V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Apr 19, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #631 of 1,668
Oh my God. I don't know if I should upgrade from my CFW1 or not. Omg

Thanks for your review! I might wait till someone else makes a 2nd comparison

You can send your CFW's into V-Moda and get 50% off a new pair of CF2W's
I have both, for sound quality alone, I really don't hear much of a difference. The 2's bass is a little tighter, but it's not night and day. I'm keeping both, just because I like V-Modas headphone and enjoy the collecting part of it. I have my 1's in my gym bag, and 2's for my daily drivers... IMO, there's nothing to loose by sending your 1's in and getting the 50% the 2's. That's a pretty amazing deal that you won't see anyone else doing.
I don't think you'd be disappointed if you upgraded.

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #632 of 1,668
You can send your CFW's into V-Moda and get 50% off a new pair of CF2W's
I have both, for sound quality alone, I really don't hear much of a difference. The 2's bass is a little tighter, but it's not night and day. I'm keeping both, just because I like V-Modas headphone and enjoy the collecting part of it. I have my 1's in my gym bag, and 2's for my daily drivers... IMO, there's nothing to loose by sending your 1's in and getting the 50% the 2's. That's a pretty amazing deal that you won't see anyone else doing.
I don't think you'd be disappointed if you upgraded.

Well if the difference isn't that big ill stick with my CFW1 I guess. The thing is that sending my CFW1 to V-Moda (USA I guess from Switzerland) would cost me so much. And paying the customs fee (90$) etc for the CFW2 would be make the whole deal to 300$ again... :frowning2:

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #633 of 1,668
Oh my God. I don't know if I should upgrade from my CFW1 or not. Omg

Thanks for your review! I might wait till someone else makes a 2nd comparison

I upgraded from the CFW1, mine should be getting here in two days on the 21st.  I enjoyed the sound of the CFW1's and figured that, worst case scenario, the CFW2's would sound the same.  I'm still getting the folding hinge design, better ear pads, and an increase in battery life along with (what I think is) a better looking pair of headphones (sucks to the haters, I like the rose gold look).  Being an Android user, I'm also getting aptX.  I don't know if I would be able to spot the difference between SBC and aptX on these headphones but I figured it was worth a shot as I'll still be getting other upgrades.  Plus my CFW1's were starting to crack where the shields are screwed into the ear cups.  I normally wouldn't really care (they still held up) but I had the white CFW1's and the cracks were easy to spot.  V-Moda's trade-in program makes it difficult to resist upgrading to their newer headphones.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #635 of 1,668
Seems my CFW2 were held in UPS for like 3 weeks due to an incorrect address. But I'll finally get them tomorrow night!!

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #636 of 1,668

Well if the difference isn't that big ill stick with my CFW1 I guess. The thing is that sending my CFW1 to V-Moda (USA I guess from Switzerland) would cost me so much. And paying the customs fee (90$) etc for the CFW2 would be make the whole deal to 300$ again...
frown.gif

I think the sound signature is a bit different.  It's not quite as warm, a little brighter (but not "bright"), and certainly more refined across the spectrum.  However, it's still the same general "flavor" and I would certainly say they are in the same category of headphone.  To me, the listening experience is different, but in a good way.  I would just keep both in your situation, since there's not much benefit to trading yours in.

Mine are scheduled to arrive on Monday. Long wait, but it looks like a bunch of you are getting them this week so at least I'll have some impressions to read.

As a fellow iPhone user, I'm certainly interested to hear your impressions.

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #637 of 1,668
Hey All!

I have been lurking here for a while now. I am a big fan of V-Moda (have previously owned the LP2-M100 and CW1).
I will probably pull the trigger on some CW2 once they hit Amazon UK I was absolutely murdered last time with customs charges ordering direct from V-Moda.
I will be keeping an eye on these forums whilst I wait for Amazon to sort themselves out and listen to everyone's opinions.

Take it easy.

Byron.

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #638 of 1,668
It looks like the Forza Wirelss are finally released today, and on the website, it says they have have apt-x and high end AAC, so I'm thinking we can forget about the CF2W's to have any sort of AAC. I don't see why they would advertise one having it, and not the other

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #639 of 1,668
It looks like the Forza Wirelss are finally released today, and on the website, it says they have have apt-x and high end AAC, so I'm thinking we can forget about the CF2W's to have any sort of AAC. I don't see why they would advertise one having it, and not the other

My fault, I just re read it, and it said aptx, and high end aptx, but no aac

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #641 of 1,668
Seems my CFW2 were held in UPS for like 3 weeks due to an incorrect address. But I'll finally get them tomorrow night!!

That's frustrating... my first packet is caught in Austrian customs for 8 days now. After the photo with the copper part as a color comparison i've ordered a rose gold as well, this time paying through the nose for UPS international express. That took only two days (including customs...) -- now they are waiting for me to return from my holiday. Oh well...

The first reports are very reassuring to me, a bit tighter bass with less bleeding might cure my only gripe with the CFW1. A thought that crossed my mind these days, waiting for my packet(s) to arrive: maybe V-Moda configured SBC to only work when enough bandwidth is available... which would explain the cutouts i experience sometimes when walking on the streets with just turning my head. Pure speculation, but to my ears they sound quite good with what I suspect is just SBC.

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #643 of 1,668
  I think the sound signature is a bit different.  It's not quite as warm, a little brighter (but not "bright"), and certainly more refined across the spectrum.  However, it's still the same general "flavor" and I would certainly say they are in the same category of headphone.  To me, the listening experience is different, but in a good way.  I would just keep both in your situation, since there's not much benefit to trading yours in.

As a fellow iPhone user, I'm certainly interested to hear your impressions.

Sounds like the sound signature difference between the CFW1 and the CFW2 is the same transformation I recall between the M80's and the XS. Better treble without being harsh and cleaner (tighter) bass.

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #644 of 1,668
My thoughts exactly. I said the same thing last week when I reviewed my Matte Blacks, only difference for me was that I was going off of memory because I used V-Moda's Immortal Life Program and gave up my CFW1. Glad to know my memory of the sound signature of the CFW1 was not off.
It is still very much a fun headphone, just not quite as bassy. Some may see that as not as fun. However, when you compare the CF2W to the QC35, Sony MDR-1000X, and M50X, all of which I still have, it's the most fun to listen to.

I also have the MDR-1000X and chose them over the CF2W because of ANC.  I use them primarily on the train.  How is the passive isolation of the CF2W compared to the ANC of the MDR-1000X?  (I'm aware that the Sony will be far more isolating, but if the CF2W can come somewhat close to that while offering noticeably better sound it might be worth it)

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #645 of 1,668
I also have the MDR-1000X and chose them over the CF2W because of ANC.  I use them primarily on the train.  How is the passive isolation of the CF2W compared to the ANC of the MDR-1000X?  (I'm aware that the Sony will be far more isolating, but if the CF2W can come somewhat close to that while offering noticeably better sound it might be worth it)

I probably shouldn't speculate and just let someone who has them answer, but if the CF2W are like the M-100 in isolation, the 1000x is going to be a night/day difference.

At low volume I can uphold a conversation without removing my headphones (again, M-100 model) if this helps.

Edit: to get isolation to the point I hear nothing else.. anyone nearby knows exactly what im listening to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back