V-Moda Crossfade LP works for modern Heavy Metal?
Jul 22, 2010 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Pathogen666

New Head-Fier
I'm in pursuit of some over-ear, comfortable headphones for use on my computer, speaker system, and ipod.

I was in the Apple store the other day and saw a pair of big, bulky, and stylish headphones plugged into one of the demo iTouches

I tried them on, found them to be quite comfortable, and browsed through the demo's genre list to find something similar to what I listen to.

Being as I listen to melodic death metal, they didnt have anything. So I chose Rock and looked for something remotely heavy.

I was VERY impressed with the both the sound quality and the soundstage I heard when I put on Silverstein's... "Vice" I think it was called.

Even with the 250$ price, the headphones had me sold.

But I held off and decided I would read reviews first.

I've read they mainly sound the best for club and dance music, the sorta thing a DJ oriented headphone set would be good for.

But my question is:
Would these work well for Heavy Metal?

Lots of bass is very important, but as with the complexity of metal, so is treble and mid.

I read on one review site that the vocals sounded like they were through a megaphone. Which of course does not sound very good at all.

None of these sites said anything about Heavy Metal, so I figured I'd ask and hope one of you guys here at the forums could give me a good review for a metal listener.

Cheers!

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 2
Hey man, I am a fellow Metalhead as I listen to bands as Danzig, Dimmu Borgir, Old Mans Child, Megadeth, as well as Hardcore bands as Converge.  I read somewhere (I think on a Amazon review for the LP headphones) that the M-100s are better, because they have the bass as the LPs do, but they have another driver for the Mids and highs.  So they get the Machine gun kick drums to the screaming guitar solos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back