I plug it into my computer. It does get pretty annoying and I'm trying to find out the reason why. Other devices work just fine. Is it my computer?

The 4-pin plugs required for the microphone sometimes has issues with certain 3.5mm ports, especially if the jack is jacked up at all.  

Do you have the audio only cable to compare it to?  Try it on a smartphone or MP3 player too... We've noticed a few PC sound cards and older fitness equipment to be the main 3.5mm ports that are finicky. 

-v  

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #118 of 2,828
I am really sad, even tho the SQ is good on my V-80 but every headphone i tried after my Beats Studio is super uncomfortable after just 15 min of use ...
isn't there anything I can put around my ears so it won't hurt as much? like ear pillows or something? I wanna enjoy my V-80 for longer use. 
frown.gif

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #119 of 2,828
If you watch the Vmoda video they show how you can stretch the headband as part of how versatile they are. If you bend the headband like they show it will make them have less clamp and make them more comfortable.

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #120 of 2,828
I'm using the audio only cable on my computer and it gives the ticking randomly. I can't really test because it will just come suddenly. Plugging it into my ipod is fine though. No problem. Actually when I think about it. it's the audio only that gives that ticking noise. It doesn't happen on my mic one. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back