V-Moda Crossfade LP?
Aug 20, 2012 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Kosmik Panda

100+ Head-Fier
I have some HD439's right now and they just dont have enough bass for my liking, I have heard some many mixed reviews on head-fi, amazon, and other sites. Some say they are really good for the money, and others will say that these are not worth 5$. So I thought I would start a thread. I listen to everything from Jazz, to Dubstep. (only music I dont listen to is country, death metal/screamo) I really like the looks and build of these cans but the comfort, and sound seems to be a big blank spot. Help me out please! Thanks in advance!

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 14
The one thing I learn here on head-fi is, everyone has a different opinion of a headphone.
Me, I'm a basshead so I like my Crossfade, I have to EQ the heck out of it to sound the way I want, but it's worth the $90 I paid for.
I only use the crossfade to listen to rap, hip hop, and some rock and the way I EQ it, it sounds good to me, especially the bass.

I think you might be better off going with something like the ultrasone HFI580 if you want a bassy headphone that covers more genre

EDIT:
To me the crossfade is very comfortable. The ear pads could be a bit bigger, but it does fit my ears so I can't complain, but I can see it being a discomfort for someone with bigger ears.

Aug 20, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 14
Yeah, they're not going to be as pretty as the crossfade, but they do sound better.

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #5 of 14
From reading on these forums (i.e. not actually hearing them first-hand), I get the impression that the Ultrasones sound a bit better than the Crossfades, but have less bass. Can anyone confirm this?

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 14
LPs are among the bassiest headphones, HFI-580 isn't, HFI-580 is for entry lvl - medium lvl bassheads, heavy & extreme bassheads might want even more. :) The problem with LPs is the slanting frequency response, very boosted bass and pretty veiled highs which makes them not very versatail.

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:
I have some HD439's right now and they just dont have enough bass for my liking, I have heard some many mixed reviews on head-fi, amazon, and other sites. Some say they are really good for the money, and others will say that these are not worth 5$. So I thought I would start a thread. I listen to everything from Jazz, to Dubstep. (only music I dont listen to is country, death metal/screamo) I really like the looks and build of these cans but the comfort, and sound seems to be a big blank spot. Help me out please! Thanks in advance!

RoMee is right. Everyone has a different opinion of headphones. From what I can experience, the LP's clamp a little tighter than your average headphone. The Memory foam helps to withdraw some of that discomfort and I am just loving the soft pads. Yes, the LP's are great for bass, but I am not to sure about how well it would sound with other genres of music, since I only listen to electronic music. The LP's probably wouldn't be the best way to go, since you stated that you listen to everything from Jazz to Dubstep. 

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:
Ok well what would be another basshead can I can get for about 110?USD (Excluding the ultrasones.)

M-Audio Q40, I listen to wide variety of genres and I concider myself a spoilt basshead but I also pair it with a digiZoid ZO2.1 amp which can further increase bass but it already has a bit more than the HFI-580 to begin with. I like how this headphone handles especially acoustic instruments and vocals for being such strong in the bass but I concider amping it fairly important, otherwise mids seems a little boring sounding.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #14 of 14
You never heard too many good things abut the M50's?  There's even a theard on here asking if they are overrated and most said no.  I think you'll be hard pressed to find a negative review here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back