V-MODA CROSSFADE M-80 AUDIO VOYAGE – Reviewers wanted!
Sep 4, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #197 of 467

Quote:
you shall not pass!

You already have two high end portables, you don't need any more!

GIVE IT TO ME!
angry_face.gif

biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #203 of 467
Check out the big review on Amazon. This might be the best portable ever.

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #205 of 467

Head-Fi Community, 

I sincerely appreciate the responses and I am amped for the next stages of this campaign.  My experienced team and I have poured all of our passion into the Crossfade series of products for over half a decade.  The true stories interwoven within these products, the headphone industry and legendary musicians could constitute a trilogy! 

As a former forum fanatic and BBS owner from back in the days, I crafted the M-80 with an innovative design philosophy to be appreciated by both the Head-Fi audiophile and V-MODA modiophile.  Crossfade M-80’s "utilitarianism" R&D was focused on developing the "Greatest Sound for the Greatest Amount of People".  As we’ve already heard initially, I strongly feel the sound, materials, design and comfort splits the middle and will be loved by many.    

We will finish the selection in the coming days and begin customizing the products with a monogram or logo.  For those of you who are not selected, I will offer a special code soon, “Head-Fi”, which will include a pro-audio cable and Shield customization with your own name or logo at no extra charge.  

Let the games begin! 

Sincerely,

-val kolton
V-MODA Founder and Producer/DJ:

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #208 of 467

Quote:
Sweet!

Ummm...Val, what is this?  You're hiding something.

YES... Well, when these things take 5+ years to develop and quality engineer I have to test models that will come out years in advance, today.

It turned out LP became the most popular DJ headphone, however due to NOT having a breakable hinge and a flexible headband.  One thing that is constant, is change!  We do have a whole line of "pro-sumer" gear planned, LP and M-80 are the two first pieces but in fact another higher-end ($500-1k) product line developed BEFORE them has yet to launch.

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #209 of 467
Indie Rock
Jazz
Electronic

Seattle, WA

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #210 of 467
I like the aesthetics of the LPs and M-80s, but they definitely don't have the "timeless" (AKA basic) designs of most other headphones. I wonder if V-MODA is going to stick with the angled look and attempt to create a standard, or if the designs will change every year or so (thereby creating limited runs which could increase value, as well as maintaining an eye-catching aesthetic for current products).

Edit: And if it persuades you in any way (My entry is on the first page), my 30th birthday is at the end of the month, and these would make an awesome birthday gift!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back